Who is going down?

Saint Charlie

I can't understand Swansea selling/may sell some of their good players to relegation rivals.

No, nor can I. We have been told by those ITK that Shelvey is a **** of the biggest order, so maybe it was affecting the dressing room so best option was to get rid of.

Also can't understand why they said they'll stick with Alan Curtis for the rest of the season, yet have just appointed a new head coach to work alongside him. (quite clearly the new guy is the new manager).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35339215

I've always admired Swansea, I see them in the same way as ourselves in trying to do things, but they've dropped some uncharacteristic clangers this season.

Villa, Norwich, West Brom.

WBA were terrible on Saturday but they won't be among the three worst, plus points in the bank (if they win three more games, Swansea need to win six) plus the reliable old Pulis factor.

If he suddenly strops out like he did at Palace then yeah, maybe, but can't see that.

Villa are down as it stands but after Leicester last season, I won't count anybody out until it's mathematically certain. Would love for Sunderland to go down, they don't add much to the league and have only survived for this long by virtue of other teams in the league being appalling (see: QPR, Burnley, Cardiff, etc.). I doubt they would be looking at an instant return to the PL (EFL?) if they go down either; more likely they'd do a Fulham and settle down in the Championship midtable.

WBA would not be missed either but I can't see it happening.

Swansea are looking likely and I would be all for it if it meant Sigurdsson was available!

Just shows pretty much anyone in the PL apart from the usual established big 6 could be relegated following a few bad decisions and a poor transfer window.

They wouldn't have imagined this ar the start of the season when Gomis and Ayew were on fire and Monk flavour of the month.

They haven't gone yet. And Chelsea haven't survived

Also can't understand why they said they'll stick with Alan Curtis for the rest of the season, yet have just appointed a new head coach to work alongside him. (quite clearly the new guy is the new manager).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35339215

I've always admired Swansea, I see them in the same way as ourselves in trying to do things, but they've dropped some uncharacteristic clangers this season.

would be huge result if Swansea now stayed up.

just odd

Some time ago, I said that we would finish above Leicester, which I guess meant we would finish above Watford and Palace. I think that we still could, but only just, or is that being ridiculously optimistic while not giving Leicester enough credit? I feel, like we did and so many clubs our size do, that they have hit a sticky patch. The big clubs like City can replace someone not firing on all cylinders with someone equally capable, but Leicester can't replace Vardy with someone who is going to score the same amount of goals.

As for going down....

Villa and then 2 from Swansea, Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland. Think Swansea are going really tits up at the moment and then I would say given the NE spending power and manager in Fat Sam, that it would be Norwich.

More likely to get relegated than finish above Leciester

If this could be the season we finally get rid of Sunderland and Aston Villa that would be great. They've contributed nothing to this league for far too long.

I don't know. It's nice having teams we can score a lot of goals against.

I think Bournemouth are in greater danger than people might realise.)

Oh, and they have a pretty grim finish to the season:

19 Mar Tottenham Bournemouth

2 Apr Bournemouth Manchester C.

9 Apr Aston Villa Bournemouth

16 Apr Bournemouth Liverpool

23 Apr Bournemouth Chelsea

30 Apr Everton Bournemouth

7 May Bournemouth West Bromwich

15 May Manchester U. Bournemouth

They're available at 9/2 if anyone fancies a punt.

Just put £111.12p on Bompey @ 8/1 Bet365

Price is too good to ignore considering Norwich only one point behind them are 7/4

That run in is horrific. I guess the next 2 will be the key: If they lose away to Sund and away to Palace they will be right in it.

Watford is a brave call Trousers! They have turned a bit rubbish, but I think they've got too many points on the board already. They probably only need another 2 wins and a few draws.

I think Norwich will go, ditto Villa....third spot for me will be between Bournemouth and Sunderland.

Price is too good to ignore considering Norwich only one point behind them are 7/4

That run in is horrific. I guess the next 2 will be the key: If they lose away to Sund and away to Palace they will be right in it.

'That run' - we are just over halfway so Norwich will have to play same sides at some point and don't have a goal scorer although never know Naismith maybe fire some life into them.

Villa , Swansea and Watford (and yes - that was what I thought before seeing Trousers post!). Watford seem to think they can play football all of a sudden. They need to go back to lumping it up to Deeney and Ighalo but I fear their Manager will be stubborn.

Can't see Watford going down myself, they've probably got too many points on the board already to make them serious relegation candidates. As an african/ south american majority side you'd probably expect them to have a rough patch when it's a bit parky

but they'll probably get the 3 wins and couple of draws which is all they need.

villa, sunderland, swans (or if not swans, bournemouth)

tempted to jump to my usual conclusion: villa / swans will buy a couple jan transfers in and go on a run as they are 'bigger teams' and big sam will keep sunderland up

but based on what I've seen of those 3 teams this season even last few weeks, they look like they think they're going down.

would be crazy if 3 newly promoted stay up all 3 seem to be doing alright and getting necessary wins. plus, watford have pantillimon, norwich now have naismith both of which are cracking buys mid-season that will lift the team.

newcastle will almost certainly avoid drop with the amount they're investing in club. ashley realises it's christmas in money terms if he keeps them in at least until next season. then even if they are relegated 16/17 they still get something like 120m even when in championship.

Edited by eddie

18. Swansea

19. Sunderland

20. Villa

Yep these three for me. Villa are down. There's no way back. They've only won once or something so they don't have the team to suddenly win another nine or ten games. Makes their point against us even more galling. Sunderland are a nothing team and surely even with Sam they will be stood on the trap door this year. They have perked up a little but I think Newcastle and Norwich have the ability to get more points.

Swansea seem in freefall. They don't score goals so that is a real problem and losing is a habit.

Having said that there is the old adage that one team loses form and drops like a stone at the wrong time. It could be Norwich, Bournemouth or even Newcastle. That could happen but that might be myth rather than based on statistics.

The reason I'm on Bournemouth is cos of the parallels to Blackpool in 2011.

1 Nice little club with small ground punching above their weight in the Prem

2 Play attractive football - Have crazy, entertaining games where they score lots but conceed lots.

3 Most neutrals like them and would like to see them stay up

Hopefully ending in:

4 A brave, but ultimately doomed attempt to get something at Old Trafford on the final day after a horrible run has plunged them into trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

Update from me seeing as this got bumped.

Following Bompeys win @ Palace, I was crying as they went 7 points clear and drifted out to 10/1 and my Dad persuaded me to cash out for £90.92

(I couldn't believe that - I thought they would give me BFH)

However the next day when I checked they had gone even further to 16/1 and I realised I could reinvest £58 to win the same £1K.

So after consecutive home defeats to Ars and Stoke they are now into 7s and the bookies are offering me a cashout of £78.

I reckon I got them scared.

In my calculations I'd given them the 3 pts v Stoke as well.

The question is if Norwich have enough about them. They just chucked away 5pts from leading positions in the last 2 home games, also have

a horrible last few and have already played Bompey x2.

If this could be the season we finally get rid of Sunderland and Aston Villa that would be great. They've contributed nothing to this league for far too long.

What apart from giving us some of our biggest wins (and a load of points) since our return to the PL :D. Personally I have no problem the likes of Sunderland and villa propping up the table season after season with clueless owners makes life easier for a team like ours.

Bournemouth in real danger of going down now, few weeks ago I thought they were almost safe, but they're straight back into the fight after losing at home this weekend. Their fixtures are pretty horrendous...Swansea/Villa/WBA/Newcastle games are huge for them.

February 27: Watford (A)

March 1: Southampton (H)

March 5: Newcastle United (A)

March 12: Swansea City (H)

March 19: Tottenham Hotspur (A)

April 2: Manchester City (H)

April 9: Aston Villa (A)

April 16: Liverpool (H)

April 23: Chelsea (H)

April 30: Everton (A)

May 7: West Bromwich Albion (H)

May 15: Manchester United (A)

Bournemouth in real danger of going down now, few weeks ago I thought they were almost safe, but they're straight back into the fight after losing at home this weekend. Their fixtures are pretty horrendous...Swansea/Villa/WBA/Newcastle games are huge for them.

Not that bad. Liverpool Chelsea and Everton will have nothing to play for by April! :)

I seem to recall when we were in relegation battles at the end of the season that it didn't matter who we played.

I agree completely, but funnily enough, the bookies still really, really don't think so though, Bompey are available at 8/1 if you fancy a punt (check oddschecker).