2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Before the Arsenal game, the woman in the club shop told me that the away kit is definitely yellow. She also said that the white kit is staying as a 3rd kit but couldn't say whether it was going to be made available to the public. She said 'they should do given the number of calls we had about it'.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but could the pattern on the pitch against Arsenal be a subtle nod towards the design? Maybe I'm clutching at straws, as it looks more like the candy striped shirt of the late seventies rather than the 80s thirds, but it could be... would also fit with the 'more white than red' description.

Yeah, sure, 3 pages ago.

BTW the away is yellow with navy trim.

have you seen them?

How do you know the away colours?

As always, slightly annoying Saints fans have to wait so long compared to many others.

At the moment, a new kit is about all we have to look forward to...

have you seen them?

As always, slightly annoying Saints fans have to wait so long compared to many others.

I'm sure you said that with tongue in cheek but I bet there are one or two the feel just that way! Imagine being more excited about next seasons kit than the mouth watering prospect of beating Man Utd at home. A game we would have killed for five years ago.

So what is the general thought, the Rank Xerox or Candy Stripe for home?

Rank Xerox was pretty much what was described to me. Makes sense too, especially with the new "no stripes under the numbers" rule giving us a nice wide area on the back.

Brighton's interpretation of this is uuuuuuuugleh.

brighton_hove_albion_2017_18_nike_home_kit_c.jpg

Edited by The9

have you seen them?

No, but I know a man who has. There was a video shoot for Virgin last Monday and also some people on the crew were happy to chat about what they'd seen when they let the extras in to do the crowd shoot later. It took the team 9 takes to film them coming out of the tunnel apparently. :)

We probably won't debut them in the Stoke game, IIRC you're allowed one deviation from your normal home kit a season, which many teams use to plug their new shirt at the end of the previous season - like Stoke did last weekend in their last home game. But I think the use of the Scope advert on the shirt tomorrow MIGHT use that up - not sure though, haven't read the detail of the regulations for a while.

Stoke for next season has a white patch similar to Brighton (as do Dutch club Arnham, plain black on yellow/black stripes both by Macron).

Celtic are hoops on the back, and from limited viewing of Newcastle's shirt this appears a full stripe on the reverse.

Be interesting to see how many follow the plain backs ruling.

transparent.gif

No, but I know a man who has. There was a video shoot for Virgin last Monday and also some people on the crew were happy to chat about what they'd seen when they let the extras in to do the crowd shoot later. It took the team 9 takes to film them coming out of the tunnel apparently. :)

We probably won't debut them in the Stoke game, IIRC you're allowed one deviation from your normal home kit a season, which many teams use to plug their new shirt at the end of the previous season - like Stoke did last weekend in their last home game. But I think the use of the Scope advert on the shirt tomorrow MIGHT use that up - not sure though, haven't read the detail of the regulations for a while.

Would the Poppy shirts count as a deviation? Could we go with the Scope logo on the new shirt tonight?. Don't normally give a toss about the shirt but if rumours I've heard are true I might actually like this one !

The Stoke shirt looks fine, If we had something like that and get rid of the terrible bra will be happy wont we?

In short, yes. Though there's something about Stoke's kit (for recent years at least) that I'm not a fan of. Can't quite put my finger on it - maybe the shade of red, maybe the white shorts, or the red undefined sponsor. Or perhaps it's the lack of black on the shirt. I really feel including a black trim adds an extra dimension to the design, and obviously black shorts help too.

90a2536f18a24f2898492ee3df18b7f2.jpg

Spurs using the England kit whilst playing at Wembley seems only fitting. Whatever is announced by UA, let's be glad we don't have Nike as our manufacturer, they must be THE laziest one out there, every shirt is a plain shirt with contrasting shoulders/sleeves.

Would the Poppy shirts count as a deviation? Could we go with the Scope logo on the new shirt tonight?. Don't normally give a toss about the shirt but if rumours I've heard are true I might actually like this one !

Poppy shirts don't count, just like the Spurs "The Lane" text didn't count. Apparently.

Do you want me to share it on Twitter with "NEW KIT CONFIRMED!!!!"

If you don't, some daft tit will. Surprised it didn't happen in March tbh. It will look something like that, wing collar (dunno if striped collar), mainly white broad stripe, couple of red stripes at the side, central badge (UA logo could be anywhere tbh).

I remember this from last years kit thread. Not sure if it's been posted already but has a lot of simularities (apart from the lack of collar) with what's being described here so good to visualise.

southampton_fc_20150301_1588287545.jpg

Interesting enough, I can't find a football single shirt where Under Armour have placed a badge centrally but I did find this which could suggest where the Under Armour logo could go which looks perfectly fine to me (same place as the addidas logo on the mock up)...

s-l225.jpg

12243795_1020904027931590_1456854909_n.jpg

Edited by Disco Stu

Spurs using the England kit whilst playing at Wembley seems only fitting. Whatever is announced by UA, let's be glad we don't have Nike as our manufacturer, they must be THE laziest one out there, every shirt is a plain shirt with contrasting shoulders/sleeves.

Yeah, to the shock of no-one this exact template was guessed about 2 seconds after the rumour of Spurs going to Nike was started. Brighton's new home kit is a striped version of this too.

Stoke for next season has a white patch similar to Brighton (as do Dutch club Arnham, plain black on yellow/black stripes both by Macron).

Celtic are hoops on the back, and from limited viewing of Newcastle's shirt this appears a full stripe on the reverse.

Be interesting to see how many follow the plain backs ruling.

Celtic can do what they like in the Scottish Premiership as they're not adopting the UEFA rule for domestic competition, they have different shirts for Europe anyway just like we did. The Newcastle one I suspect is because they haven't been paying attention, though I'm sure SportsDirect wouldn't be gutted to sell striped backs as they'd be more popular than plain anyway, even if the actual shirt didn't have them. I mean they sold white Saints socks that we didn't wear until December claiming them as the normal home socks in the season just gone.

Oooo. I like #3.

So there are strong rumours we are finally getting the kit we want ???

"Strong rumours" in the sense that the bloke who I know has seen it because of where he was, told me about it 20 minutes later when I saw him, and staff involved in the filming of an advert for next season were happy to discuss too. "Rank Xerox style, broad stripe is white, collar has flappy bits (wing collar), central badge" is everything I'd heard about it. I should really share the mock up with him for more details. Away kit predominantly yellow with navy trim.

Could be a very good season for replica sales.