Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

When Schneiderlin was on the pitch we scored 0.93 goals more than we conceded. When Yoshida was, we scored the same number as we conceded (in a team with a massive positive goal difference). He will be a MASSIVE loss (as will Alderweireld) and we've got our work cut out to come close to replacing him.

I've no idea what Yoshi has to do with this. I'm simply pointing out that we have at times been crap with Morgan in the team and excellent without him. 1/4 of our games last season no less. I'm not doubting he is an excellent player and a massive loss, I just think we can be as good without him if we bring in the right replacements.

No doubt every poor performance next season will be followed by, "we really miss Morgan."

Also, every clean sheet wins you on average 2.5 points, every goal scored is worth less than half that. Why would we become less defensive when it was being defensive that was the core to our points-taking last season?

I've no idea what this one is about. When did I say we should become less defensive? :?

We've only sold two players this summer; Clyne and Schneiderlin. We've already replaced Clyne with Cedric and it looks like Clasie will soon be Schnederlin's replacement. Then we need to fill the gap left by Alderweireld.

Coming from someone who talked last season as if Toby was ours, that's rich.

When Schneiderlin was on the pitch we scored 0.93 goals more than we conceded. When Yoshida was, we scored the same number as we conceded (in a team with a massive positive goal difference). He will be a MASSIVE loss (as will Alderweireld) and we've got our work cut out to come close to replacing him.

Well yeah but that's partly because we had no decent cover. Don't know what the stats are but we seemed perfectly fine when we had Wanyama and Cork playing the year before. It's similar to everyone making out how amazing Forster is because we've leaked more goals since he's been injured, whereas it's just because the alternatives are w#nk. Schneiderlin's better then Lallana but Lallana will continue to be our biggest loss imo.

I feel sad.

Did we ever have a proper song for him? That's why he left.

His name sung to Brown Girl In The Ring was it. Maybe it was the actual song which annoyed him rather than the lack of it.

We need to sort something decent for Mane soon or he'll be off in January.

Morgan was one of my favourite Saints players. I always thought he was class and I always felt a bit more comfortable watching them when he was in the team (unlike the joey who sits behind me who always complained that he only ever passed sideways or backwards and would "never make it"). It pains me to see him in a Utd shirt but I wish him all the very best.

Morgan passed that ball into the net, which I always hoped he would do when he had a goal scoring opportunity. When he needed to get his laces through it, he would lay the ball off or blaze the shot wide. Unsurprisingly, they didn't make YouTube, but are still seared in my mind. I would rather have £25M to spend, than a want away show pony, with a kick like a donkey, when presented with the goal to shoot at....

I agree he can't shoot from distance well at all but in his position he is still one of the best in the league, maybe in the top 10 in Europe. His attributes are perfect for his postion bar maybe his long range shooting ability. At defending, intercepting, reading the game, tackling and even finishing in the box all top, top class. Also his positioning, passing and the way he can dictate the tempo of the game are superb, up there with the best. "Triffic player" as Saggy Chops would say

I'm seriously considering putting a few quid on Man U to win the EPL and possibly even The Champions League now.

I rate Morgan that highly and believe that with the two SCH's in front of any defence very few will score many against them.

Surprised at how positive a response people on here are giving him - especially considering the paddy he threw last season which has ultimately led to this (and reduced his value too imo). Personally, I am gutted he is going and particularly wish he wasn't going to Manure. Last season they were dire and extremely lucky to finish where they did - in my opinion we could and should have finished above them and I think only a huge dollop of luck and some poor refereeing led to them finishing above us. Of the top four clubs they were the team that we had most chance of finishing above, but I fear that having got so close this season, we will not now get another chance like it for a very long time.

Also in relation to the response to Morgan leaving, I don't quite understand how people can have been so hateful to Lallana, yet so positive to Morgan. Both have contributed massively to our rise and both went about getting a move last summer in the wrong way. The fact that Morgan didn't manage to get that move doesn't change that.

Similarly, a lot of hate has been aimed at Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, Clyne and Toby for leaving, yet all of them except Toby and Clyne have gone to clubs who were in the Champions League at the time they moved to them (Liverpool may not have lasted long in the competition, but let's not forget that they actually finished second in 2014 and competed in that competition last season).

Personally, I am very grateful for all that these players have done for us, hope that they can get established in the first teams of their respective clubs (and ultimately get a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona with a large sell-on fe coming to Saints as a result!), but beyond that my only wish for every single one of them is that they and their clubs will finish behind Saints in the EPL table!

Seriously? Lallana was captain, he kissed the badge countless times, signed a new contract and said he wants to be here for life then clearly acts out of order to get his move to Liverpool and in his interview with Liverpool says that when he played them he wished he could play for them. If Gerrard went to Chelsea when they wanted him would Liverpool fans love him and give him a good reception? Of course not. Where as they might give Suarez one as he is a fantastic player who was to good for Liverpool and didnt have any ties to like the club just like Morgan doesn't to us.

People will say Lallana went to a bigger club blah blah blah, but to Liverpool he's just another player most of their fans don't want him in the starting line up next season as its all about the new big name signing Firmino, here Lallana would of been an absolute legend and he threw that away for the money. I really struggle to be grateful to any footballers these days after they leave footballs changed there's no loyalty anymore I doubt we will ever see a player like pahars genuinely start crying as he says good bye to the club again. Lovren, Chambers, Lallana and Clyne all smelt the money and couldn't get out of here fast enough to me those 4 are the worst along with Toby (who basically just screwed us over). Shaw is different as the price was insane and I think the club were happy to let him go. Lambert obviously didn't care much about his career and just wanted to play at his boyhood club fair enough. And Morgan is the best player out the whole list by far and I think he will actually start at Man Utd a lot so for him it actually is about progressing his career also his tweet last year was about us saying he could move but then selling everyone else and deciding actually we aren't gunna sell you as we've sold too many players.

Top post Mike :toppa:

Morgan scores 5 mins into his debut in a friendly

MOTM it seems. manc fans on thier forums have finally woken up to the fact they have got an utter super star for a bargain fee of 25 million. perfect midfield performance on his debut apparently. we are sure going to miss him :(

MOTM it seems. manc fans on thier forums have finally woken up to the fact they have got an utter super star for a bargain fee of 25 million. perfect midfield performance on his debut apparently. we are sure going to miss him :(

Well to be fair he only played half of the game, LvG changed the whole side at half time and Utd were less dominant afterwards. Saw a replay on Be In sports this morning..

you know thats ****** so why bother saying it?

There is an element of truth to it though. We all know Morgan is a far better player than Gaston but a friendly against Club America wont be the toughest game of his life.

It's certainly too early to be calling him a bargain, after all we did get £25m for him. Some people talk as if it's loose change but players like Nasri, Fellaini, Bony, David Silva, Adebayor, Oscar and Lukaku have gone for a similar figures recently.

you know thats ****** so why bother saying it?

Not really. On planet earth £25m footballers do not justify their worth to their new team after 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly against sub-par opposition.

Not really. On planet earth £25m footballers do not justify their worth to their new team after 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly against sub-par opposition.
true, how many players have been called superstars and then not made it over the years. We know MS is a star but he hasnt really been tested in the spotlight of the massive club Man U are.

true, how many players have been called superstars and then not made it over the years. We know MS is a star but he hasnt really been tested in the spotlight of the massive club Man U are.

It's not really that much of a step up any more though is it. Almost a sideways move.

It's not really that much of a step up any more though is it. Almost a sideways move.

In nine months time he could be playing an FA Cup semi final, a Champions League quarter final and be involved in matches to keep United in the title race.

That's a step up.

• 7 months later...