2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Just hope UA see it that way rather than wanting to feature more prominently.

As sleeve sponsors are now allowed it might be that UA take that space on the one arm rather than Saints having a secondary sponsor.

I like 3 the best too, Obviously we couldn't have the UA logo where the Patrick one is on the original style because of the Premier League badge.

The rumour was that we didn't have the broad stripe style before because of the replicas we were selling. Not sure that was ever a valid concern tbh.

Just hope UA see it that way rather than wanting to feature more prominently.

I mean technically they have their logo on there twice (3 times if you include the mini badge The9 included in the bottom left) so you could argue more exposure!

I hope they stick with black numbers with the Patrick-style kit, or any kit with a white back. Hope they keep the black trim as well, as well as the black shorts of course! (I'd also be ok with navy, just don't want red shorts)

I hope they stick with black numbers with the Patrick-style kit, or any kit with a white back. Hope they keep the black trim as well, as well as the black shorts of course! (I'd also be ok with navy, just don't want red shorts)

I haven't asked, but no reason to think they won't use black numbers, and a black short with white side stripe would work well with the original. Will be interesting to see if we go with the original white socks or the recent trend of mostly red or hooped socks. I probably should have asked.

We could club together and buy you one of those new fangled telephone device gizmos so that you could phone and ask them now? :)

I don't have his number. A facebook message might suffice.

They'll probably hold off for a bit yet before unveiling to try and shift some of the piles of current shirts at the knocked-down price. Will be interesting when they do though as, contrary to suggestion on here, I've heard the away isn't yellow. I'll be sacking my 'source' if it is.

They'll probably hold off for a bit yet before unveiling to try and shift some of the piles of current shirts at the knocked-down price. Will be interesting when they do though as, contrary to suggestion on here, I've heard the away isn't yellow. I'll be sacking my 'source' if it is.

Perhaps we have a third kit?

Nice!

She also said, "given the number of calls we've received about it, the club would be mad not to sell it". I still don't understand the mentality behind not making it available for the cup final. Most clubs issue a shirt with the date & event embroidered on the front. We did it for the FA Cup final in 2003 and the shirts sold out. The fact that the UA and the club didn't give the fans what they wanted says a lot.

She also said, "given the number of calls we've received about it, the club would be mad not to sell it". I still don't understand the mentality behind not making it available for the cup final. Most clubs issue a shirt with the date & event embroidered on the front. We did it for the FA Cup final in 2003 and the shirts sold out. The fact that the UA and the club didn't give the fans what they wanted says a lot.

There was a very genuine reason it wasn't available for the cup final, there wasn't any stock. We were set to play in the black kit but the players requested the white. There was never enough time to get it manufactured and distributed in time. It was only ever planned to be used for the Bournemouth away game so never mass produced.

Nothing to do with "mentality" and everything to do with a very basic understanding of the lead times required for this kind of thing.

There was about four or five weeks between the decision and the cup final, nowhere near enough time to get the volume of kits produced, shipped and sold before the final.

Pretty sure this has been explained to you before.

A lot of negatives from the players recently.

Selected a god awful song for prematch the the fanbase widely hates.

Chose a kit for the cup final that the fans couldn't buy or wear.

Purported player unrest and players actively destabilising the club by trying to get the manager or themselves out.

Not managing to score in 5 games at home

Think its time for a complete squad overhaul tbh. Time we got some players with a brain into the club.

:x

Nothing to do with "mentality" and everything to do with a very basic understanding of the lead times required for this kind of thing.

There was about four or five weeks between the decision and the cup final, nowhere near enough time to get the volume of kits produced, shipped and sold before the final.

Pretty sure this has been explained to you before.

Yes, you did give me your explanation before, thank you. However, your response is flawed as manufacturing and distributing a huge number of kits in four to five weeks is easily achievable in this day and age, especially for a company the size of UA. A bespoke shirt can be designed and produced in less than 2 weeks by numerous manufacturers. The big boys such as Adidas and Nike, can manufacture up to 1500 shirts in day. It was a missed opportunity, which is a surprise given how money orientated Football clubs are these days.

Just my thoughts, do you reckon the delay of the 2017/18 kit being released is due to relatively low sale of our 2016/17 home kit?

I mean I just had a look on the website, and usually when we have our end of season sale some sizes are already sold out, I looked at the website now and every size is still available for our home kit even at a £15 price!!

Just my thoughts, do you reckon the delay of the 2017/18 kit being released is due to relatively low sale of our 2016/17 home kit?

I mean I just had a look on the website, and usually when we have our end of season sale some sizes are already sold out, I looked at the website now and every size is still available for our home kit even at a £15 price!!

I was reading the other day that the sale of all replica kits is down in general and companies are thinking it might be tipping point for people wearing them games.

To be honest i'm not surprised, and i'm still baffled as to why people spend just shy of £50 for a poor quality t-shirt that's really only good for a year and marks you out (as a grown adult) as being a bit sad.

I was reading the other day that the sale of all replica kits is down in general and companies are thinking it might be tipping point for people wearing them games.

To be honest i'm not surprised, and i'm still baffled as to why people spend just shy of £50 for a poor quality t-shirt that's really only good for a year and marks you out (as a grown adult) as being a bit sad.

Agree with the £50- way too big an investment to fork out and as shown every year you can get the kit for £15 at the end anyway!

As for being a bit sad for having a top- what does that make the tw*t with the facepaint and the hat almost always shown on TV!

Yes, you did give me your explanation before, thank you. However, your response is flawed as manufacturing and distributing a huge number of kits in four to five weeks is easily achievable in this day and age, especially for a company the size of UA. A bespoke shirt can be designed and produced in less than 2 weeks by numerous manufacturers. The big boys such as Adidas and Nike, can manufacture up to 1500 shirts in day. It was a missed opportunity, which is a surprise given how money orientated Football clubs are these days.

Unlikely, but maybe if they've got nothing else to do. But definitely not when their production lines are already full producing new designs to meet deadlines for already agreed kits for other clubs.

The earliest Saints have announced a kit in the past 5 years is next week if my Timehop is anything to go by. We'd all but nailed the crappo all red adidas thing by now (except I still had the gold bits as being white) but it was still speculation at this point. Most get released in the first week of July but announced in the week or two beforehand.

They'll have specific dates when the Megastore and ground will get the refit too - last year the new banners were just going up. Not sure if we'll be getting a concourse sale this year given that neither shirt sponsor nor kit brand are changing - there's some half price training kit on sale that's still over £45 and going to be out of date in a matter of weeks.

One of the reasons replica sales are down is because people have accepted that a one-year cycle is bloody ridiculous and as you'd expect, people just skip designs they don't like.

I don't, I just wait for the crap ones to get reduced in price, but the "rational consumer" is probably peed off with the cost and the tiny amount of effort the kit companies are bothering to put into the design process nowadays (as evidenced by the gazillion teams with the same Nike template).

I like the solid backs. I really disliked last year's UA kit with the possible exception of the bra-less white League Cup final shirt, but the Europa version with the solid red back almost did it for me.

Hopeful our "solid back" looks more like this, albeit in different colours to the new Juve shirt:

juventus-17-18-home-kit-3.jpg

One of the reasons replica sales are down is because people have accepted that a one-year cycle is bloody ridiculous and as you'd expect, people just skip designs they don't like.

I don't, I just wait for the crap ones to get reduced in price, but the "rational consumer" is probably peed off with the cost and the tiny amount of effort the kit companies are bothering to put into the design process nowadays (as evidenced by the gazillion teams with the same Nike template).

Another reason being fans using Chinese web sites to get cheap knock offs!

I haven't bought one since the sash. Tempted to get this year's if it's a nice design.

The bit the number goes on is solid...

Doesn't the area holding the name also have to be solid ? In which case it would be shoulder to shoulder rather than a solid block stripe down the back.

Hope you're right though so we can have the kit we've all wanted for years.

Doesn't the area holding the name also have to be solid ? In which case it would be shoulder to shoulder rather than a solid block stripe down the back.

Hope you're right though so we can have the kit we've all wanted for years.

It wouldn't be too difficult to just feed the red stripes in under the arms on the back to allow for that though.

Update from others' recollections today says the sponsor looks smaller than that and the white band is not quite as wide, which leaves a little more room for the red stripes at the side on the front (which I believe are a couple of stripes rather than just a red area)... and I don't think the collar is striped.

Slight concern we'll get a Colo Colo away kit template the year after just because it has stripes, but I'll share that another time.

Oh, and for the lolz, I was at a bbq tonight and a mate of mine who isn't on here showed me a mock up he'd seen on Twitter AND that had been shared by the bloke I know has seen the kit and gave me the information in the first place... It was the last mock up I did with the UA logos on the sleeves and I had to show him this thread to prove I'd created it. :D

The current kit is great quality and I wear it a lot living in Australia, I live in shorts and t shirt here. Even the red adidias kit is fantastic quality even though I'm not keen on it.

Had a bit of an update today. Badge isn't in the middle so basically it's one of the earlier designs, shorts plain black (don't think there's a white stripe), white socks with a red hoop.

Makes me doubly sad then. If the kits being described are as good as they sound I may well buy both shirts for the first time ever. Now, where are those face paints..... ;-)

Had a bit of an update today. Badge isn't in the middle so basically it's one of the earlier designs, shorts plain black (don't think there's a white stripe), white socks with a red hoop.

Shame badge not in the middle, glad to see return of white socks. What about that colo colo link?

Pretty odd you were given duff info about badge position, I think I'd remember where the badge was if I saw the shirt or was involved in the advert/photo shoot!

Pretty odd you were given duff info about badge position, I think I'd remember where the badge was if I saw the shirt or was involved in the advert/photo shoot!

I must have misheard the first time (or possibly another friend of mine who also asked might have done). Went back to the source to confirm earlier.

Shame badge not in the middle, glad to see return of white socks. What about that colo colo link?

It's just their third kit with stripes, nothing to suggest we'll actually use the template, but you can see where they might want to use it for us in the future.

colo-colo-2017-third-kit-2.jpg

Edited by The9

I must have misheard the first time (or possibly another friend of mine who also asked might have done). Went back to the source to confirm earlier.

Can you summarise what details you now think are correct about home and away shirts?