Leicester vs Saints Build Up Thread

Dark Munster

Leicester fan here in peace.

Firstly I have really enjoyed Southamptons achievements over the last few seasons, all football fans enjoy watching the underdog punch above their weight and dishing out a few bloody noses to the aristocrats.

A couple of seasons ago as I recall you had a fantastic 3/4 of a season and looked like you could win the thing - as per above all real fans of the game were disappointed you didn't and this season isn't it a case of time catching up with you in terms of selling your best players for a couple of seasons and not replacing the with the same quality or better?

Anyway to the game at our gaff. A tough one to call in my opinion as your comeback against Liverpool should certainly have put a spring in your step and that added to the carrot of a European place makes this a tricky fixture for us.

I have been a city fan for 41 years and never seen anything remotely like it before - I doubt I will again to be honest. You know what though whether we win it or not oh have I enjoyed the ride.

We've tightened up a bit of late and this is at least partly due to teams showing us more respect and sitting deeper and not wishing to push too many players forward which has given us the gaps to counter attack.

Anyhow I've taken up enough of your forum now and so bid you farewell and good luck for the rest of the season (bar Sunday of course)...

Firstly I have really enjoyed Southamptons achievements over the last few seasons, all football fans enjoy watching the underdog punch above their weight and dishing out a few bloody noses to the aristocrats.

A couple of seasons ago as I recall you had a fantastic 3/4 of a season and looked like you could win the thing - as per above all real fans of the game were disappointed you didn't and this season isn't it a case of time catching up with you in terms of selling your best players for a couple of seasons and not replacing the with the same quality or better?

Anyway to the game at our gaff. A tough one to call in my opinion as your comeback against Liverpool should certainly have put a spring in your step and that added to the carrot of a European place makes this a tricky fixture for us.

I have been a city fan for 41 years and never seen anything remotely like it before - I doubt I will again to be honest. You know what though whether we win it or not oh have I enjoyed the ride.

We've tightened up a bit of late and this is at least partly due to teams showing us more respect and sitting deeper and not wishing to push too many players forward which has given us the gaps to counter attack.

Anyhow I've taken up enough of your forum now and so bid you farewell and good luck for the rest of the season (bar Sunday of course)...

Hope you win the league mate. Preferably with a loss against us but if you have to beat us to do it then I'll take that too.

Don't worry if we do beat you, we promise to do the same to Spurs.

All the very best for the rest of the season after next Sunday.

Don't worry if we do beat you, we promise to do the same to Spurs.

All the very best for the rest of the season after next Sunday.

I want us to win both games, obviously. But if we were going to win one and lose one, and could choose which one to lose it would be leicester without a moments hesitation.

As others have said, hope you [edited] win the league (assuming we're not going to do it, and we're not really in the race).

Hope we get something from your place, its probably overdue to be honest, but hope it does not impede your title challenge, the prospect of spurs winning it makes me feel sick.

Anyway, well done an exceptional season so far, title or not getting to the CL is a ttemendous achievement, and it might be enough to keep Mahrez and Kante for another season.

Edited by Badger

Thank you all for your well wishes (including the veiled ones)!

FYI if you want to see the reaction of our fans to what is going on have a peek at talkingballs which is our unofficial website if by and large sensible City fans.

No matter how the next seven games pan out we really need to try to hang on to Vardy, Kante and Mahrez. They are our engine and probably worth £150 million between them.

If you are the sort of fan who likes to concentrate on one opponents player during our game focus on Kante - he is the best midfield 'ball winner' I have seen in the Blue of LCFC, very similar to Claude Makele.

Good luck again for the rest of the season and I really hope you secure a European place for next season.

Ah, but what if every team but saints had to withdraw from the PL because of the plague? Would we be considered to be top, and win it, or bottom and be relegated? These are serious questions which need to be addressed. I can only hope that the board have planned for the possibility.

We'd be neither, assuming we didn't end up top as a result of all the 3-0 walkovers.

Hopefully we now have Mane firing, he also got 2 assists for Senegal in a 2-0 win.. so is in good form. Pelle is also in form, so hopefully we should be able to get something out of this game. It is going to be extremely tough, as Leicester have changed there game to being a tight outfit. Most Foxes fans on their forum have nothing but good words to say for the Saints and feel it's going to be a massive test for them and a very nervy game. I want us to go there and win obviously, but won't feel to aggrieved as it is great to see side like themselves in the dream land! Anyway let's March on and you never know might get a Champs place :p

FYI if you want to see the reaction of our fans to what is going on have a peek at talkingballs which is our unofficial website if by and large sensible City fans.

No matter how the next seven games pan out we really need to try to hang on to Vardy, Kante and Mahrez. They are our engine and probably worth £150 million between them.

If you are the sort of fan who likes to concentrate on one opponents player during our game focus on Kante - he is the best midfield 'ball winner' I have seen in the Blue of LCFC, very similar to Claude Makele.

Good luck again for the rest of the season and I really hope you secure a European place for next season.

£150m...?!! Yeah, ok.

He's tweeted that he is not injured and left as a precaution. Shame - Leicester feel the same way as Mark Schwartzer between the sticks as we do about Kelvin.

Considering we put Kelvin in goal for the game at SMS, it's only fair they play Schwarzer on Sunday

That's the big test, hanging on to your best players.

Looking back, a lot of our players seem to have become unsettled when they make the England squad. Steve Williams, Mark Wright, Danny Wallace, Lallana, Clyne etc. Probably players from the "big" clubs whispering in their ear about how much money they're getting. You're bound to get some tapping up from the richer clubs and it's difficult to keep a player if he wants to go. The fact that you'll most probably be in the Champions League should help but it may come down to wages.

I'll take a point on Sunday if it stops Spurs from winning the league.

My first trip to leicester, wheres best to get a beer before game? Will have 1 under 18 with us so family friendly pubs please. Also, is it true they don't sell beer in the ground?

Pub called the Counting House in a retail park reasonably near the ground is popular with Saints fans, and I'm pretty sure they served beer in the ground last year, though I was trollied already by then so can't guarantee it.

Okay £100-£150 million, is that better?

Vardy has been touted at ~£30 million.

Kante at ~£40 million.

Mahrez rumoured at ~£50million.

At age 29 with only one outstanding season, Vardy is not going to sell for 30 million. Kante is only a year younger than Schneiderlin and we only got 25 million for him last year. However, there are three more years on his contract so you probably could get something more--especially with the new TV contract inflating player values. For that reason, you might be undervaluing Mahrez if the big clubs decide he is this year's Sterling (but Sterling was much younger) and go crazy for him especially since he also signed a four year contract last summer.

At age 29 with only one outstanding season, Vardy is not going to sell for 30 million. Kante is only a year younger than Schneiderlin and we only got 25 million for him last year. However, there are three more years on his contract so you probably could get something more--especially with the new TV contract inflating player values. For that reason, you might be undervaluing Mahrez if the big clubs decide he is this year's Sterling (but Sterling was much younger) and go crazy for him especially since he also signed a four year contract last summer.

You may have a point regarding Vardy and Kante although it was reported we had a bid for £30 million for Vardy -which we rejected (allegedly).

Kante has been strongly rumoured and linked to both Chelsea (Makelele mould) and Arsenal so who can tell if this is accurate or indeed the value?

Mahrez again strongly linked to Barcelona and Real Madrid (he is a Barca fan - pictures of him in the Barca kit are doing the rounds) so the £50 million is a punt, who knows what he could realise? What I think is certain is that we could fend off bids from Chelsea and Arsenal but would find it impossible to do so if Barca or Madrid came knocking at the door.

I would hope the lure of potential Champions League football would be enough to keep them all but in the real world I feel we will lose at least one of them in Mahrez.

You may have a point regarding Vardy and Kante although it was reported we had a bid for £30 million for Vardy -which we rejected (allegedly).

Kante has been strongly rumoured and linked to both Chelsea (Makelele mould) and Arsenal so who can tell if this is accurate or indeed the value?

Mahrez again strongly linked to Barcelona and Real Madrid (he is a Barca fan - pictures of him in the Barca kit are doing the rounds) so the £50 million is a punt, who knows what he could realise? What I think is certain is that we could fend off bids from Chelsea and Arsenal but would find it impossible to do so if Barca or Madrid came knocking at the door.

I would hope the lure of potential Champions League football would be enough to keep them all but in the real world I feel we will lose at least one of them in Mahrez.

i would imagine the lure of the lucre is more likely to take your players away from you. you may indeed keep them for another year but in reality teams like us are thier to be raped by the bigger clubs.For this reason i would like you to win the league and give them a bloody nose. (after a heavy fefeat at the weekend of course :) )

My first trip to leicester, wheres best to get a beer before game? Will have 1 under 18 with us so family friendly pubs please. Also, is it true they don't sell beer in the ground?[/QUOTE]

We definitely have no beer on sale in the ground, scarves and replica shirts are frowned on, and make sure you don’t jump up and down and shout

My first trip to leicester, wheres best to get a beer before game? Will have 1 under 18 with us so family friendly pubs please. Also, is it true they don't sell beer in the ground?[/QUOTE]

We definitely have no beer on sale in the ground, scarves and replica shirts are frowned on, and make sure you don’t jump up and down and shout

...or use those f'kin annoying clappy things...