Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

So is Morgan. People talk as if he is the be all and end all of our team but he really isn't. Last summer everyone was talking about how much we depend on Lambert and the team can't cope without him. We replaced Rickie and will replace Morgan.

Last year without Morgan we:

Beat Villa 6-1

Beat Arsenal 2-0

Beat Everton 3-0

Beat Newcastle 2-1

With Morgan we

Lost 1-0 to Sheff Utd

Lost 1-0 to WBA

Drew 0-0 with WBA

Lost 2-1 to Stoke

Lost 1-0 at Everton

Yes I know I'm just cherry picking results but the point is we've had some great wins without him and some sh*t defeats with him. He will be missed but there is no reason our results will drop if we bring in a decent replacement.

Good post. He is clearly a good player and has been very important for us but I think those results prove that our team is evolving and becoming less reliant on one or two exceptional players and a stronger all round team who also have the belief that they can win when the perceived best player is not in the team unlike we have been used to.

Clasie will bring us a different dimension in terms of passing and I think in terms of speed of ball movement and hopefully help our speedier front men.

#wemarchon

So is Morgan. People talk as if he is the be all and end all of our team but he really isn't. Last summer everyone was talking about how much we depend on Lambert and the team can't cope without him. We replaced Rickie and will replace Morgan.

Really? Did anyone serious actually say this. Rickie was already on his way out in January (was going to Wet Sham), he was never going to be the biggest loss last summer, in fact I would say he was the least of our losses, apart from being a talisman. If you think Morgan is easily replaceable then you are a little deluded (in my opinion). You don't easily replace players that will probably prove to be world class.

Now that Chambers, Clyne, Morgan, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and Shaw have moved to big PL sides and considering he had an inform Jay Rod, Fonte and S Davis, should Pochettino have done much better than 8th?

not when he had to play Jos Hooiveld and Danny fox in the premier league.

they were absolutely terrible in nearly every game

throw in gazzaniga who was all over the place

remember newcastle away when we lost 4-2.........spurs at home. awful defending

Really? Did anyone serious actually say this. Rickie was already on his way out in January (was going to Wet Sham), he was never going to be the biggest loss last summer, in fact I would say he was the least of our losses, apart from being a talisman. If you think Morgan is easily replaceable then you are a little deluded (in my opinion). You don't easily replace players that will probably prove to be world class.
But the point is there was loads of speculation on how we could replace Lovren, Shaw etc and we did.

It'd be interesting to see stats from last season on which players had the best points per game ratio versus when they were absent? I'm going to go with a complete guess of Mane.

not when he had to play Jos Hooiveld and Danny fox in the premier league.

they were absolutely terrible in nearly every game

throw in gazzaniga who was all over the place

remember newcastle away when we lost 4-2.........spurs at home. awful defending

But he had Boruc in goal and Lovren or Yoshida CB as options.

Now that Chambers, Clyne, Morgan, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and Shaw have moved to big PL sides and considering he had an inform Jay Rod, Fonte and S Davis, should Pochettino have done much better than 8th?

Yeah we should, big chance to win the FA Cup that year too.

But he had Boruc in goal and Lovren or Yoshida CB as options.

he did. the first 11 or 12 were very good.

outside of that, it was generally poor.

the squad was no way as good as the season just gone IMO.

we lost some stars but the squad was better to cover last season

even then, look what happened when we had to rotate the better squad. Dumped out of the cup away to a league 1 side

even so. Hooiveld and danny fox in the premier league. sweet jesus

Edited by Batman

The team we had under Pochettino was really good, but lacked options. Had we signed Forster then, and got Alderweireld and Bertrand on loan then we would've had a sound defensive line-up to cover for the main options. Shane Long would've been a good sub to Rodriguez and Lambert but only given Osvaldo was an idiot.

That was the only thing that team was missing from a successful top 6 challenger. All the rest, I think that time will make it look more and more special.

There is no way Schneiderlin needed any convincing to join Man Utd' date=' and certainly not from an 18 year old.[/quote']

A slightly thick 18 year old at that. Maybe he tried to convince him to eat at Nandos instead of all that French foreign crap he goes for.

This, everyone else has been replaceable. Morgan is the key to our team, and is one of the best players in his role in Europe (maybe the world). We may buy players but we will not be able to replace him like for like.

The graveyard is full of irreplaceable people - we will find a way forward.

The graveyard is full of irreplaceable people - we will find a way forward.

Agreed, but as an individual it is very difficult to see how he can be replaced like for like. I never said he was irreplaceable, we will probably bring in Clasie and maybe someone else, alter our system a little to suit what we have. But I think it highly unlikely that we will find someone as good as Morgan at what Morgan did and not have it affect the team. Sometimes one has to realise that we have lost a player who is so good (and will show this in the coming years) that his loss will be felt. I don't think any of the players that went last season, or Clyne or even Toby for that matter come into this category of player.

I haven't gone through the whole thread, but I remember Morgan was on my table at a Players Presentation, before he made the first team. I thought, like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, what a nice young guy he was. A class act in his politeness and modesty and I wish him well for the future. BUT....am I the only one that thinks he had one big talent and two major faults. His talent was reading a game like no one else I've seen and he demonstrated that by hitting the sweetest passes you could ever imagine. The two flaws were the regular wild tackles but by far the biggest was his total inability to hit the target when shooting. Couldn't score in Horton Heath, in my opinion...

So, not as fussed as many on here. Rather have the money...

Pleased this will be sorted quickly and we can all move on. MS had become too big for this club. I wish him well, but fear he may find playing week in and week out a thing of the past. Small fish in a big pond. Make or break time for him.

Could not agree more Andy. He will become a bench warmer just like Shaw. He may also find he does not make the French team similar to that of Shaw. Will he care? These days they are really only after the money, Clyne is proof of that.

Could not agree more Andy. He will become a bench warmer just like Shaw. He may also find he does not make the French team similar to that of Shaw. Will he care? These days they are really only after the money, Clyne is proof of that.

I think Morgan is more than good enough to be a big part of Man Us midfield. Luke Shaw is a very different personality a bit of a homebody who needs careful nurturing (by all accounts) something LVG is not exactly noted for. Morgan is far more personally driven and mentally mature with the footballing skills to match of all the players who have left over the last two seasons Morgan is the one I tip to have the best career.

Bit of a shame its not just announced rather than seeing him in Tailor photos.

I think they've got a pretty busy schedule actually. Don't they set off for Seattle at about 2pm. Medcals, paperwork, kit,suits,

stuff from home ...that's a lot to sort out in about 15 hours, time for the photies holding up the shirt (which is the wrong brand for both of them and basically Utd anyway) will come later.

dont rate him much then

Pleased this will be sorted quickly and we can all move on. MS had become too big for this club. I wish him well, but fear he may find playing week in and week out a thing of the past. Small fish in a big pond. Make or break time for him.

I usually agree with your posts Andy but not on this occasion. Morgan will thrive at Man U, just what they needed and Carrick and co will be reduced to League Cup duty. Barring injury, I'd expect him to play 40-50 games next season, given LVG does rotate.

I usually agree with your posts Andy but not on this occasion. Morgan will thrive at Man U, just what they needed and Carrick and co will be reduced to League Cup duty. Barring injury, I'd expect him to play 40-50 games next season, given LVG does rotate.

35 will be easily enough. United will have about 55 games next season with moderate cup and CL success and the most of their players will have the Euro as well because it's basically an all European club 2 Argies and Valencia apart. Can't see national team coaches being keen on their players having much more than 32-36 club games next season.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Will be very surprised if Morgan becomes a bench warmer at United. Schweinsteiger is relatively short term and will not be available, week in week out. Morgan will more likely become the central pillar the midfield is built around. Comparing him with Shaw is just silly. As they say, you don't know what you've got till its gone.

Hope you're right but wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan behind Carrick in the pecking order. Manure have a strange loyalty to players, no matter how bad.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Will be very surprised if Morgan becomes a bench warmer at United. Schweinsteiger is relatively short term and will not be available, week in week out. Morgan will more likely become the central pillar the midfield is built around. Comparing him with Shaw is just silly. As they say, you don't know what you've got till its gone.

All depends how he gets on in his first few games. LVG doesnt seem to do patience very well and as has been said there will be plenty ready to jump into his shoes if he doesnt perform......not all players handle the Man Utd pressure well, although I think Morgan will be ok. I dont care either way now hes gone, I dont wish him bad but Im not going to fall over myself to praise him either. I have become too cynical with the modern player to be honest.

I'm guessing you watch your football on YouTube, not at St. Mary's. Morgan is the worst shooter I have ever seen in a Saints shirt, which his 15 goals in 7 seasons with Saints confirms.

Was just a tongue-in-check riposte to your "total inability to hit the target when shooting." observation sir. Maybe I took you too literally.... ;)

In all seriousness, I concur that he wasn't a prolific goalscorer.