Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

What’s interesting is that Trumps behavior the last few days, which he’s been absolutely lambasted for, is exactly the same behavior remainers Have portrayed since 2016, Yet He’s a w8nker and they were absolutely right to object to the result of a democratic vote.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Because your reply suggests You are opposed to a democratic vote. 

Nigel Farage said a few days before the Brexit vote that that if the referendum was close, for instance 52%-48% in favour of remain, his fight would go on.

Mind you, Trump certainly is a wanker, and a cnut ( how does that work ? )

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Nigel Farage said a few days before the Brexit vote that that if the referendum was close, for instance 52%-48% in favour of remain, his fight would go on.

Farage says a lot of stuff, but we aren’t talking about him, we’re talking about you. Happy to argue about the brexit vote bit happy to criticise trump for arguing about the result of his are we?

• Haha 1

Just now, Turkish said:

Farage says a lot of stuff, but we aren’t talking about him, we’re talking about you. Happy to argue about the brexit vote bit happy to criticise trump for arguing about the result of his are we?

I don't question the Brexit vote, I just think it will prove to be a mistake.

• Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

I don't question the Brexit vote, I just think it will prove to be a mistake.

Good lad, so you’re not one of the many thousands who screamed and cried and moaned for years and years and are now going on about what a c8nt trump is for doing exactly what they’ve done. Good to know.

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Good lad, so you’re not one of the many thousands who screamed and cried and moaned for years and years and are now going on about what a c8nt trump is for doing exactly what they’ve done. Good to know.

It would be the same if the people in charge of the remain campaign invented stories of voter fraud to try and get the result overturned. Not sure that happened.

• Like 4

Just now, aintforever said:

It would be the same if the people in charge of the remain campaign invented stories of voter fraud to try and get the result overturned. Not sure that happened.

Coming from someone who has cried most days about the Current democratically elected government and brexit this is hilarious.

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Brilliant. I didn’t even vote remain you bell-end. :lol:

Plenty of posts with you grizzle gutting about the democratically elected government though you bell-end, hows they paying whatever it takes it taxes working out. You made up your mind yet? 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Plenty of posts with you grizzle gutting about the democratically elected government though you bell-end, hows they paying whatever it takes it taxes working out. You made up your mind yet? 🤣

So moaning about a government is the same thing as the President of the USA inventing fraud stories to undermine their own democratic process.

face it, you are talking bollocks as usual.

• Like 4

Just now, aintforever said:

So moaning about a government is the same thing as the President of the USA inventing fraud stories to undermine their own democratic process.

face it, you are talking bollocks as usual.

Incorrect as usual. I’m talking about patterns of behavior and hypocrisy, which I know is something A lot of left wing people, such as yourself struggle to comprehend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Because your reply suggests You are opposed to a democratic vote. 

Trump has never won the popular vote, always a minority president. He’s a loser, fired, gone, failed, hopefully the first in a string of defeats for right wing poplarist politics.  It will be a long road but decent people have patience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Trump has never won the popular vote, always a minority president. He’s a loser, fired, gone, failed, hopefully the first in a string of defeats for right wing poplarist politics.  It will be a long road but decent people have patience.

He may be all those things but he was also the democratically elected leader of the US for 4 years. If you are opposed to that you are opposed to democracy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He may be all those things but he was also the democratically elected leader of the US for 4 years. If you are opposed to that you are opposed to democracy. 

All Trump's victory showed was if you are a beer swilling, gun toting, pickup driving, redneck, you'll never vote for a woman.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

All Trump's victory showed was if you are a beer swilling, gun toting, pickup driving, redneck, you'll never vote for a woman.

Again, all these things may be true, but it was a democratic vote, if you dont agree with it maybe you’d prefer the way China does it.

53 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It wasn't all down to that. Hilary Clinton is a particularly obnoxious and dislikable woman which I'm sure had ab awful lot to do with it as well. 

14 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Americans are fools!

If they had allowed the Russians to interfere they'd have had a result by now!  No chance the Russians would stand for this sloppiness!

Reminds me of a joke I heard on The Frost Report on TV in the late 1960s: "Somebody broke into the Kremlin last week and stole next year's election results."

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

What’s interesting is that Trumps behavior the last few days, which he’s been absolutely lambasted for, is exactly the same behavior remainers Have portrayed since 2016, Yet He’s a w8nker and they were absolutely right to object to the result of a democratic vote.........

There’s a massive difference between voters doing it and a party leader doing it. Your comparison to this would be David Cameron, who accepted the results, as have the majority of remainers btw

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Again, all these things may be true, but it was a democratic vote, if you dont agree with it maybe you’d prefer the way China do it.

You keep reminding us that DT won a democratic vote, and nobody is disputing it. I would, however, point out that Hitler came to power via democratic votes. Just because an electoral system presents a variation on Majority Rule, ( and Trump, like most US and UK leaders did not get a majority of the popular vote ), doesn't mean it's procedures and results can't be questioned.

23 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

You keep reminding us that DT won a democratic vote, and nobody is disputing it. I would, however, point out that Hitler came to power via democratic votes. Just because an electoral system presents a variation on Majority Rule, ( and Trump, like most US and UK leaders did not get a majority of the popular vote ), doesn't mean it's procedures and results can't be questioned.

Lol. Godwin's law! I guess if true you'll be full throated in the republican efforts to investigate the procedures and results? 

Edited by hypochondriac

27 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

You're off on this. DT was elected democratically, nothing to discuss. Hitler comparison is daft. 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

You're off on this. DT was elected democratically, nothing to discuss. Hitler comparison is daft. 

Why is it? He was elected democratically as well. He used exactly the same kind of populism and nationalistic ethnic scapegoating that Trump used to appeal to people's fears in order to gain support. The comparisons between them are quite blatant if you actually know your history.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Why is it? He was elected democratically as well. He used exactly the same kind of populism and nationalistic ethnic scapegoating that Trump used to appeal to people's fears in order to gain support. The comparisons between them are quite blatant if you actually know your history.

I know the history. Completely different times. Completely different countries. Completely different ethnic mixes. Completely different democratic systems. Completely different behaviour when in power. Otherwise, exactly the same. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, egg said:

Hitler was elected to power via democratic votes, asked to become Chancellor by President Hindenberg, but once in power began to corrupt and dismantle democratic processes and institutions.

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I know the history. Completely different times. Completely different countries. Completely different ethnic mixes. Completely different democratic systems. Completely different behaviour when in power. Otherwise, exactly the same. 

So you agree, Hitler came to power democratically. It may have been a "different system", but then the systems that elected BoJo, Macron, and Merkel are all democratic yet different.

3 hours ago, Barsiem said:

There’s a massive difference between voters doing it and a party leader doing it. Your comparison to this would be David Cameron, who accepted the results, as have the majority of remainers btw

Cameron quit mate, he called it on then ran away when he had to deal with what he created, that’s not accepting a vote it’s being a coward. Trump won’t accept the vote, neither would remainers, who screamed and cried every day since the referendum. We need another one because some people who voted have died now, some weren’t old enough and what about all those who didn’t vote, let’s count them as remain too. Then of course there are the more recent “not my prime minister” squinning. Sounds familiar to something that has been said this week doesn’t it....

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So you agree, Hitler came to power democratically. It may have been a "different system", but then the systems that elected BoJo, Macron, and Merkel are all democratic yet different.

I disagree that there is any point in mentioning in the same breath as Hitler. Completely different animals, and I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by highlighting that they were both voted in. Nobody doubts that. 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

I disagree that there is any point in mentioning in the same breath as Hitler. Completely different animals, and I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by highlighting that they were both voted in. Nobody doubts that. 

Except the backing of far right groups from both or Trump's father's membership of the KKK. The comparisons are perfectly reasonable.

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Cameron quit mate, he called it on then ran away when he had to deal with what he created, that’s not accepting a vote it’s being a coward. Trump won’t accept the vote, neither would remainers, who screamed and cried every day since the referendum. We need another one because some people who voted have died now, some weren’t old enough and what about all those who didn’t vote, let’s count them as remain too. Then of course there are the more recent “not my prime minister” squinning. Sounds familiar to something that has been said this week doesn’t it....

You’re twisting the argument to fit your narrative.  Cameron accepted the result.  The fact he quit afterwards has no relevance whatsoever.

16m voted remain, only a small proportion of which have “screamed and cried every day since”.  Of course these are the ones you hear from, as those who accept they lost have just got on with their lives.  However these remainers are not comparable to the POTUS

6 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

Except the backing of far right groups from both or Trump's father's membership of the KKK. The comparisons are perfectly reasonable.

So Trump’s fathers beliefs justify a Trump/Hitler comparison. I’m no Trump fan, but that’s a stretch.

29 minutes ago, egg said:

The point was made in response to repeated bleats of "Trump was elected democratically", as if everything else about him that is nauseous and repulsive is excused by that one simple fact. It isn't comparing Trump with Hitler, per se, but the potential for demcratic systems to be abused and manipulated, resulting in divisive and potentially dangerous outcomes.

Edited by badgerx16

12 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

You’re twisting the argument to fit your narrative.  Cameron accepted the result.  The fact he quit afterwards has no relevance whatsoever.

16m voted remain, only a small proportion of which have “screamed and cried every day since”.  Of course these are the ones you hear from, as those who accept they lost have just got on with their lives.  However these remainers are not comparable to the POTUS

Cameron quit because of the referendum result, he even said that in his resignation speech, that’s fact.

course they’re comparable, he won’t accept the result neither will they, if they criticise trump they are hypocrites.

Just now, badgerx16 said:

The point was made in response to repeated bleats of "Trump was elected democratially", as if everything else about him that is nauseous and repulsive is excused by that one simple fact.

No one has said that.