Leicester vs Saints Build Up Thread

Dark Munster

2-1 loss for this one - I think Leicester are the type of side we don't like playing.

AKA better than us :-)

In all seriousness I think we have a punchers chance, like we do in all games. However, Leicester are the best team in the league and should expect to swat aside the team in 7th place.

If it is a loss for Saints I won't lose too much sleep over this one.

Not sure where he'd fit in if Austin is also back from fitness and Pelle, Tadic, Mane and Long are available.

Possibly a team of; FF, Cedric, Fonte, Virgil, Bertrand, Wanyama, Romeu, Mané, Davis, Long, Pelle

Subs; SKD, Yoshi, JWP, Clasie, Tadic, Austin, J Rod

I'd start up front with Pelle and Rodriguez.......Long has played two hard games for Ireland and deserves a rest......would be good to see him as first choice change.

Some combination of a start for Mane and a later subbing on for Tadic may be enough to create good chances, the real test will be to put them in the net.

Leicester have looked so good all season, you'll wonder if they might get " title nerves " in their remaining games?

Many a title chance has been lost between Easter and the last game, as many older fans will confirm.

Result : IF we can hit top form ?...I can see us stealing all 3 points.

I'd start up front with Pelle and Rodriguez.......Long has played two hard games for Ireland and deserves a rest......would be good to see him as first choice change.

Some combination of a start for Mane and a later subbing on for Tadic may be enough to create good chances, the real test will be to put them in the net.

Leicester have looked so good all season, you'll wonder if they might get " title nerves " in their remaining games?

Many a title chance has been lost between Easter and the last game, as many older fans will confirm.

Result : IF we can hit top form ?...I can see us stealing all 3 points.

No way will Rodriguez start, might not even make the bench.

I would like to see Liverpool get at least a point on Saturday. Then I won't feel bad when we win on Sunday. Got a funny feeling that we will get three points on Sunday.

Why on earth would you want the scousers who are just behind us with games in hand to get anything out of the game.i hope they lose all there remaining games and we finish above them.

If its a bad first half will have to channel flick during the second half with the cricket…What an amazing sporting afternoon it would be if Saints and England both win?!

Will be nervy whatever happens, so will need a few beers COYS/COE!!

If its a bad first half will have to channel flick during the second half with the cricket…What an amazing sporting afternoon it would be if Saints and England both win?!

Will be nervy whatever happens, so will need a few beers COYS/COE!!

Part time supporter

Forster had a patella tendon injury but like any severity can vary. Koeman nor Martin O'Neill have seemed overly concerned so probably a minor one.

Koeman said Long is a doubt for the game. So guess that means he should be alright next week

Forster had a patella tendon injury but like any severity can vary. Koeman nor Martin O'Neill have seemed overly concerned so probably a minor one.

He wouldn't have carried on playing during the week if it had been serious. He is only a doubt for Sunday, Koeman hinted that he might still have a chance of playing, but wouldn't know until Sunday.

If there were 24 training today (includes 4 keepers) and Long wasn't that means Gardos is available, as well as Austin and JRod.

The owners are giving a free pint and free Krispy Kreme doughnut as a gesture of goodwill to all fans...

Anyone reckon the away end will get some? :?

Nope, clearly states home fans only and they have to be in the ground before 1pm. Not very friendly, decent beer too.

Only fair to take all the points back to Southampton.

Lots of optimism on here, with predictions of wins and draws. Depends which Saints side turn up - we seem to be either really good or really bad lately; and even managed both in the Liverpool game.

Would be great to win but I just can't see it, especially with Long out. Pelle against Huth and Morgan is what Leicester would prefer.

Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand Targett

Clasie Wanyama

Davis

Mane Pelle

Subs: Davis, Martina, JWP, Romeu, Tadic, Jrod, Austin

Will be interesting to see if Cedric starts. Some have a theory that he'll cost us extra if he plays again this season.

I do wonder if Martina is seen as the longer term prospect, but wouldn't agree.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bit of a shame that neither the Clyne nor Schneiderlin replacements have really nailed their places by April!

The summer just gone was saved from being a disaster by VvD

we really need to be miles better in the market this time round.

we need to sign players who are good enough to start from the off or only need a couple of games to get up to speed. not a whole season

Edited by Batman

Will be interesting to see if Cedric starts. Some have a theory that he'll cost us extra if he plays again this season.

Theory is bunkum. If contract on internet is genuine (and it appears to be) the next payment cannot be triggered this season. Only Premier League starts count.

Theory is bunkum. If contract on internet is genuine (and it appears to be) the next payment cannot be triggered this season. Only Premier League starts count.

Thanks for that. But still means Martina has been preferred recently.

I do wonder if Martina is seen as the longer term prospect, but wouldn't agree?

long term?...well he cost just £1 million, was only signed for 2 years? So it isn't a deal that would break the bank - even if he doesn't plays regularly.

Just because he's that age (25) and cost a low transfer fee, it doesn't follow that he's "sub-standard" to others in the squad. If he succeeds, we can extend his contract.

With his background every Prem. game must seem like a bonus, and whilst I agree he doesn't look like an orthodox Prem. full back, I think he's worth his place.

I am just as keen to see Cedric play, but as long as Martina doesn't make "Yoshida-type" errors, that cost goals - there's no reason to drop him.

Cedric is still (comparatively) young and - in time - will become a better player ...... (wish I could think the same about £5 million Juanmi)

Of course everyone will be looking for Martina to score another "Arsenal-wonder goal" but it may never happen, but I think he's learning fast and deserves a chance.

I like his style /personality makes a pleasant change from some of the other Prem. " robotic " wing backs.

long term?...well he cost just £1 million, was only signed for 2 years? So it isn't a deal that would break the bank - even if he doesn't plays regularly.

Just because he's that age (25) and cost a low transfer fee, it doesn't follow that he's "sub-standard" to others in the squad. If he succeeds, we can extend his contract.

With his background every Prem. game must seem like a bonus, and whilst I agree he doesn't look like an orthodox Prem. full back, I think he's worth his place.

I am just as keen to see Cedric play, but as long as Martina doesn't make "Yoshida-type" errors, that cost goals - there's no reason to drop him.

Cedric is still (comparatively) young and - in time - will become a better player ...... (wish I could think the same about £5 million Juanmi)

Of course everyone will be looking for Martina to score another "Arsenal-wonder goal" but it may never happen, but I think he's learning fast and deserves a chance.

I like his style /personality makes a pleasant change from some of the other Prem. " robotic " wing backs.

Personally don't think there's much between them. Martina possibly better defensively (although Cedric improving) and Cedric more dangerous going forward.