Saints 3 Newcastle 1

Good football! And Newcastle just dreadful. Nobody marking and they have nothing going forward either.

Long is both lucky and good :p, you know you are in good form when a heavy touch ends up as an assist.

Still, when Long shot it to row Z despite having support there was no mention but everyone gets on Pelle and Tadic too easily. They both have been good despite the bias against them.

Mane hasen't done much.

I think Cuco is two steps ahead of Cedric. And why is Clasie picked ahead of Romeu?

Mane hasn't done much? He's played a part in both goals and set up Long and Tadic with clear goal opportunities.

we have to make sure Austin and Rodriguez get at least 20 mins here.

JWP on too for clasie at some point

Didn't see Austin warming up before game (although I didn't arrive til 2.45), nor during 1st half when Long went down & not now at half time. Injured during the early part of the warm up, maybe? Don't sit near enough to the bench to see if he's there...

Benitez must be regretting his decision to go to Newcastle. Nothing he can do if the players care as little as the shower he has to work with do.

Hard to judge saints performance because Newcastle are so poor.

absolutely, I'm surprised he agreed to take the job. Taylor must be one of, if not the worst, players in the PL and Mbemba isn't much better. The others look as if they know they've no chance with a pair of CBs lke that. Nice football from Saints though.

Didn't see Austin warming up before game (although I didn't arrive til 2.45)' date=' nor during 1st half when Long went down & not now at half time. Injured during the early part of the warm up, maybe? Don't sit near enough to the bench to see if he's there...[/quote']

On Solent it was rumoured Austin was injured during the warm up......perhaps other clubs declined his services during the window knowing he was a sick note.

It was widely known something wasn't right....£4m gamble?

On Solent it was rumoured Austin was injured during the warm up......perhaps other clubs declined his services during the window knowing he was a sick note.

It was widely known something wasn't right....£4m gamble?

Precisely - and I was lambasted last week for suggesting there are questions about Austin.

we have completely lost Long's defending from the front. The ball is coming back a lot quicker now

Yep, look to shut up shop and risk getting battered. Attack is the best form of defence and Ron's gone on the defensive.