Stephens

Cedric

Clasie

Davis

Romeu

Redmond

Long/Jrod

Tadic

I cant decide whether long should play to hit them on the break and close down from the front or Jrod to try and hold up the ball/draw fouls to take the pressure of the defense in the first 45/60 in the hopes we don't concede then with Long coming on as the game gets more stretched as they push for a goal?

Tadic is great at holding the ball up too so he's a good outlet if we're under pressure.

Clasie/Davis/Romeu seems like the right combination n the middle for me, all 3 players have great work rate and Davis can join attacks if required.

JWP\Hojbjerg to come on and slow play down later in the game if we haven't conceded

In my opinion - If a centre back is out, put a centre back in, we don't need to try and be more clever with changing the team around to accommodate one position. Bertrand and Yoshi can coach Stephens through the game and Romeu can keep an eye out as well. Unfortunately this probably means that we will be sitting deep but I would play Long up front for the counter attack.

My team for tonight if VvD is out-

-----------------------Forster-----------------------

Cedric-------Yoshi-----------Stephens------Bertrand

---------------Clasie-------Romeu-------------------

----Redmond---------JWP------------Tadic----------

---------------------Long----------------------------

If Davis is fit I'd have in for JWP.

Clasie/Davis/Romeu seems like the right combination n the middle for me, all 3 players have great work rate and Davis can join attacks if required.

JWP\Hojbjerg to come on and slow play down later in the game if we haven't conceded

I'd be tempted to start Hojbjerg over Davis. He had a great game at the weekend and I'd take that confidence into tonight's match. Plus with Davis having not played for awhile...

I'd be tempted to start Hojbjerg over Davis. He had a great game at the weekend and I'd take that confidence into tonight's match. Plus with Davis having not played for awhile...

I thought Hojbjerg was pretty average - not just the chances he fluffed but the number of times he dawdled in possession and gave the ball away.

I thought Hojbjerg was pretty average - not just the chances he fluffed but the number of times he dawdled in possession and gave the ball away.

1st half was the best I've seen him play. 2nd half he started to drop and seemed to slow down his game (a result of missing his earlier chances?). It's a tough one to call and although I'd go with Hojbjerg I reckon Puel will start Davis.

1st half was the best I've seen him play. 2nd half he started to drop and seemed to slow down his game (a result of missing his earlier chances?). It's a tough one to call and although I'd go with Hojbjerg I reckon Puel will start Davis.

Is Davis fit now? I'd start Davis if he is available in a big game like this.

Actually hope JWP starts after Sunday's game. Was it just me or did he seem to be hitting balls first time a lot more when crossing or shooting, rather than taking touches, which seemed to speed up our attacks and took their defence by surprise?

Thought it was his best game for a while.

In which case why have you changed the system from the normal 433 Puel uses with Romeu as the lone DM, to a 4231?
Because if VvD is injured I would want 2 defensive midfielders to protect the back four. Yes it is a deviation from the usual 4-3-3 but my point is with players playing in their correct position.

Liverpool’s 3-2 defeat to Swansea proves the club have an attitude problem towards smaller teams, according to Alan*Shearer.

"They’ve not been beaten by any of their title rivals but they have been beaten by Bournemouth, Swansea, Burnley and drawn with Sunderland which tells you they have a problem with attitude and application.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/liverpool-have-an-attitude-problem-says-shearer/ar-AAm6PNl?ocid=spartandhp

Here's hoping Alan....

My plan is to not watch this in a pub that has no televised sports, or free wi-fi. My phone will be off and I will be talking the toot with some (other) beardy folks who have little to no interest in sports.

I did the same for England v Italy in 1997 and that worked out perfectly.

I, of course, hope I miss some glorious football and a magnificent away win; however, I would be ecstatic with a battling no-score draw.

Up The Saints.

Saints team coach is being held up on Anfield Road by liverpool fans with fireworks and flares!

I remember the last time they did that... ended up with a certain slip :lol:

Although it's quite possible that that's just a standard Wednesday night up there. Scum. They should run them over imo.

Liverpool starting XI: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Milner; Henderson, Can, Lallana; Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge

Milner and the young lad the week links imo. Get at them and give them something to think about nice and early.