Saints V Arsenal build up & match thread

Heisenberg

For anyone wondering, this is why people have doubts about puel. If this peters out to a narrow loss you can see why some are discontented.

Top post hypo, top post.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Personally I think we have played utter **** second half. At no point do we look like creating a good chance let alone scoring. Arsenal are a decent team but if we were more positive we could have at least got at them a bit better.

I have come to the conclusion a better coach would of got more out of this team, these players than Puel has.

Even if we had the same number of points with a different coach, if we showed promise people would be tolerant but I feel we have the Gailic David Moyes as our coach.

He may have had no chance but that was absolutely pathetic from Forster, didn't even try.

I thought that, too.

GK pathetic.

Strikers pathetic.

No wonder we're fading. It's so disappointing to see this lack of heart.

That shows why we've been so boring lately' date=' playing since Fonte was sold with a center back pairing that can't defend unless its got 3 defensive midfielders sat in front of it for 90 minutes.[/quote']

That just leads to our 0-0 performances

Is it me or does Long look slower

To be fair we've been much better than recently but are devoid of ideas going forward. And playing a much better team that can be clinical and have a decent keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think its a striker per se. We need a creative midfielder, Davis. JWP and co are inept in the opposition box.

Preach.... they have no speed of movement either so the ball gets passed backwards 90% of the time.

We need to sell Tadic, buy Ziyech and get Cyprien and then I think I could coach that team.

3 minutes added on.

Cue 92nd minute goal to make Puel look like he made some good decisions.

I'm not normally a 'detractor', but this performance is one of too many which have just not been good enough.

I don't care who we're playing - it's at home and we should be doing better and at least scoring goals!

Ok, game over.

Not just disappointing this time. Poor.

Not sure where we go from this season. Players will no doubt be sold and we have no momentum, players we need irrespective of the inevitable sales and a manager who cannot get us going.

Hmmmmm

On the one hand, part of me is saying, it is against Arsenal, they're a good side, and they're probably (annoyingly for us) playing their best football of the season.

On the other hand, another game, another game where we haven't scored...

First half was OK, second half not good at all.

We need to beat Middlesbrough.

Hmmmmm

On the one hand, part of me is saying, it is against Arsenal, they're a good side, and they're probably (annoyingly for us) playing their best football of the season.

On the other hand, another game, another game where we haven't scored...

First half was OK, second half not good at all.

We need to beat Middlesbrough.

Is your unwavering support for Claude wavering? Surely not.

Complete ineptitude in the final quarter of the pitch cost us that game. Whether it was dreadful shooting, dreadful decision making or dreadful aimless crosses. We looked in the game for a long time but didn't show any sort of conviction once we got in and around the penalty box.

I'm finding it hard to single out a single player. I think the central midfield is our weakest position, because while we look solid enough with the three today, they offer no attacking threat, so when Tadic is woeful there isn't anyone to pick up the slack.

Can't help but feel that a team that can't convert attacking play into chances, or chances into goals, with a tendency to concede through a defensive lapse here and there (because we were decent defensively overall) are the sort of things you say about a team heading for relegation. Starting to lose faith a bit now.