2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Wow. The home kit i've wanted for years and it wasn't even my era. I always see the retro version in store and have been tempted by it for so long but this version is absolutely ****ing beautiful, i'm actually in love.

Love these if they're the kit! I grew up with this and the centenary shirt so although I prefr stripes, ad long as we're red shirts black shorts (but navy would be ok for tradition) and white socks....

But I love this one!!

They look like a really good fake to me.

They are using the current template but have taken the bra off, looks fantastic imo.

Doubt they would use the same template again for the 3rd year in a row....or would they?

http://todosobrecamisetas.com/2017/05/southampton-2017-18-under-armour-kits-leaked/

Thats what I thought at first but there's a LOT of detail in that. Need to speak to my source... :D

Contacted the website. They told me 100% legitimate....hmmm

They also posted another UA shirt just after from St Pauli. They have a verified twitter with 42k followers.

Yeah, todosobrecamisetas.com are legit, they do occasionally get duped though.

c328f1b19be566088606c3ea519ce47c.png

Like it, apart from the higgledy-piggledy-ness of the collar/shoulder/neck area. Would have been much 'cleaner' if the white band had continued over the top and joined up with the back, but I guess the design is constrained by the fixed panels of material in that area of the shirt.

Just checked with my source, memory being what it is and all, he's confirmed the home is legit (and he didn't see the away, so no idea what the conversation we were having about yellow/navy, or the wing collar for that matter, was about - maybe keeper's shirt is yellow/navy). :D

If that is the away kit (is it navy or black with ?blue) then there very well could be a third yellow away kit as it would be needed at Newcastle, West Brom, Huddersfield, and Brighton, possibly even at spurs, and of course if we need to change for a cup final.

We won't need to change at Brighton or West Brom, they're predominantly blue including the back panel. Newcastle will probably depend on if they go with a white or black panel on the back. Spurs we can wear the away. Bournemouth will be the big problem (and does suggest the 3rd could be for sale and white).

Oh and FWIW I love the home and think the away is in pretty dubious taste. We will definitely see a third kit for Bournemouth, and will be interested to see what we wear at Newcastle.

Since the home kit is going to clash with teams that are predominately all-red and predominately all-white as well as with red/blue/navy/black stripes the away kit is going to see a lot of action. Of course if we are going for the full 1980 effect we could have a special all-red version for West Brom and Newcastle etc. Which doesn't solve Bournemouth - assuming they have classic red and black stripes. Maybe we keep the white cup final shirt going as well?

We won't need to change at Brighton or West Brom, they're predominantly blue including the back panel. Newcastle will probably depend on if they go with a white or black panel on the back. Spurs we can wear the away. Bournemouth will be the big problem (and does suggest the 3rd could be for sale and white).

While we might agree that we shouldn't need to change at West Brom or Brighton I think we will. Last time round we had this kit we changed at West Brom, Newcastle and any team in blue and white stripes eg Sheffield Wednesday. Of course that was a long time ago and attitudes have changed. Back then no one would have dreamed that Everton would not change their kit when playing at Manchester City.

Hopefully that kit is accompanied by a big name signing ala Keegan!.

Had a similar thought that the home kit should be accompanied by a quality import from Germany - Tuchel, or Roger Schmidt would be a good start.

Oh and FWIW I love the home and think the away is in pretty dubious taste. We will definitely see a third kit for Bournemouth, and will be interested to see what we wear at Newcastle.

Why not Red n white? We've worn that many times against them (both with black shorts). "For those of you watching in black and white, saints are in red stripes"

Home shirt is fantastic if true.

Whoever designed the away number should be fired immediately though.....

I personally love the away kit. If these kits are genuine then they are the best range that I can remember in my lifetime.

Clearly the staff member I spoke to in the club shop is a liar. She said the away kit was yellow and navy blue. I guess they get hundreds of phone calls about the new kit so just say stuff to wind people up. They're probably sat in the shop as we speak discussing who's getting a prize for giving out the most misleading information.

Don't think a lot of the younger fans appreciate the retro feel of the old 80s home kit but I absolutely love it, looks amazing. The away kit isn't particularly to my fancy atm but it'll probably grow on me

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Home kit is ruined by the strange colour exchange of the collar, the filled-in sponsor logo and the odd black-red stripes between the red and white areas

By jove, I agree with Alps! :)

edit: well, partially anyway. I wouldn't say it "ruins" the overall affect, just that it could have been a bit better than "very good". #callmemrpicky

I really like both of those mock ups, particularly the home.

I'm not that bothered about the small differences in the collars or the fact the Doris did the sewing this year and not Ethel.

Edited by Hatch

Home shirt is fantastic if true.

Whoever designed the away number should be fired immediately though.....

Nothing is ever to everyone's taste but I can't see why anyone would think the away is particularly bad. Nothing outrageous about the colours or the design.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-05-31/stadium-store-closure-southampton-robbie-williams-concert

Store closing from the 3rd June to 8th June

Convenient time to restock the club shop with the new merchandise?

It looks like it on the face of things, but that would mean a kit release was imminent though. You don't stock the store with the new kit without announcing it...

Nothing is ever to everyone's taste but I can't see why anyone would think the away is particularly bad. Nothing outrageous about the colours or the design.

It's black/navy and a weird dark green, plus we've just had a black away - not sure why anyone would like it tbh. The potential of needing a third kit is about its only positive point afaic, and that sort of marks it out as a little bit pointless.

Oh, one thing I haven't mentioned that's worth saying (ish) is the retention of the "five stripes" motif from this season is alive and well with the design on the shirt and shorts. Strange really that they haven't used it on the away kit.