Saints 3 Newcastle 1

Leaving Vic out. Are you stupid?

I think this comes down to whether you're in the "he's going to try really hard in every game now to get a move" camp, or the "he only tries against top teams who he wants to move to" camp.

After the shockingly poor Refs over the last few games, Robert Madley has been selected for Sat.

This season :- Chelsea - win 3-1; Liverpool - league cup defeat;

Last season 6-1 win over Villa and the 2-1 away win at Newcastle

He has done one Newcastle game this season a 3-0 defeat at Sunderland where he sent off Coloccini

He was absolutely dreadful first half of our Chelsea win - I honestly thought we were getting stiched up in that one, and I've never thought there was a conspiracy before. Fortunately his one-eyedness didn't overwhelm Chelsea's absolute lack of effort.

So much he was taken off. Not a bad player but he doesn't do enough creatively for me.

He was taken off after running himself into the ground and being central to our link-up play. In wasn't coincidence that our energy and threat fell once he was subbed.

I can't understand those who constantly criticise him. He's a vital cog that makes the machine work. Maybe not spectacular but hardworking and effective.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

After the shockingly poor Refs over the last few games, Robert Madley has been selected for Sat.

This season :- Chelsea - win 3-1; Liverpool - league cup defeat;

Last season 6-1 win over Villa and the 2-1 away win at Newcastle

He has done one Newcastle game this season a 3-0 defeat at Sunderland where he sent off Coloccini

Seem to remember that Madley came in for a lot of stick after that game, and the penalty/sending off decision in particular. Hope he doesn't look to 'over compensate' Newcastle on Saturday.

with our available strike force stronger than it's been all season .....if we don't ....it'll need a major re-think before next season.

Never underestimate a wounded animal. Newcastle found a bit of spirit against Norwich in the 2nd half. If they show the same desire and Saints are slow and complacent from the start there could be a real game on.

Newcastle's defence looks shaky, and they have a third choice keeper in goal, i say go for it and let's have an entertaining end of season game. 4-2 Saints my prediction.

Last Saturday home game of the season for us, tickets sold out quickly which is impressive due to Cat B prices and the fact Newcastle sent back block 43 and 44 which have since been sold to Saints fans. They still haven't sold out, not how many will travel but looks like they'll have one of the smallest followings this season.

Newcastle's defence looks shaky, and they have a third choice keeper in goal, i say go for it and let's have an entertaining end of season game. 4-2 Saints my prediction.

Last Saturday home game of the season for us, tickets sold out quickly which is impressive due to Cat B prices and the fact Newcastle sent back block 43 and 44 which have since been sold to Saints fans. They still haven't sold out, not how many will travel but looks like they'll have one of the smallest followings this season.

I don't think the online system does us any favours on selling tickets. Both my daughters work weekends evenings all sorts, on the odd occasion we have found ourselves in a position to all go and I have gone online to get them tickets. They both like sitting lower down so search for suitable seats and where there is 3 seats available, in the vicinity of where they want to sit, I can't buy 2 seats? as the computer says it will leave 1 seat please make another selection, to get those seats you have to phone up the ticket office which is not manned at 20;45 at night. You would think first come first served would apply and just sell the seat. We have missed out a few times....... I guess there is a regularity of 3 seats being sold.

Interesting. Is there a site that shows who reffed which matches? I've often wondered what our results look like with different refs. on the whistle.

Oliver and Clattenburg especially.

I use soccerbase http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/home.sd

then select who you want.

It always make me laugh that for Clattenburg it says "England" and for the rest it gives the County FA where they are registered/live.

It's okay as according to the echo Tadic is not ruling out a move in the summer.

Who the **** does he think he is going to play for that is an upgrade on us.

He better start putting it in on Saturday then

I think he's quite sincerely saying 'never say never', rather than suggesting he's gonna go to a bigger team. It might be the club decide to sell, who knows?

It's okay as according to the echo Tadic is not ruling out a move in the summer.

Who the **** does he think he is going to play for that is an upgrade on us.

He better start putting it in on Saturday then

he will go. no where near as good as lallana and be lucky to get what we paid for him

With there rookie keeper and a shaky defence, a fast start is required with a goal or 2 to go with it, please.

Don't want one of those games where we dominate early, don't score, then they start coming into it.

Our attackers should relish this game.

He was taken off after running himself into the ground and being central to our link-up play. In wasn't coincidence that our energy and threat fell once he was subbed.

I can't understand those who constantly criticise him. He's a vital cog that makes the machine work. Maybe not spectacular but hardworking and effective.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Don't criticise him much at all. Only after this game as I think it's been long enough for him to be criticised based on what I've seen. There are times when I've praised him.

Newcastle fans don't sound very confident but when you look at some of the players in that squad they should really be doing better. I might have a couple of quid on Shelvey to score anytime, Andros Townsend often seems to do well against us as well.

They've been a bit unlucky with Krul being injured for so long but interesting to read so many want them to drop Sissoko.

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=58315.0

I think this will be tough buoyed up by the news the Newcastle UTD have increased their profit margin by £13.7 million this season the traveling toon fans will no doubt be very happy and roar their team on to victory knowing they've helped Mike Ashely earn some more money :lol:

Davis was one of our better players yesterday, Bodge - eluded Kanté more often than not and got between the lines. Was involved in most of the link-up that led to overloads and overlaps in the final third, though our final decision/ball left a lot to be desired.

Yes. yes but Roger has said that he is rubbish so he must be!

Tadic gets a lot of critism but when he plays he often seems involved in any attacks that lead to goalscoring oppotunities. Maybe some people are writing him off to soon. I do think he is more suited for a 4-4-2 than a 5-2-1-2 system Ron seems to be preferring of late. And, as many others, a run of games would probably benefit him.

Yes. yes but Roger has said that he is rubbish so he must be!

You must have a great life to put comments like that. I don't think he's playing well at the mo. I think he should score and create more goals as a number 10. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to deal with.

Tadic gets a lot of critism but when he plays he often seems involved in any attacks that lead to goalscoring oppotunities. Maybe some people are writing him off to soon. I do think he is more suited for a 4-4-2 than a 5-2-1-2 system Ron seems to be preferring of late. And, as many others, a run of games would probably benefit him.

Agree that although he seems to have a good skillset to play behind the striker, Tadic is more at home and tends to do his best work on the wings and therefore struggles to fit the 5-2-1-2. People criticise some players for having no end product despite working hard, whereas Tadic is the opposite. While I agree that to play regularly in the PL you have to have a sense of discipline and not tracking your man is inexcusable, players who are able to create goalscoring opportunities are also invaluable. How many times do people say we need to upgrade Davis because he doesn't score or set up enough goals?!

Interesting that in the Newcastle thread, not only are people writing off Sissoko, but some (or maybe just one) are also suggesting that Wijnaldum is a 'passenger'. Funny how grabbing a few goals makes other teams (and fans) have them down as world beaters but those who watch them every week aren't so convinced. I think a similar thing was true with Ayew at Swansea - I was surprised to see so many supporters questionning why he was in the team, even though a casual observer would mark him as one of their best players. Could even be true of Tadic.

You must have a great life to put comments like that. I don't think he's playing well at the mo. I think he should score and create more goals as a number 10. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to deal with.

I may be wrong roger, but I don't think he was only referring to your comments about tadic.

Be very surprised if it is that one sided.

If we're clever we could score a hatful. Newcastle will go all out to win this game, piling forward, hopefully leaving massive gaps at the back we can exploit as long as our players have their shooting boots on.

If we're clever we could score a hatful. Newcastle will go all out to win this game, piling forward, hopefully leaving massive gaps at the back we can exploit as long as our players have their shooting boots on.

Why will they? Surely they are better off doing what Sunderland did, frustrsting the crowd, not giving us space, nicking a goal and then trying to defend it?

I don't they are going to come here and just plough forward from the off

Why will they? Surely they are better off doing what Sunderland did, frustrsting the crowd, not giving us space, nicking a goal and then trying to defend it?
Because they're 6 points from safety and getting desperate, there are less games available than when Sunderland came, sitting back and getting 0-0 will do them no good whatsoever, if they do that and we score early then it will be kamikazi stuff.

Because they're 6 points from safety and getting desperate, there are less games available than when Sunderland came, sitting back and getting 0-0 will do them no good whatsoever, if they do that and we score early then it will be kamikazi stuff.

I think you need to learn more about football if you think Newcastle are just going to whack 5 up front from the off.

They will look to win by doing things they have been getting wrong, right.

Win the 2nd ball, put better quality final balls in. Be first to a 50/50, frustrate us, quiet the crowed down etc.

We have been in enough relegation fights to know (or should do) how it works

If they sit back and then we score they will just change their game plan.

They will want to be in the game after 70mins with a chance to win. I don't seem them being overly gung ho and giving us space to play.

We have struggled against sides that sit back and lack pace in central midfield to combat counters so sure thats what they will try to do.

I know it's gonna happen anyway but it would be great (if we go 1 or 2 up early) we don't spend the whole game gloating about their predicement - it wasn't too long ago that we were in the same positon, and it's more likely to bite us in the ass then do anything positive.

I would go with this and smash 'em...

Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

Romeu Vic

Long Clasie Mane

Austin

Bench: Rodriguez on for Clasie at 75 minutes with Mane moving central.

But we won't. We will go 5 - 2 - 3 with Targett and Cedric to start so as to feed Pelle pointless crosses that they will snuff out easily.

K

I would go with this and smash 'em...

Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

Romeu Vic

Long Clasie Mane

Austin

Bench: Rodriguez on for Clasie at 75 minutes with Mane moving central.

But we won't. We will go 5 - 2 - 3 with Targett and Cedric to start so as to feed Pelle pointless crosses that they will snuff out easily.

Ok except for not sure about Clasie and three including Mane, Austin and Long. Two of three only works well. Bring Austin on later and let Pele have a long rest for the rest of the season....Errrrr and next ;-))