2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Can you summarise what details you now think are correct about home and away shirts?

I showed my "source" the Patrick style mock up. He said the badge wasn't central so I shared the earlier version. He said "that's the kit". Couldn't get confirmation if the collar was striped or not but definitely a "wing collar". Not sure the back was seen in any detail so can't confirm that but seems logical it'll be white at the top for the name with some red coming in down the sides. That is speculation on my part though.

Haven't had any detail on away kit other than yellow with navy trim.

I showed my "source" the Patrick style mock up. He said the badge wasn't central so I shared the earlier version. He said "that's the kit". Couldn't get confirmation if the collar was striped or not but definitely a "wing collar". Not sure the back was seen in any detail so can't confirm that but seems logical it'll be white at the top for the name with some red coming in down the sides. That is speculation on my part though.

Haven't had any detail on away kit other than yellow with navy trim.

I assume it's one of these then?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2392&d=1488901384

attachment.php?attachmentid=2393&d=1488901516

attachment.php?attachmentid=2398&d=1489091626

I would probably say it's a striped shirt but take the middle bar out only which leaves you a thick white band like above but it's red and white stripes either side of it.

The badge/logo fits in one of the stripes as well.

The away kit sounds like the 2003 f a cup shirt.

New West Brom shirt, solid back, nice look at the new Prem name/number on shirt too.

west-bromwich-albion-17-18-home-kit.jpg

Example: Fill the middle bar in that is white to black for your template and then make it red and white (reverse) with the centre being white.

The thin pinstripes under the arm are solid instead.

I would probably say it's a striped shirt but take the middle bar out only which leaves you a thick white band like above but it's red and white stripes either side of it.

The badge/logo fits in one of the stripes as well.

The away kit sounds like the 2003 f a cup shirt.

Speculation or ITK?

The third one is the one he said 'that's the kit" to. I'm interested to know if Pilchards is speculating because I've still got some nagging doubts about whether the side bit is striped rather than solid red and someone said the main front stripe was narrower too, but I'm also fairly sure that was second hand information.

Can anybody post these images in a format that means I can see them? Or let me know how to make these ones visible? Whether on Tapatalk on my 'phone or on the forum on my laptop I only get these square icons with what appears to be a tree in them. Any help / advice gratefully received!

Can anybody post these images in a format that means I can see them? Or let me know how to make these ones visible? Whether on Tapatalk on my 'phone or on the forum on my laptop I only get these square icons with what appears to be a tree in them. Any help / advice gratefully received!

is your phone/apps updated to the latest software?

This happens to me when I view the forum without logging in.

Does anybody know if there would be any copyright issues if new kit was fundamentally the same as original Patrick kit?

As long as it doesn't have any Patrick logos or trademarks on it they'll be fine. They can't copyright a design style, especially not something as vague as "a broad stripe". There are hundreds of kits out there with a broad stripe on them made by numerous different companies already.

Bit bored, started messing around with the template and new Prem fonts to see what size the shirt back would need to be to fit the letters and numbers. Had to widen the stripe a bit, but not that much. I could also see the back being all red or all white though. And yes, Ward-Prowse is number 16, needed to use a bigger number to show they'd both fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2457&d=1496001680

Bit bored, started messing around with the template and new Prem fonts to see what size the shirt back would need to be to fit the letters and numbers. Had to widen the stripe a bit, but not that much. I could also see the back being all red or all white though. And yes, Ward-Prowse is number 16, needed to use a bigger number to show they'd both fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2457&d=1496001680

The text would almost certainly be arced.

The text would almost certainly be arced.

This is true, we've had curved text for ages, but as it's approximately 20 times more hassle to do it and some teams have straight text, I decided against. :)

The Virgin logo is far too big, though the red liniar design on white background is better. The red virgin blobs are horrible.I strongly feel that club colours should never be over-dominated by any sponsor.

The mock-ups have landed on Facebook ����

Super... it's funny this year because in March they were just "what would people like to see?" ideas, and now it turns out they're actually doing one of them pretty much as designed. They should get me in on commission or something.

2018/19 Conventional plain stripes with a red/white only shirt (white square patch on the back) and dark navy shorts, and a navy away kit.

2019/20 Candy stripes for the season after along with an amber and black away kit like in the early 70s

southampton_candywh.jpg

2020/21 we can start sodding around with the hummel Denmark retro

2021/22 Back to normal stripes - maybe a 2001 "20 years at St Mary's" homage with the thinner stripes with black pinstripes between them

2022/23 Last year of the UA deal, so what the hell, how about a Pony tick homage of disgustingness just to show how they've completely run out of ideas?

2023/24 Whoever takes over will give us a garbage old template from the year before so expect striped but below average.

2024/25 140th Anniversary St Mary's YMA quarters, or I guess the sash could make a comeback 15 years on.

Ok, that's all my ideas done... :D

Edited by The9

c328f1b19be566088606c3ea519ce47c.pngc0ecf5baa28982a52b56e3ddc2cedd18.png

Not sure if these have been posted on here yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If not real, that's some top faking.

They've gone so far as putting the sizes on the inside of the top and you can see the stitching too.

Love both of them

If not real, that's some top faking.

They've gone so far as putting the sizes on the inside of the top and you can see the stitching too.

Love both of them

Would prefer a yellow away kit but both pretty good!

The distance between the UA logo and Crest on the home kit is different to the away kit. Surely if they were legitimate, this would be consistant?

Can only assume it's due to the positioning of the white stripe on the home shirt, the logos are a bit closer together than on a normal shirt as they'd be on or too close to the black stripes otherwise

All I'm gonna say I'd that I sincerely hope that these are original ones. Simply beautiful (both of them)... Now, if that could be followed with the same beauty on the pitch as well, instead of that slumbering performance last season, everything would be perfect.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Would prefer a yellow away kit but both pretty good!

If that is the away kit (is it navy or black with ?blue) then there very well could be a third yellow away kit as it would be needed at Newcastle, West Brom, Huddersfield, and Brighton, possibly even at spurs, and of course if we need to change for a cup final.

Edited by Badger