Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

Oh why o why do we leave most transfers to the last hours when the need is so great ? Don,t buy into the money argument a few extra million is small beer in the overall picture or its so sir reed has an plausible soft out if there is a late insurmountable problem over the negotiations just wish he/the board would grow some balls or buy some quality players to kick them

We don't leave most transfers to the last hours. In fact, almost all our signings are done in good time.

Oh why o why do we leave most transfers to the last hours when the need is so great ? Don,t buy into the money argument a few extra million is small beer in the overall picture or its so sir reed has an plausible soft out if there is a late insurmountable problem over the negotiations just wish he/the board would grow some balls or buy some quality players to kick them

I read somewhere that we had given Napoli until 9pm yesterday to decide, as this would allow us to pursue alternatives. I wouldn't hang Les out to dry just yet, give him a chance.

One thing's for sure though, no way should we let Napoli hold us to ransom on the price. If the club feel he's being over-priced, then walk away anyway.

We don't leave most transfers to the last hours. In fact, almost all our signings are done in good time.

We had the summer transfer window and now Jan for replacements that left relatively early last season just my opinion but I don't have a lot of confidence in Les but hopefully get proved wrong which I will take chin happily

It comes down to economics now. I presume we can scrape together 9-12 points to avoid relegation. Which leaves Feb 26 being the only meaningful game left.

So the premium that Napoli are trying to extract, can this be made up and more by the league finishing position and its prize money?

It comes down to economics now. I presume we can scrape together 9-12 points to avoid relegation. Which leaves Feb 26 being the only meaningful game left.

So the premium that Napoli are trying to extract, can this be made up and more by the league finishing position and its prize money?

F*ck Napoli. Plenty more fish in the sea. Please not loans though.

We had the summer transfer window and now Jan for replacements that left relatively early last season just my opinion but I don't have a lot of confidence in Les but hopefully get proved wrong which I will take chin happily

We signed replacements. The issue is whether they were adequate, not the timing of their arrival.

Looks like it's off. This from probs the most clued up Italian Journo...

Unlikely. This is typical Italian negotiating tactics. I think this will be drawn out to the last to extract as much cash as possible from saints. Also the reason why we havent landed him earlier in the window. If we had offered the full amount a week ago they would have fannied about before demanding extra to get it through at the last minute. I would be amazed if this doesnt happen. its just a question of the fee.

Unlikely. This is typical Italian negotiating tactics. I think this will be drawn out to the last to extract as much cash as possible from saints. Also the reason why we havent landed him earlier in the window. If we had offered the full amount a week ago they would have fannied about before demanding extra to get it through at the last minute. I would be amazed if this doesnt happen. its just a question of the fee.

Is that from your head or your heart? ;)

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-napoli-in-mattinata-incontro-decisivo-con-lagente-di-gabbiadini

Key meetings this morning or we will walk away as need time for medical etc.

Would be a big blow if it doesnt happen after clearly a lot of time and effort invested into it but hopefully they will sort it out otherwise its surely too late to do much else in that position.

De Laurentiis is an Italian film producer so clearly loves a drama!

The thing with Italy is that the owners have to take into account the ultras who seem to have a huge say in club proceedings.

I thought this guy was a second string player who spends most of his time getting splinters in his arse? Wouldn't this be like our fans getting upset with Clasie being sold?

Financial brinkmanship aside, De Laurentis cannot have a bad 1-1 home draw against Palermo and selling a youngish full Italian International forward in consecutive PR output. Makes him look clueless. His team cannot score more than 1 against a poor team and he is selling an international forward, who is Italian no less? If Napoli had won 3-0 MG would be here already. That's my take on it, his emotional reaction to the result has prejudiced the sale. I don't know how long he takes to cool down but i don't think he has got long. For me this is more off than on now as SFC will not be mucked about with.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2h2 hours ago

More

Southampton have given this afternoon as deadline for definitive answer on Gabbiadini

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 56m56 minutes ago

More

For Southampton fans asking, I can't believe that Gabbiadibi deal won't go through. But you know in transfers you can't never know

Thank **** you're not doing deals for the club, we'd have our pants pulled down every time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

th?&id=OIP.oChGPltaY3Y-kGjUeykmwQEsC8&w=300&h=188&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

th?&id=OIP.oChGPltaY3Y-kGjUeykmwQEsC8&w=300&h=188&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

These guys from Italy had quite a good negotiating strategy

he Roman Military

Julius Caesar

Roman Military

The Roman military was the most successful and powerful in history, dominating the Western world for over a thousand years. The size, strength and organization of their infantry force wouldn’t be equaled again for another thousand years.

http://www.ancientmilitary.com/images/roman-empire.gif

These guys from Italy had quite a good negotiating strategy

he Roman Military

Julius Caesar

Roman Military

The Roman military was the most successful and powerful in history, dominating the Western world for over a thousand years. The size, strength and organization of their infantry force wouldn’t be equaled again for another thousand years.

http://www.ancientmilitary.com/images/roman-empire.gif

That was Rome. Italy was created in 1861

LOL at the experts on here with their negotiation tactics. "Just give 'em what they want". Easy to say when it's someone else's money.

If Napoli are playing hardball, we walk away. I would love him to come to Saints but we shouldn't overpay. I am sure the same experts would be complaining about having no money of we just threw money at clubs.

LOL at the experts on here with their negotiation tactics. "Just give 'em what they want". Easy to say when it's someone else's money.

If Napoli are playing hardball, we walk away. I would love him to come to Saints but we shouldn't overpay. I am sure the same experts would be complaining about having no money of we just threw money at clubs.

Sensible post.

Fair point

Clearly this has been a tough negotiation and credit to the club if they get this one over the line.

Don't know a ton about him other than what is out in the public domain, but seems Saints really want him given the drawn out negotiations and large fee for us.

He is clearly very talented technically with excellent potential to improve and could become a key player for us.

Now yes, the story Gabbiadini has come to an end. After having approached , Naples and Southampton have now reached an agreement for the transfer of the player based on 17 million plus 3 easy walking bonuses linked also to the goals that will mark the attacker. The player is ready to fly to England for him begins a new adventure starting from medical visits scheduled for tomorrow.