2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

c328f1b19be566088606c3ea519ce47c.pngc0ecf5baa28982a52b56e3ddc2cedd18.png

Not sure if these have been posted on here yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for breaking the good news Wimborne! Both look superb, home provides a contemporary twist on the Patrick classic, and the black and turquoise / pacific blue (?) away number is also miles better than this year's awful effort.

I wonder when they will become official.

Historically they tend to go on sale around the first weekend of July. I only remember that because it usually coincides with the British Grand Prix and you do see the occasional F1 fan sporting our new shirt.

Home kit is an improvement on last seasons, but then again how could it possibly have been worse? I don't understand why the thin stripes around the sleave cuffs, which hark back to the 80s kit nicely are not replicated around the collar and perhaps even between the colour panels. There doesn't seem to be any continuity of design. The fussy collar doesn't seem in keeping with the simplistic sleeve cuffs for example. One of the easiest kits to get right and UA still somehow manage to do a **** design job.

The away shirt is just, well, pretty **** really. Why not replicate the home shirt, but in different colours? The two tone blue shirt of the 80s was great. Perhaps that is too boring and won't get the sales they want, but why move away from thin stripes for the home and then bring them back in strange colours for the away? No rhyme or reason. It just seems like another design bodge job with a lack of joined up thinking, although without knowing the full brief perhaps I am being too harsh on the work experience guy that gets asked to do the Saint kit each year.

Having said all that, I reiterate that it matters not what they look like as I never buy one of these overpriced sweat sacks and don't understand why grown men do.

Edited by Chez

Home kit is an improvement on last seasons, but then again how could it possibly have been worse? I don't understand why the thin stripes around the sleave cuffs, which hark back to the 80s kit nicely are not replicated around the collar and perhaps even between the colour panels. There doesn't seem to be any continuity of design. The fussy collar doesn't seem in keeping with the simplistic sleeve cuffs for example. One of the easiest kits to get right and UA still somehow manage to do a **** design job.

The away shirt is just, well, pretty **** really. Why not replicate the home shirt, but in different colours? The two tone blue shirt of the 80s was great. Perhaps that is too boring and won't get the sales they want, but why move away from thin stripes for the home and then bring them back in strange colours for the away? No rhyme or reason. It just seems like another design bodge job with a lack of joined up thinking, although without knowing the full brief perhaps I am being too harsh on the work experience guy that gets asked to do the Saint kit each year.

Having said all that, I reiterate that it matters not what they look like as I never buy one of these overpriced sweat sacks and don't understand why grown men do.

I guess it's all about opinions. If they did that with the away shirt, I can guarantee some people would be complaining that it was the same design for both kits and calling it lazy and lacking creativity.

I guess it's all about opinions. If they did that with the away shirt, I can guarantee some people would be complaining that it was the same design for both kits and calling it lazy and lacking creativity.
you are absolutely right, but not sure a black and whatever that colour is, striped shirt is terribly creative in itself. Personally I'm not looking for terribly creative, simple solid design works better for me. As you say, it's all about opinions.

2) This change of kit every year is just an excuse to extract even more large sums of money (replica shirts) from the compliant fans. It's a strange custom, if you ask me!

I remember in my teens (early 00's) that shirts used to last two seasons. Them was the days... then if memory serves, Villa did a one year kit cycle with Nike which I thought was odd and then everyone else followed suit whilst we were in the Championship.

That's what I love about Saintsweb. Best place to hear news like this first. Thank you kindly sir :)

Not so. This picture (and the away shirt) was published yesterday on Sotonians (or papsweb if you prefer).

Woooosh

To be fair, I may have over-played the subtlety card in my attempts at sarcasm :)

p.s. SOG - it was actually first posted on here the day before yesterday, albeit on a thread that wasn't obviously about the new kit.... oops, there I go again (although hopefully that was less subtle).... ;)

Out of interest, have the regs changed to have a solid(ish) panel at the back? I know UEFA had it in for their competitions, so wondering whether PL is now doing it? I understand why, as our shirts last year were a nightmare to read if you didn't know who it was - I heard a few commentators mentioning it.

Out of interest, have the regs changed to have a solid(ish) panel at the back? I know UEFA had it in for their competitions, so wondering whether PL is now doing it? I understand why, as our shirts last year were a nightmare to read if you didn't know who it was - I heard a few commentators mentioning it.

Yes.