2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Is it not Teal?

Sounds better singing that on the terraces.

I'd suggest the away colours are the same as the change strip back in the Keegan era but with a twist to keep stripes involved.

Not a shirt wearer myself but both kits look pretty good to me...if correct.

To be fair, I may have over-played the subtlety card in my attempts at sarcasm :)

p.s. SOG - it was actually first posted on here the day before yesterday, albeit on a thread that wasn't obviously about the new kit.... oops, there I go again (although hopefully that was less subtle).... ;)

:blush:

Well that can't be right, it's dated 30th May, a full day before this thread was started. :D

(There was also about half a day's worth of discussion on the long-standing kit thread before this thread was started (pics linked at 20:27 on 30th), and the Todosobrecamisetas link was put on their Facebook page at 19:48 on 30th too, but I'm not allowed to mention that this thread is completely pointless).

If that leak is close to the final kit, then I'll be buying my first home kit since we were back in the top flight (had the sash and Championship kits). Away kit not bad, like the teal in it but not so much the solid dark blue. May get that as well but priority is buying the home kit.

If that leak is close to the final kit, then I'll be buying my first home kit since we were back in the top flight (had the sash and Championship kits). Away kit not bad, like the teal in it but not so much the solid dark blue. May get that as well but priority is buying the home kit.

It IS the final kit. Not sure if away is black or navy tbh.

The link describes the away kit as 'black with green stripes'

Completely agree, this is the most Saints kit for me. Whether because I started watching footage of saints in that style, or all the clips of keegan days in that kit. Maybe when I started going stripes for many years were associated with being a bit rubbish. Also makes us look like a lot of other teams, none of whom are ever any good! Unique style that actually looks good. But i guess there'll always be a lot of people crying if it's not stripes, and the majority vote is always the most intelligent, reasonable and coherent.

Yeah, would love to see this kit as Saints own unique style as it was back in the 80's when it gave us an unmistakeable identity, which stripes can never do due to similarity with others.... HOWEVER, due to yearly kit rotation presumably next year we will have some totally different shirts and we may not see the Keegan era ones return for a long time, if ever. I hope the club will take the majority fans views on board to closely base future kits on this style of shirt so that we can develop our own unique visual identity.

My only complaint is the thin black stripes between the Red and White sections. A single black stripe or nothing would have been far better.

It's a design cue taken from the "5 lines" stuff that's outside the ground, and also appeared last season on the socks. This year it's on the bit between the red and white stripe and around the bottom of the shorts. For that reason I quite like it, though it does seem just slightly too wide.

I guess it's all about opinions. If they did that with the away shirt, I can guarantee some people would be complaining that it was the same design for both kits and calling it lazy and lacking creativity.

To be fair, this year's home shirt has the same collar as last, and this year's away shirt is last year's home shirt in a different colour without the 'bra' - the stripe pattern is exactly the same.

My only complaint is the thin black stripes between the Red and White sections. A single black stripe or nothing would have been far better.

I dunno, I think it works quite well. Collar and shoulders could be better (i.e run the white all the way up and over, maybe with some black in the collar), but when I'm picking at this sort of detail it must mean I'm pleased overall. Last season it was the other way round - trying to find little details of the shirt I DID like!

I didn't like the shirt of the Keegan/Channon period because I'#ll always prefer the traditional stripes. I'll be disappointed if the stripes are dropped again but as football clubs all treat their fans as a source from which to extract as much money as possible, a new design is almost inevitable. Whether it will be the one suggested by this thread, who knows, but having said I like stripes, I must admit I really didn't like the 2016/2017 shirt which made the players appear to be wearing a white bra over their shirts. So, for once,. I would like a shirt but I'd prefer the best of the past rather than yet another new one.

First ever post for me on Saints Web after being a silent reader for years. I started watching Saints when they had this style shirt so I'm a big big fan, like the away as well.

I don't get to a lot of games as I Live in NZ, but lived in the UK for two years ages ago. First ever Saints game I went to v QPR at Loftus Road 14th Oct 1990 a 4-1 win, Shearer 1, Le Tissier 1, and Rod Wallace 2 goalscorers. Actually a fantastic season for a Kiwi Saints fan to arrive in the UK. Le Tissier 20 goals, Rod Wallace 18 goals.

First ever post for me on Saints Web after being a silent reader for years. I started watching Saints when they had this style shirt so I'm a big big fan, like the away as well.

I don't get to a lot of games as I Live in NZ, but lived in the UK for two years ages ago. First ever Saints game I went to v QPR at Loftus Road 14th Oct 1990 a 4-1 win, Shearer 1, Le Tissier 1, and Rod Wallace 2 goalscorers. Actually a fantastic season for a Kiwi Saints fan to arrive in the UK. Le Tissier 20 goals, Rod Wallace 18 goals.

First ever post and you ****ed it up

It was 89 mate

I was there, passed my driving test that morning and got slaughtered

beaten up later that night for being a ****

great day

Agreed. Looks black to me. Perhaps away kit?

The away kit looks like this, they've just chosen all black in the cartoon as a place-holder. It actually looks like the cartoon has been designed so they will just add the kit colour to the existing cartoon for the launch:

southampton-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg

I'm assuming this is navy with teal/jade(ish) in a sort-of Patrick away kit homage without using too much blue.

I think that video isn't meant to tease the kit...it's a little strange in all honesty, I didn't know what it was and thought we were launching a Southampton FC childrens superhero cartoon.

Well, it's got a Saints logo, an Under Armour logo and an all-black thing in lieu of a proper kit, with a date that's pretty much in line with recent launches. And the hashtag is #madeforheroes with the tweet saying "History is in your hands", it's definitely the 80s-inspired kit.

Well, it's got a Saints logo, an Under Armour logo and an all-black thing in lieu of a proper kit, with a date that's pretty much in line with recent launches. And the hashtag is #madeforheroes with the tweet saying "History is in your hands", it's definitely the 80s-inspired kit.

I didn't explain myself well - the video is definitely for the kit, I just don't think the shirt the characters in it are wearing is meant to resemble it.

I didn't explain myself well - the video is definitely for the kit, I just don't think the shirt the characters in it are wearing is meant to resemble it.

Nice to see Caceres front and centre anyway. ;)

On an unrelated note, here's the first 2017/18 shirt I've seen with a sleeve sponsor:

watford-17-18-home-kit-1.jpg

I think that video isn't meant to tease the kit...it's a little strange in all honesty, I didn't know what it was and thought we were launching a Southampton FC childrens superhero cartoon.

Because the people that buy replica kits are children?

The away kit looks like this, they've just chosen all black in the cartoon as a place-holder. It actually looks like the cartoon has been designed so they will just add the kit colour to the existing cartoon for the launch:

southampton-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg

I'm assuming this is navy with teal/jade(ish) in a sort-of Patrick away kit homage without using too much blue.

Yes, had seen that. Was just hoping they might have had a rethink

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't this supposed to be released today? Not heard anything more about it other than the cartoon, yesterday. Usually the club make a massive fuss over the release of the kit, I thought we'd have seen more, especially if it's the kit we all suspect and want.

Isn't this supposed to be released today? Not heard anything more about it other than the cartoon, yesterday. Usually the club make a massive fuss over the release of the kit, I thought we'd have seen more, especially if it's the kit we all suspect and want.

Will be released tonight probably - we always release news in the evening!

Unfortunately, the original photo shoot was done with Claude & Eric wearing the home & away shirts & nothing more than a cheeky smile. They're now having to hurry through a new set of pics featuring Ralph & Les...

Yeah I assumed it would've been released around 9/10am, weird that it's gone quiet

It's been delayed as The9 is down at the Superstore banging on the doors demanding to know what country the cotton used to make the socks was sourced from.

It's been delayed as The9 is down at the Superstore banging on the doors demanding to know what country the cotton used to make the socks was sourced from.

:lol::lol:

Never have I seen a grown man (well I assume he's a grown man, the way he acts on this thread would suggest otherwise) act the way he does over a replica football kit.

He's without a doubt one of those that wears his saints shirt over the top of a hooded jacket / coat.

:lol::lol:

Never have I seen a grown man (well I assume he's a grown man, the way he acts on this thread would suggest otherwise) act the way he does over a replica football kit.

He's without a doubt one of those that wears his saints shirt over the top of a hooded jacket / coat.

He isn't. (A shirt over hoodie wearer, he is a grown man)