Weekend other games

Shroppie

We didn't need VAR for that, just a competent official who can see.

All it will do it makes referees worse then they already are and give them more and more limelight, making it all about them. If they did their job properly we wouldn't need it.

we clearly needed var as the ref and lino gave the goal

If they're going to do VAR then it needs to be done right. That means officials trained in the process and quick camera feeds leading to quick decisions. A half-assed solution doesn't work, though maybe that's their goal to make it seem bad so it doesn't get put into the PL. There's no reason the officials can't reach a decision in 30 seconds 9 times out of 10. Offsides are easy to spot, handballs are easy to spot, a lot of penalties are easy to spot.

VVD - 75 million? What a joke footy has become. VVD looks terrible - hopefully the curse of LIverpool strikes again
Was listening to the game on the radio on the way home from our game, Joey Barton was absolutely crucifying VvD, at one point he said '75 million, I wouldn't give you £7.50 for him...!'

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

the trouble is, if you play sport at the highest level, you have to give 100% each game, concentrate each game and really think that any lapse will cost you.

VVD was injured for a good 6 months, came back and got used to giving 90%. He thought that would be good enough for a move, and it proved it was.

Unfortunately, he will now take 3 months to get back to 100% game speed. I doubt he will achieve that this year and it wouldn't surprise me if Klopp "rests" him before the end of this season.

He is a great player, but he has no idea how much he has damaged himself by playing half-heartedly since he came back from injury.

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.

It’s not about her being a bird, if a male had a voice like Bally’s it would be annoying, Motty is annoying, but she takes it to another level. It’s like being constantly nagged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually love hearing her as is so funny. She could be reading an Alan Partridge script. She is so bad she has cult appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42845588.app

Edit: actually not as bad as I remember so might have her confused with someone else from BT

Edited by whelk

bizarre Offside in the city game, goal ruled out.

Weird

no var in this game.... which if used would have given the goal

Dubious decision. Marginal whether the player was offside anyway. I can only assume that, as the shot passed close to his head, he was deemed to be active. But can't see that shot being saved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dubious decision. Marginal whether the player was offside anyway. I can only assume that, as the shot passed close to his head, he was deemed to be active. But can't see that shot being saved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He was onside.

God, just watching MoTD. That annoying bird commentating on West Ham, awful, just ****ing awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope that they are paying her as much as John Motson.

It is accepted that a low Hz voice is the best listenable style , some female voices are high register and really grate esp when they talk louder ! Also you can alter your TV etc to boost treble / bass to modify said voices.

Find this at school with kids, some female voices just wind them up, especially the lads. Some can get very shrill and shouty. Have used video to help colleagues to realise how they come across. One even went to a private voice coach. Now a head teacher.

Find this at school with kids, some female voices just wind them up, especially the lads. Some can get very shrill and shouty. Have used video to help colleagues to realise how they come across. One even went to a private voice coach. Now a head teacher.

Could they help my Mrs with her whining nagging voice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is accepted that a low Hz voice is the best listenable style , some female voices are high register and really grate esp when they talk louder ! Also you can alter your TV etc to boost treble / bass to modify said voices.
Very true, if you know anything about GSM quantization techniques this is also a major factor of the Huffman coding that is utilized.

Very true, if you know anything about GSM quantization techniques this is also a major factor of the Huffman coding that is utilized.

I think you may have got Saintsweb muddled up with your quantum physics website...

Hardly going to alter your sound settings for a 3 minutes segment! Just stick it on mute!