Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

From the OS...Les Reed said "With Jay Rodriguez, Shane Long and Nathan Redmond all in good form..." is he taking the ****

Less than 10 league goals between the three of them. If that's good form then I'd like to see bad...!

After tonight's performance and more ****ing nonsense from Les Reed I really couldn't give a toss about this signing. Hope he proves me wrong but 5 goals in 19 games suggests that he's about as good as Long, Redmond and J-Rod. With Puel's rotation system I can't see him banging them in week after week.

Agreed, was quite optimistic about this but given we've failed to remedy our defensive situation I'm not as desperate for a striker as I was at the start of the window. Seeing Sakho at Palace just adds to the insult.

I feel sorry for the guy, we should be excited about the signing of our (potential) record signing, but are focusing our energy (rightly so) at not signing a centre back.

Anyway, welcome Manolo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't feel more 'meh' if I tried. A very nice signing, but with Fonte going it was obvious we needed 2 centre backs.

Couldn't feel more 'meh' if I tried. A very nice signing, but with Fonte going it was obvious we needed 2 centre backs.

Bit of an odd one. On day one of the window I would have given anything for a striker, now we've got one but are, instead, woefully short at the back. Typical Saints to take with one hand and give with the other. Let's hope he gets us firing as we will need goals to get points as don't see many clean sheets coming.

Been looking into this guy.

Weak in the air and creates next to nothing for his team mates. Not a great defensive contribution either. I'm not convinced in the slightest.

I'm very sceptical too. I hope he bloody proves us wrong!

Jeez, the biggest problem we have had all season is not putting away our chances !

We have dominated so many games but not killed off the opposition by missing sitters and buggering about instead of shooting !

The club have looked to remedy that and yet most seem unhappy !

Time will tell whether Gabbiadini is the answer but at least they are trying !

Give them a chance before slagging them off !!!

Come on, be fair, he's a full Italian international, he's no mug. We aren't talking about playing for Luxembourg here !

Is he an Italian national player? Never started a game for Italy and been on as sub for 4 friendlies (combined 96 mins) between 2012-15 and has played in 2 Euro qualifiers again both from the bench (13 mins v Bulgaria and 60 mins v Malta). Fabian Delph has more international caps and minutes than this guy.

Hes not been anywhere near the 1st team since mid 2015 - Is Rickie Lambert an England International still?

Im excited to see what this guy can do - but hes not an Italy international (Pelle is)

Is he an Italian national player? Never started a game for Italy and been on as sub for 4 friendlies (combined 96 mins) between 2012-15 and has played in 2 Euro qualifiers again both from the bench (13 mins v Bulgaria and 60 mins v Malta). Fabian Delph has more international caps and minutes than this guy.

Hes not been anywhere near the 1st team since mid 2015 - Is Rickie Lambert an England International still?

Im excited to see what this guy can do - but hes not an Italy international (Pelle is)

Was Pelle an Italian international before he signed for us?

Welcome Manolo....I hope you never read good enough English to see what a forum-dwelling p*ss poor, limp-wristed bunch of bed-wetters consider to be a positive thread about signing a quality Italian forward!

There are exceptions on here but ....good grief - the negativity about a signing???!!!

sorry, didn't realise sub appearances don't count as playing for your country, bugger, my bad :?

Welcome Manolo....I hope you never read good enough English to see what a forum-dwelling p*ss poor, limp-wristed bunch of bed-wetters consider to be a positive thread about signing a quality Italian forward!

There are exceptions on here but ....good grief - the negativity about a signing???!!!

This and welcome to SFC Manolo, most of the Saints fans will back you, the "fans" Dronskisaint mentions are only a small group on here not a real reflection of the Saints fc support

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Jeez, the biggest problem we have had all season is not putting away our chances !

We have dominated so many games but not killed off the opposition by missing sitters and buggering about instead of shooting !

The club have looked to remedy that and yet most seem unhappy !

Time will tell whether Gabbiadini is the answer but at least they are trying !

Give them a chance before slagging them off !!!

For most of the season, the defence has meant that a single goal scored has been enough to pick up points.

But that isn't going to be the case with while VVD is injured. We might get away with it from time to time, but if Yoshida gets a knock we are really in trouble. We could use Bertrand at CB, but then the left side is weakened.

Its a really big gamble IMO. I.'m sure Gabbiadini will improve our attack, but it won't make any difference if our defence is shot. Hopefully the club are right, and VVD isn't too bad, and Gardos will step up. but for a relatively small investment they could have picked up a reasonable CB on loan , presumably with the wages saved on Fonte.

It seems that the main contributors to this board cannot be satisfied by anything the club do. We have one "functioning" goalkeeper and the club get rammed for signing what seems a decent back up on loan and then the reaction on here to signing what is by all accounts a highly talented footballer that hasn't yet come good is depressing. A player whose previous club wanted a cut of future sales because they believe that he will become a top player. Jeezus wept.

We haven't signed a centre back so maybe - just maybe - the situation isn't that desperate? Maybe the club know a little more than we do about this?

Manolo will be playing in the shirt and should get a great welcome and full support from everyone.

Welcome to St Mary's Manolo!!!

It seems that the main contributors to this board cannot be satisfied by anything the club do. We have one "functioning" goalkeeper and the club get rammed for signing what seems a decent back up on loan and then the reaction on here to signing what is by all accounts a highly talented footballer that hasn't yet come good is depressing. A player whose previous club wanted a cut of future sales because they believe that he will become a top player. Jeezus wept.

We haven't signed a centre back so maybe - just maybe - the situation isn't that desperate? Maybe the club know a little more than we do about this?

Manolo will be playing in the shirt and should get a great welcome and full support from everyone.

Welcome to St Mary's Manolo!!!

That flies in the face of what we know. If the situation wasn't that bad then why were we attempting to get a loan at the last minute for a Swansea reserve player? It's a f*ck up pure and simple and the fact that the club haven't even acknowledged it is even worse.

This and welcome to SFC Manolo, most of the Saints fans will back you, the "fans" Dronskisaint mentions are only a small group on here not a real reflection of the Saints fc support

That's strange - where I sit in the ground there is immense dissatisfaction with the state of the team (Itchen). I disagree that it is a small group.