2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

The featured players in that trailer are Bertrand, Yoshida, Forster and Gabbiadini. No sign of our highest profile player (and captain) though... make of that what you will.... :(

But VVD had 100% been modelling the new kit. Guaranteed.

Or was the poster not telling the truth...? ;)

The featured players in that trailer are Bertrand, Yoshida, Forster and Gabbiadini. No sign of our highest profile player (and captain) though... make of that what you will.... :(

VVD is in the video if you look closely.

You're not looking hard enough, he's in there

(36secs he's on the Tackling banner, and Davis on the Stamina banner)

What is the point of that cartoon sh*t?

To get the kids interested.

They already know the kit will appeal to adults, the video is marketing it to the younger generation who don't remember or know what it's based on. It's pretty simple really.

I didn't explain myself well - the video is definitely for the kit, I just don't think the shirt the characters in it are wearing is meant to resemble it.

In which case I agree with you. the first episode implies this is the case too. Someone's nicked the kit. :o

It's been delayed as The9 is down at the Superstore banging on the doors demanding to know what country the cotton used to make the socks was sourced from.

Oi, I have a day job and it was only ever going to be a trailer for something they won't sell until July... when I'll be down at the Megastore banging on the doors trying to get in to buy the thing and maybe getting some new font name and numbers on it.

:lol::lol:

Never have I seen a grown man (well I assume he's a grown man, the way he acts on this thread would suggest otherwise) act the way he does over a replica football kit.

He's without a doubt one of those that wears his saints shirt over the top of a hooded jacket / coat.

He isn't. (A shirt over hoodie wearer, he is a grown man)

Both a grown man AND a shirt over hoodie wearer. Though last season I was a shirt under Saints Under Armour zip-through hoodie wearer after Xmas. I also couldn't give a shiny sh01te what someone else thinks of that.

I'm also not really sure what's so weird about sharing a load of information about something plenty of Saints fans are interested in. The rest of it is just my (definitely weird) detail thing.

released just before Fathers Day.

So essentially, if you're a father and want the new shirt but don't get it on Sunday, your kids hate you.

Fairly sure it won't be out by then based on previous release schedules - they also don't have time to refurb the shop by Sunday for a launch, so it won't be this week - though I guess as we're not changing kit brand or sponsor they COULD just swap the stock, but they usually close the store for a few days. I'm going for June 30th, which is a Friday.

The link describes the away kit as 'black with green stripes'

They've only got one pic to go on, same as us, and nothing to compare colour shades against - as an example the black adidas away with the big V neck seemed to be black and silver when the pics were released (though they also changed the shorts between the promo pic and the release, but anyway). So there's every possibility it's navy not black, especially considering the source.

The away stripes definitely are not any conventional "green", though it may be "green-ish" or "greeny-blue".

Also it makes little to no sense for the club to release another black away kit when we had one last season, and yet persist with the non-yellow argument "because everyone already has one".

Random aside but anyone know why I can't get name and. Umber printing online for the 2026/17 shirts that are going for £15

Probably because they've sold out of the old-style names and numbers - there's a new font style for the Premier League starting from this summer.

You can always buy the letters on eBay and iron them on yourself using an iron onto a teflon sheet... :D

Subtle hint to the Keegan era kit in the video... (not that it is a surprise anymore, as we've all seen the design now)

And the Umbro 2009 and Pony Sanderson 1998 (with wrong socks for either season) which we're definitely NOT having, they have chosen three kits with predominantly white socks though.

Also, you'd be amazed how many people HAVEN'T seen the design.

Lots of little in house jokes and hints..

The Matt le Tiss chant being cut just in time, the towel on Barry (a hint at the new kit?) and is the offside call against Liverpool a cheeky reference to the VVD saga?

Not sure why people are upset..it's a bit of fun?

Also, you'd be amazed how many people HAVEN'T seen the design.

Maybe you will be amazed at how many people don't spend all day discussing it at wondering what the new kit is going to be like, let alone start worrying about in in November.

Lots of little in house jokes and hints..

The Matt le Tiss chant being cut just in time, the towel on Barry (a hint at the new kit?) and is the offside call against Liverpool a cheeky reference to the VVD saga?

Not sure why people are upset..it's a bit of fun?

Pretty sure the quality of the offside call comment is a reference to the Cup Final.

Get on with it ffs. Why does this club take so long to do anything?!

I don't mind the cartoons, after all, the target audience of full kits is generally children and teenagers but come on, all this OTT build up with no end product, it's like a metaphor for our season.

Maybe you will be amazed at how many people don't spend all day discussing it at wondering what the new kit is going to be like, let alone start worrying about in in November.

No, most people couldn't care less. But for people who are on a kit post (even one on the Saints official feed) not to know by now is just strange. It's like... you're interested enough to watch this, but not to make the two clicks that will actually show you it?

PS November is the latest this thread's started for 3 years.

Edited by The9

Starting to wonder if someone's stolen the hard disk with part 2 on it now.

I have no idea why everyone's assumed it's coming today - the teaser was saying "the cartoon is coming tomorrow", and the cartoon, which has already been released today, doesn't give any indication when the next episode is.

Anyway, someone's told me it's on sale on 30 June now, and pre-orders from tomorrow, so I'm assuming Part 2 is coming tomorrow and has the reveal. That also gives them two weeks to close the store, refit and hang a load of new posters outside the ground in time for the contracts to tick over on July 1 and preseason soon after.