Arsenal v Saints match thread

Shance

Halftime - do we have a shot on goal besides the direct kick? I honestly can't remember one. Two points for me so far. First our midfield is getting run over again. Second, Redmond is a nice player but I still don't think he's a forward. He just gets lost up there, he is much better with the ball farther from goal. I would move Redmond to midfield (hopefully that improves things there), and I would rotate equally Austin, Long, and JRod. I think all three are good strikers, not great, but good. This way they all get time and are fresh. So we get actual strikers playing up front, and put Redmond back where he should be IMO.

Happy with the half, we had some good spells it is improving with each game, I'd like to see us take more shots especially Redmond and Tadic.

Yeah agree looking very nice until the goal and you can see the confidence knocked. We just need a win from somewhere and we will go on and be fine. Massive concern though is crosses both making them and defending them, seems to be our big glaring weakness at the moment, can't work out if its Forster not being commanding enough or just a lack of commitment to getting to the ball first in the area, cant remember a routine clearance from a cross into our area this season.

Redmond not looking like a striker, would like to see Long on instead. J-Rod also quiet. Nobody looking like scoring from open play first half.

Defense unusually shaky - Fonte making some odd decisions, Bertrand not closing down, allowing crosses, possibly tiring.

Gee redmond has some good close control on him, he could really be something

Do you thinks so? Redmond looks a bit one dimensional to me - a sideways runner without much penetration; J-Rod fairly quiet. Midfield and back 4 doing well (Cedric aside) but we don't carry much goal threat. Romeu, Clasie, VVD and Bertrand the picks.

Do you thinks so? Redmond looks a bit one dimensional to me - a sideways runner without much penetration; J-Rod fairly quiet. Midfield and back 4 doing well (Cedric aside) but we don't carry much goal threat. Romeu, Clasie, VVD and Bertrand the picks.

By all accounts (including the man himself) that's what Henry was until Puel got his hands on him. The potential is there, let's see what happens eh?

Finally! Life as should be! Footy on the iPad, saints web on the iPad mini, a beer, and no need to go outside for a smoke break....... I know you guys would just die if you didn't get this kind of personal news on a match thread".......... What I meant to say, is sorry for wasting space on here :(

VvD and Cech getting a bit of a roasting at HT on the stream I am watching

VVD definitely getting a roasting- committed too far forward and blamed for Koscielny's goal on mine.

I think he has been good with his pressing and winning the ball again.

Jay-Rod has been a complete passenger and Cedric has an awful delivery, my gripes so far, and I still think Tadic is best on the left.

Hoping to see Long on soon

Lots of strong takeaways. Most of all, I'd just highlight the confidence of the players in the first 15 mins. If you saw that, you'd say all the talk of diamond probs, player disquiet, etc, is utter nonsense. Davis strong this half. And great having Bertrand back. C'mon Saints. we can nick this.

Long is on the left of the diamond, Tadic and Redmond up front.

At this point, I'm starting to think that Claude is just trolling us.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So he is taking a mid and forcing him as a striker (Redmond) and a striker and making him play outside mid (Long)?