Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Sad that he's gone, end of an era but if anyone has earned this move it's him.

He's given us seven fantastic years, been part of an amazing journey, and apart from a little wobble last summer has acted very professionally even when it was clear he wanted to move on. On top of that we've made a huge profit on him so no complaints from me. That's also a very classy goodbye message. Hope he wins the title next season.

For Saints it's time to move on, Clasie will be a good addition and it will be interesting to see how we use the rest of the money.

Merci, Morgan

Morgan scored 15 goals in 7 seasons. Over the last two seasons I watched every minute of his home performances and 5 away games. He was a very gifted midfielder who was pretty cr @p at shooting. If you think otherwise, then you must have been watching another player. Ward-Prowse is about as bad as hitting the target, but my standard is Ronald Koeman. 239 goals in 685 appearances as a defender/sweeper. £25 million? Grab the money for Morgan and run...

Either way, it's not really a reason for suggesting that we are better off grabbing the money and running because Morgan isn't a great goal scoring threat. Top DM's like Matic are never judged on their goal scoring but are often spoken about in terms of how critical thy are to the team. I doubt Man Utd are overly fussed about his shooting ability because it's not what drives his value to the team.

71a8e6fd34692552885d6d3c1ed92af2.jpg

CJzDRh1WgAAUJMT.jpg:large

I must be getting more emotional as I get older, his "goodbye" has put a bit of a lump in my throat. Stupid sentimental fool I am.

Wonder how much greener the grass is at Old Trafford.

Best of luck to him, but not against us.

Incredible player. really is.

he could have played no where near as good for liverpool in the last couple of seasons and would have got so much more recognition.

Impossible to replace and I hope we dont try. More change direction a little.

United have the best player in the league in his position. and that is without any rose tined/saints coloured glasses on.

It is crap when players move but when they do, you can't complain when they go when he has, after years of service to a proper, genuine super power in football with champions league to boot.

Unlike the prats who left for liverpool and spurs

Good luck to the lad.

As one door closes many doors open.

Good luck Harrison Reed, JWP, Dominik Gape and any other player who wants to replace him

The future is 'RED and WHITE' We march on

Absolutely!

....whilst Morgan held his regular first team spot, everyone else was excluded. Now that role is up for grabs.....£25 million in the bank ...a win-win situation.

Edited by david in sweden

What an incredible player & a privilege to watch him for the last seven years. Sad to see Morgan leave but I wish him all the best at Utd, they have just bought the best player in the league in his position. That message he left was just a really nice touch. Good luck Morgan, we will miss you heavily.

Bit gutted really. He's been my favourite player - and in my opinion our best player - since we were in League One. Yes, even in his first season or so when he had a fair few internet warriors giving him grief I thought he was class. Genuinely wish Morgan all the best except when he plays against us.

That's the way to say goodbye , with dignity and respect

take note shaw, lallana, lovren and clyne

Good luck for the future Morgan, we will miss you ( well I certainly will ) you have been a rock in our midfield and defence.

TBF I don't remember Clyne doing too much wrong. Lallana and Lovren I'll give you though, they both had PR disasters - one worse than the other..

Bet he now appeciated Les stopping him leaving last year, as he would be playing for Spuds and now he is playing for one of the World's most supported clubs and probably on far higher wages per week.

Edited by mcjwills

Known it was coming but still a tough one to take.

I’ve been using him as a midfield role model for my nipper to follow for a few years now. Always impressed at how he managed to be everywhere but you never seemed to see him running. Truly great vision.

Wish him all the best, but a new role model is now required….

COYR

Good Luck / Bonne Chance Morgan.

What a hero! He deserves this move. To have gone up in value from 1.8m to 25m shows how hes developed and played for us.

Now to find the next MS.

Onward and upward. But obviously concerned that we sold our three best players.

Onward and upward. But obviously concerned that we sold our three best players.

We've only sold two players this summer; Clyne and Schneiderlin. We've already replaced Clyne with Cedric and it looks like Clasie will soon be Schnederlin's replacement. Then we need to fill the gap left by Alderweireld.

Just wrote the following on fb, thought I'd add it here too:

Can't argue with Schneiderlin going to United, deserves a big move. I was there when he scored his first goal for us away at Bristol Rovers and was there for his last goal away at Stoke, in the 5 years between those goals he has developed in to such a top player. Often reminisce about our League One glory days and our rise back to the Prem, he was a massive part of that, so fair play, thanks, & au revoir

Clyne is the real sickener an absolute bargain when you think we paid 12 million for Shane Long! I know who id rather have, that said i know he only had a year left on his contract and he strung us along for a while so he had a plan B

Clyne is the real sickener an absolute bargain when you think we paid 12 million for Shane Long! I know who id rather have, that said i know he only had a year left on his contract and he strung us along for a while so he had a plan B

So if you know he only had a year left why compare to Long and why think it a sickener????????

So is Morgan. People talk as if he is the be all and end all of our team but he really isn't. Last summer everyone was talking about how much we depend on Lambert and the team can't cope without him. We replaced Rickie and will replace Morgan.

Last year without Morgan we:

Beat Villa 6-1

Beat Arsenal 2-0

Beat Everton 3-0

Beat Newcastle 2-1

With Morgan we

Lost 1-0 to Sheff Utd

Lost 1-0 to WBA

Drew 0-0 with WBA

Lost 2-1 to Stoke

Lost 1-0 at Everton

Yes I know I'm just cherry picking results but the point is we've had some great wins without him and some sh*t defeats with him. He will be missed but there is no reason our results will drop if we bring in a decent replacement.

When Schneiderlin was on the pitch we scored 0.93 goals more than we conceded. When Yoshida was, we scored the same number as we conceded (in a team with a massive positive goal difference). He will be a MASSIVE loss (as will Alderweireld) and we've got our work cut out to come close to replacing him.

Also, every clean sheet wins you on average 2.5 points, every goal scored is worth less than half that. Why would we become less defensive when it was being defensive that was the core to our points-taking last season?

Also, every clean sheet wins you on average 2.5 points, every goal scored is worth less than half that. Why would we become less defensive when it was being defensive that was the core to our points-taking last season?

Someone has been reading Soccernomics.