Swansea vs Saints Build Up

trousers

Will be my first trip to Swansea on Saturday. Driving there. Any advice/recommendations on best place(s) to park in Swansea? Doesn't have to be mega close to the stadium. Anywhere within 30 minutes walk will be fine. Cheers

Car parking at the stadium is for permit holders only and most of the immediate residential areas around the stadium now have 'residents only' parking schemes in place. However away mini buses and coaches can park behind the North Stand in a fenced compound, at a cost of £20 per coach and £10 per minibus. Don't be tempted to park on the nearby Retail Park as you may well end up with a ticket, or worse still, clamped for your trouble!

Away Fans Park & Ride Facility

Away supporters are being encouraged to use the Park & Ride facility located at the Felindre old steel works site, which is signposted off Junction 46, shortly after leaving the M4. The cost of parking there including transport by bus to and from the stadium is £6 per car. Away supporters have their own separate buses to and from the stadium, with the buses waiting outside the away stand at the end of the game to take supporters back to the car park. Simon Wright a visiting West Bromwich Albion fan adds; 'The park and ride is located in the middle of nowhere, but curiously has a high fence. Apparently the facility is also used as a park and ride for the DVLA so the fencing may be for the benefit of their staff. There are toilets on the site although they do look rather ancient. All the staff were friendly and the buses frequent. After the game has ended, the park and ride buses leave the compound with the away coaches for fairly obvious reasons. In my case, this meant a wait of around 20 minutes'.

There is also some street parking to be had. If coming from the M4, you pass the stadium on your left and continue straight on towards Swansea, then after going under a bridge, then there are a number of roads on the right, where on street parking is available. It is then around a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium. However, please note that after the game has ended the Police close the A4067 road running past the stadium, meaning that you can't go back up to the M4 that way. You need to instead go back up to the stadium and where the road is closed turn right at the roundabout onto the A4217. At the next roundabout turn left continuing away from Swansea City Centre. At the junction with the A48 turn right and this takes you up to Junction 44 of the M4.

Andrew Bartlett a visiting Southampton fan adds; 'I intended to use the park and ride and followed the signs but found the site to be desolate wasteland with flooded potholes, not very inviting at all. Instead I drove on to the stadium and despite the dire warnings found free on street parking only a few minute's walk away and almost traffic free after the match. The level of security and large Police presence was completely unnecessary for such a low key game'.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/liberty-stadium-swansea-city.html#adirections-and-car-parking

Will be my first trip to Swansea on Saturday. Driving there. Any advice/recommendations on best place(s) to park in Swansea? Doesn't have to be mega close to the stadium. Anywhere within 30 minutes walk will be fine. Cheers

Try St Thomas area and then walk up the road 'A4217' which follows the river - about 20min - handy for avoiding the city centre as well

I would suggest getting off the M4 at J44 onto the A48 and then taking a left at the bottom of the hill onto the A4217. Then take a right at the roundabout by Tesco and a left at the following roundabout This takes you onto Phoenix Way which is a light industrial estate. You could park anywhere there, but I would suggest parking in the Wyevale garden centre. The stadium is a 10 minute walk from there along Siemens Way and Nantong Way - when you get to the Supermarket on your right cut across to the stadium through the mini Mall area.

I would recommend getting off M4 at travel south to Siemens Way. There is a Virgin Media call centre on the industrial estate and various car parks available for about £5. Park in one of these and there is a footbridge over the River Tawe walk along the river path - past the new training ground and you will see the stadium. You also arrive at the away end so no problems say 10 minute walk. If you want a pre match pint try Frankie and Bennies and there is a "beer tent" usually next to F and B's where services is quite quick. Although choice of drinks is limited.

Getting back you will get back on M4 relatively quickly using the reverse route. Hope this helps.

Against West Ham we didn't really hit our level what we need to be successful but the spirit and organisation was very good.

If we can play a better final pass then we can complain Swansea. I think Steven Davis is a must start and would prefer Targett in for Maya but either way we will have a lineup that is good enough to win if we play on our level.

can't call this.

tempted to go with us for a win since we're on form and couple good'uns coming back

however, swans also got some new faces in and a new manager. could easily win.

it'll all come down to sigurdsson. Watched the highlights from their game against palace at the wkend - he was their stand out player. if we can contain him then the game is ours.

Thanks again for all the tips guys. Much obliged.

I'd also recommend using the M48 toll on the old Severn Bridge instead of the M4 one over the Second Severn Crossing, the M4 tolls have got stupidly slow recently since they went to all-manned booths instead of coin-bins and there's usually a queue of about 10 car lengths for each booth now, whilst no-one other than the residents of Chepstow, Usk and Monmouth tend to use the old crossing and it's relatively quick. Although there are far fewer tolls and you might get diverted down to the roundabout before it to thin out the traffic, the queues are usually shorter.

Also, be aware that they have very recently switched on the speed cameras on the gantries all the way through Newport on the M4 and I'm fairly sure they'll be keen to rake in as much money as possible. Personally I'd take the Southern Distributor Road around/through Newport rather than the M4 through the Tunnels as well, but that's because I know where I'm going. M4 through Newport is always a bottleneck but will probably be ok on a Saturday morning/lunchtime.

I'd also recommend using the M48 toll on the old Severn Bridge instead of the M4 one over the Second Severn Crossing, the M4 tolls have got stupidly slow recently since they went to all-manned booths instead of coin-bins and there's usually a queue of about 10 car lengths for each booth now, whilst no-one other than the residents of Chepstow, Usk and Monmouth tend to use the old crossing and it's relatively quick. Although there are far fewer tolls and you might get diverted down to the roundabout before it to thin out the traffic, the queues are usually shorter.

Also, be aware that they have very recently switched on the speed cameras on the gantries all the way through Newport on the M4 and I'm fairly sure they'll be keen to rake in as much money as possible. Personally I'd take the Southern Distributor Road around/through Newport rather than the M4 through the Tunnels as well, but that's because I know where I'm going. M4 through Newport is always a bottleneck but will probably be ok on a Saturday morning/lunchtime.

Even with a Rugby International?

Even with a Rugby International?

Good point. I'm on the train but avoiding changing in Cardiff as they'll just be coming out of the Millennium. Cardiff station will be a nightmare.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Not forgetting the almost daily crashes we've been having along the M4 of late

Koeman's press conference bits and bobs on the Saints twitter account says he expects a "higher level" of performance from him an I guess he can't do that unless he plays so he's starting with Long I presume.

How on Earth can RK justify Pelle starting in this game! We were poor when he was last in the team prior to his injury, we have been excellent while he was out and poor again in terms of play last week when Pelle started and contributed the sum total of zero!

Why would you include him this weekend - defies logic....

How on Earth can RK justify Pelle starting in this game! We were poor when he was last in the team prior to his injury, we have been excellent while he was out and poor again in terms of play last week when Pelle started and contributed the sum total of zero!

Why would you include him this weekend - defies logic....

Agreed, but Pelle somehow still seems above Austin and Long in the pecking order.

Really don't want to see him start

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not forgetting the almost daily crashes we've been having along the M4 of late

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me either with the hills from Coldra to St Julians and from High Cross to Malpas Road both channelling quickly-moving traffic towards stationary traffic, nearly wiped out into the back of an immobile queue coming from High Cross myself ages ago, stamped on the brakes and went five car lengths down the hard shoulder. :o

It's going to be an absolute nightmare then. Only realised that was on this afternoon when I saw Newport County are kicking off at 1pm.

The Wales v Scotland rugby match kicks off at 16:50 in Cardiff, so there won't be a clash with Swansea vs Saints football traffic, surely? Indeed, I would suggest that the rugby kick-off time is ideal given that it's too late in the day to affect Saints fans travelling to Wales late morning/early afternoon, and too early to affect Saints fans returning home?

Think it's about time we dropped Mané and see what impact he can have off the bench. He's coasted on average performances for too long. Austin should start in place Pelle to give us more up front. Davis always starts if fit IMO:

-------------------- Forster ------------------

----------- Fonte - Van Dijk - Bertrand -----

Cedric ----- Romeu ----- Clasie ----- Targett

------------------Davis -------------------------

--------- Austin --------- Long ----------------

Although wouldn't be surprised to see Yoshida in place of Targett with Bertrand shifting to LWB.

Hmmm....where does he play? I saw he's been training with the first team. Barely heard anything about him either..!

u18 defender who stepped up to u21s and is apparently quite decent. quick look on saintsfc tells me he can play in front of back 4 also.

Hmmm....where does he play? I saw he's been training with the first team. Barely heard anything about him either..!

Centre half. He's come out of nowhere this season for the U21's much like Will Wood did in the same position last season.

Right now we have a lot of young talent in that position (Stephens, Turnbull, McCarthy, Wood, Jones).

Centre half. He's come out of nowhere this season for the U21's much like Will Wood did in the same position last season.

Right now we have a lot of young talent in that position (Stephens, Turnbull, McCarthy, Wood, Jones).

Would be excellent if one of them came through....a position we've never had much luck bringing through a youngster - difficult to bed them in there.

Would be excellent if one of them came through....a position we've never had much luck bringing through a youngster - difficult to bed them in there.

Agreed but its a position that I think requires experience as a lot of it is due to the reading of the game so unless that is inherent then it takes time. Still it would suggest that if he's training with the 1st team squad that he would have that attribute.

Agreed but its a position that I think requires experience as a lot of it is due to the reading of the game so unless that is inherent then it takes time. Still it would suggest that if he's training with the 1st team squad that he would have that attribute.

Agree - look at Stones, a fabulous footballer but needs experience to really improve him - needs to know when to kick it out and when to play football, it will come in time.

Stones is really not that good ... Lots of media hype but not that much substance...

i really can't believe I'm wasting one of my three posts replying to this but I must! If you are serious, you really are in need of Spectacles. If you were joking, you forgot to write, lol.

:mcinnes: