The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

Southgate's a tactical gimp. Games are won in midfield and we've had no midfield all tournament.

Henderson passes backwards, Lingard and Alli run away from the ball.

We haven't created any chances for Kane from open play in any game.

This one's done - heads have gone.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Great to get a first penalty shoot out win since Euro 96??

Got a bit lucky there though, big concerns as team was mentally weak after conceding. Too many players just wanted to turn backwards to the GK, players must step up - need much more attacking resolve and strength.

Still, we're through so job done.

Sweden looks like a draw all over and another shoot out IMO.

Bizarre game. Colombia not bothering to do anything but be filthy for 70 odd minutes. When they did bother to have a go they caused England all sorts of problems.

Glad England got through but they played extremely poorly, with exception of period during 2nd period of extra time Have to play a million times better to beat a good Sweden side. You’d think they wouldn’t be as stupid as Colombia.

Bizarre game. Colombia not bothering to do anything but be filthy for 70 odd minutes. When they did bother to have a go they caused England all sorts of problems.

Glad England got through but they played extremely poorly, with exception of period during 2nd period of extra time Have to play a million times better to beat a good Sweden side. You’d think they wouldn’t be as stupid as Colombia.

I thought we played really well for the majority of the match. Some very stupid mistakes as the team tired, but generally good, especially 1st half. Sterling the exception, obviously.

We really can’t rely on getting pens every game and have to offer a goal threat from open play. Starting Rashford instead of Sterling would be a start. Having said that, it wasn’t that long ago I thought we were out, so phew.

I thought we played really well for the majority of the match. Some very stupid mistakes as the team tired, but generally good, especially 1st half. Sterling the exception, obviously.

Dele Alli was arguably worse than Sterling.