Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

For someone who frequently criticises people who talk politics on a football forum ITK, you seem to have taken to it like a Duckhunter to water!

I thought you didn’t post On here because of me, yet here you are posting about me yet again! Another hypocritical liar.

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The point was made in response to repeated bleats of "Trump was elected democratially", as if everything else about him that is nauseous and repulsive is excused by that one simple fact. It isn't comparing Trump with Hitler, per se, but the potential for demcratic systems to be abused and manipulated, resulting in divisive and potentially dangerous outcomes.

But to make a sensible comparison, there has to be broadly comparable and/or relevant context, otherwise its pointless. The only Trump / Hitler is that they were voted in. Beyond that there's as much relevance in comparing Trump to Hitler as there is comparing either to Dangermouse. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I suppose we'll never know, but I wander if Liebherr wanted a project. Wanted to make something better. He perhaps saw that the other clubs were at or close to their glass ceiling, but with us he couldn't fail to make us better. 

Wrong thread 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

I would say that’s exactly what it is. We were at rock bottom, the only way was up, not dissimilar to derby now, who as have been pointed out are pretty much as similar to saints in terms of stadium and fan base as you can get. The upside with them is far greater. Which is exactly what the original point was, from a purely business perspective. 

How the hell did that quote pop up on this thread?! 

I get that, but I'll pop it on the correct thread. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Cameron quit because of the referendum result, he even said that in his resignation speech, that’s fact.

course they’re comparable, he won’t accept the result neither will they, if they criticise trump they are hypocrites.

My last post on the subject but I'm sure you're aware that quitting because you don't agree with something is not the same as not accepting it as reality... 

Cameron also said when he resigned the country needed a party leader to deliver the referendum result. Hardly the words of someone not accepting the results of said referendum

1 minute ago, Barsiem said:

My last post on the subject but I'm sure you're aware that quitting because you don't agree with something is not the same as not accepting it as reality... 

Cameron also said when he resigned the country needed a party leader to deliver the referendum result. Hardly the words of someone not accepting the results of said referendum

Yes he did say that, because he didn’t like the result. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

But to make a sensible comparison, there has to be broadly comparable and/or relevant context, otherwise its pointless. The only Trump / Hitler is that they were voted in. Beyond that there's as much relevance in comparing Trump to Hitler as there is comparing either to Dangermouse. 

This is becoming somewhat repetitive. Trump was elected democratically, Hitler was elected democratically. Does the first fact legitimise Trump any more than the second legitimised AH ? Being elected does not mean your actions and behaviours are beyond scrutiny.

I'm not normally one to laugh at people with mental health issues but Trump's tweets are getting increasingly off the wall. "BAD THINGS HAPPENED!" "I WON THIS ELECTION BY A LOT!" I'm amazed that (half of) an apparently educated nation can see him as anything other than a lunatic.

• Like 2

This is becoming somewhat repetitive. Trump was elected democratically, Hitler was elected democratically. Does the first fact legitimise Trump any more than the second legitimised AH ? Being elected does not mean your actions and behaviours are beyond scrutiny.

Yep, repetitive. Both loons. Both democratically elected. Otherwise completely different. I'm not sure what there is to discuss. 

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

It would be nice if the Hitler comparison stood up more and he and his squealing kids took the cyanide option. 

You’re thinking of the Goebbels’. Besides, I don’t think Trump would do anything that noble. He seems more like a Bormann or Eichmann type, he’ll try and do a runner and be sentenced to death in absentia. 

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You’re thinking of the Goebbels’. Besides, I don’t think Trump would do anything that noble. He seems more like a Bormann or Eichmann type, he’ll try and do a runner and be sentenced to death in absentia. 

He took cyanide and then shot himself. Well was how I was told in school

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The point was made in response to repeated bleats of "Trump was elected democratically", as if everything else about him that is nauseous and repulsive is excused by that one simple fact. It isn't comparing Trump with Hitler, per se, but the potential for demcratic systems to be abused and manipulated, resulting in divisive and potentially dangerous outcomes.

If a democratic system is abused and manipulated, does it still remain democratic?

Edited by Weston Super Saint

15 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Has Boris found reverse gear yet or is he still cosying up to the orange one while pissing off the next President?

My theory is that Sir Boris the Brave has negotiated a highly highly lucrative contract with the Tory party. It's enough to pay his debts, divorce bill, feed his kids and have somewhere to live - so we're talking huge. All this IF he takes full personal responsibility for backing the wrong horse in US politics, fucking up negotiations with the EU / Brexit fallout; across the board covid omnishambles and the biggest pile of debt and no plan every faced. It's got to be deliberate That way his successor can almost credibly claim - 'nothing to do with me guv' 

Or maybe he's just useless. Either

Edited by buctootim
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Nigel Farage said a few days before the Brexit vote that that if the referendum was close, for instance 52%-48% in favour of remain, his fight would go on.

Course it would go on you plank, he’s not going to give up the fight. Just as the sweatys who want to leave the UK continue to fight for that aim and remain supports will fight to leave . What is different is people using parliamentary and legal proceedings to stop the vote from being enacted in the first place . Anyone who thinks Gina Miller, Grievence and other assorted euro headbangers  were only interested in ensuring a correct & orderly Brexit is deluded, they were trying to tie the process in knots until the whole thing was abandoned. If they could have got away with it, they’d have stopped it dead.

As for Trump there is absolutely no doubt there’s been fraud, and that postal voting is nowhere near as “clean” as turning up on the day. There will be examples of dead people voting, of people voting numerous times, of “community leaders” harvesting votes, and other dodgy practises. These won’t make any difference to the result & nothing has been stolen from Trump. However, there is the wider issue that these things should be unacceptable, to turn a blind eye because they’re not election changing is complacent and wrong. Something needs doing about it if only to reassure the losing parties. Turning up at the polls, unless you’re physically unable to, and proving you are who you say you are, should be the bare minimum required. You have to ask yourself why certain parties seem to think this is an outrageous thing to propose. 

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

Good lad, so you’re not one of the many thousands who screamed and cried and moaned for years and years and are now going on about what a c8nt trump is for doing exactly what they’ve done. Good to know.

I didn’t say I was leaving. I said I wasn’t posting so much because of posters like you. Get your facts straight.

As for democracy, when does a vote become “absolute”? I don’t know if you are old enough to remember but the country voted to join the EU. What happened to democratic veracity of that decision? You seem to ignore that because it doesn’t suit your purpose. If you we were to have had another referendum last year and the majority was in favour of staying, you would not have accepted that would you? No more than Farage would have accepted a defeat in the first referendum (according to his own words).  The good thing about our democracy is that if we want to kick out a government every few years we can. We can’t keep leaving and rejoining the EU so why should one referendum mean more than another, or is it just a case of let’s keep voting until I get the decision I want? You make that argument against the Remainers but the point is we had a referendum and we voted to join. You had every right to moan about that decision just as those who voted to stay have every right to complain now.

There is a massive difference here. Trump is the president and has been voted out whether he likes it or not. I don’t recall Cameron throwing his dummy out of the pram when he lost. In fact he did the decent thing and resigned. Trump needs to accept the defeat with good grace and let his stormtroopers do the dummy throwing for him. Still, I suspect that, as a narcissist yourself, you have plenty of sympathy for Donald. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Course it would go on you plank,......

If in doubt, resort to playground taunts.

And in the current circumstaces you cannot blame people for preferring to avail themselves of the facility for postal ballots.

Edited by badgerx16

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I didn’t say I was leaving. I said I wasn’t posting so much because of posters like you. Get your facts straight.

As for democracy, when does a vote become “absolute”? I don’t know if you are old enough to remember but the country voted to join the EU. What happened to democratic veracity of that decision? You seem to ignore that because it doesn’t suit your purpose. If you we were to have had another referendum last year and the majority was in favour of staying, you would not have accepted that would you? No more than Farage would have accepted a defeat in the first referendum (according to his own words).  The good thing about our democracy is that if we want to kick out a government every few years we can. We can’t keep leaving and rejoining the EU so why should one referendum mean more than another, or is it just a case of let’s keep voting until I get the decision I want? You make that argument against the Remainers but the point is we had a referendum and we voted to join. You had every right to moan about that decision just as those who voted to stay have every right to complain now.

There is a massive difference here. Trump is the president and has been voted out whether he likes it or not. I don’t recall Cameron throwing his dummy out of the pram when he lost. In fact he did the decent thing and resigned. Trump needs to accept the defeat with good grace and let his stormtroopers do the dummy throwing for him. Still, I suspect that, as a narcissist yourself, you have plenty of sympathy for Donald. 

You weren’t posting so much because of posters like me, yet most of your posts are about me or in reply to me, I see you were posting about me on TUI again the other day, you’re obsessed mate!

as for a second referendum it would only because of all the grizzle gutting by you and your type, you having the neck to give trump any grief is hilarious, you have a lot more in common with him than you like to think.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

If in doubt, resort to playground taunts.

And in the current circumstaces you cannot blame people for preferring to avail themselves of the facility for postal ballots.

Apologies, the plank thing was uncalled for. 

In normal situations do you think most people should vote in person, proving who they are. That only people physically incapable of doing so, should have a postal vote. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You weren’t posting so much because of posters like me, yet most of your posts are about me or in reply to me, I see you were posting about me on TUI again the other day, you’re obsessed mate!

as for a second referendum it would only because of all the grizzle gutting by you and your type, you having the neck to give trump any grief is hilarious, you have a lot more in common with him than you like to think.

You have proved my point about narcissism. The only person obsessed with you is you.

Duckie - fair point. I said EU because I didn’t think that many people would remember the Common Market but hold my hands up.

26 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

In normal situations do you think most people should vote in person, proving who they are. That only people physically incapable of doing so, should have a postal vote. 

You still have to prove who you are in a postal vote. The counting centre has to reconcile the ballot signature with the one they hold on record. Thats why it takes so long. 

Some states limit in person voting to those who can produce photo ID - and the poor and young and old tend not to have drivers licenses or passports. Other states you can vote just with a utility bill. Lets not pretend there is some particular problem with the Democrats as many of the laxest states are Republican led.   

In Europe most countries have a free national ID card. That doesn't exist in the UK or US. The real question is how do you get the right balance between preventing fraud and preventing legitimate voters from being able to vote.  

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx#Details   

Edited by buctootim

19 minutes ago, buctootim said:

The real question is how do you get the right balance between preventing fraud and preventing legitimate voters from being able to vote.  

Asking people to show id is reasonable, it’s 2020 for gods sake. Labour want id to attend their conference, but don’t think it’s fair that voters provide it. Why do you think that is? 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Asking people to show id is reasonable, it’s 2020 for gods sake. Labour want id to attend their conference, but don’t think it’s fair that voters provide it. Why do you think that is? 

What ID is reasonable to be able to vote? What are reasonable steps for postal votes? 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

In normal situations, yes.

There was something on CNN a couple of days ago where one of the commentators said the whole postal ballot thing has been set up by the Trump campaign, going out and telling their supporters to vote in person knowing that Biden would say the opposite. The Trump campaign could then, knowing that the vast majority of postal ballots would be Democrat voters, play the whole fraud klaxon at full volume because they wouldn't be affected.

Edited by badgerx16

In normal situations, yes.

There was something on CNN a couple of days ago where one of the commentators said the whole postal ballot thing has been set up by the Trump campaign, going out and telling their supporters to vote in person knowing that Biden would say the opposite. The Trump campaign could then, knowing that the vast majority of postal ballots would be Democrat voters, play the whole fraud klaxon at full volume because they wouldn't be affected.

I agree. Its stupid and Trump should just concede. The whole voting system in America is completely open to fraud though regardless of this result. Insane that each state has different rules for voting. 

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree. Its stupid and Trump should just concede. The whole voting system in America is completely open to fraud though regardless of this result. Insane that each state has different rules for voting. 

Proving their independence from central Government. Which is also why a lot of the proposed legal challenges will never get to the US Supreme Court, they will get no further than the relevant state's SC. The national Court doesn't like imposing in what is a local issue.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You have proved my point about narcissism. The only person obsessed with you is you.

Duckie - fair point. I said EU because I didn’t think that many people would remember the Common Market but hold my hands up.

Okay mate, it’s perfectly normal behavior to be talking Constantly about someone you’ve never met across Two different football forums. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Don’t agree I’m afraid. It’s a union of states. States should be free to set their own criteria. 

All it does is create this mess where you have different voting software and reports of errors from that in different counties, differing cutoff points for voting, voting still going on whilst results are being reported elsewhere. Etc etc. They need some overarching principles to ensure there is confidence in the voting process on both sides and also to minimise the chances of people like the Trump regime trying to litigate his way to victory. 

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

All it does is create this mess where you have different voting software and reports of errors from that in different counties, differing cutoff points for voting, voting still going on whilst results are being reported elsewhere. Etc etc. They need some overarching principles to ensure there is confidence in the voting process on both sides and also to minimise the chances of people like the Trump regime trying to litigate his way to victory. 

The states protect their independence passionately, it’s not going to happen. 

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Whilst I agree that it would be better to have standardised procedures in every state, I don't think that any of the current rules allow any on-going voting when results are being reported elsewhere...

The last opportunity to vote is by mailing your vote on election day (in the states that allow that), but the first results do not get reported until the day after the election...

It will be interesting to see if the orange one continues with this voter fraud bullshit even after the full results come in. It looks like Biden will end up with 5 mill plus more of the popular vote and around 70 more college votes so whatever happened in Philadelphia would be irrelevant anyway.

Not enough has been written about the glorious hilarity of Giuliani's press conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

Clearly, if you're launching a high-stakes legal challenge, the parking lot of a landscaping company in a back-street industrial park, next to a dildo shop is definitely where you hold your press conference. The last thing you want to do is hold it at a hotel of the same name, in case people get confused.

9 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It will be interesting to see if the orange one continues with this voter fraud bullshit even after the full results come in. It looks like Biden will end up with 5 mill plus more of the popular vote and around 70 more college votes so whatever happened in Philadelphia would be irrelevant anyway.

He will always continue to spout it, even when the legal actions are finished. 

He will claim to have had the BEST US election ever because he got the most popular votes ever, apart from Sleepy Joe the FRAUD! who cheated bigly with some TREMENDOUS BAD things.

Edited by benjii

27 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That makes voter fraud ok then. Provided someone wins by a lot, who cares if it’s proven dead people voted. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The states protect their independence passionately, it’s not going to happen. 

I agree it won't happen but I didn't say it would. All I'm saying is that situations lime this are bound to happen during voting time with the current system they have. 

Comical that people are even talking about voter fraud.  So disrespectful to those who made sure it was secure and erodes any trust in democracy.

But that is where we are these days. Look at mugs now here giving it an ounce of credence. Useful idiots indeed.

I don’t know where this will all end as it can never go back to being civil and respectful. These cunts woudl probably even get a few to not believe in gravity if Trump tweeted it was a fraud.

• Like 1

Brendan O’Neill, spot on again. 

The great irony of the current liberal fury with Trump and some of his supporters for casting aspersions on the 2020 election is that these same liberals did far worse things to democracy over the past four years. They make Trump look like a rank amateur when it comes to throwing a temper tantrum over a democratic outcome. Their temper tantrum lasted for four years. In the US, the elites went berserk, fantasising that evil Ruskies seized victory from Hillary. In the UK, the Remainer elites used every trick in the book – from court cases to parliamentary intrigue to gatherings of vast numbers of middle-class anti-democrats in the streets – to try to prevent the enactment of 17.4million votes for Brexit. Their criticisms of Trump’s behaviour are laughably hypocritical.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Comical that people are even talking about voter fraud.  So disrespectful to those who made sure it was secure and erodes any trust in democracy.

But that is where we are these days. Look at mugs now here giving it an ounce of credence. Useful idiots indeed.

I don’t know where this will all end as it can never go back to being civil and respectful. These cunts woudl probably even get a few to not believe in gravity if Trump tweeted it was a fraud.

I mean voter fraud probably did occur (it's not without precedent at all during elections in America) but not on any sort of scale where it would have affected the result. 

31 minutes ago, StDunko said:

Whilst I agree that it would be better to have standardised procedures in every state, I don't think that any of the current rules allow any on-going voting when results are being reported elsewhere...

In such a large country I think that it is inevitable that some people are still voting whilst results are being announced. eg Hawaii is many hours behind the east coast.

Nevertheless the implication from Trump that voting is going on which is fraudulent is just another example of how that bloke is suffering from some sort of mental illness. What I particularly find amusing about his claims is that the states which saw fraudulent activities are all states which had not voted for him, some of them have voting processes and procedures laid down by Republicans and the frauds only relate to Presidential  voting. Voting for the House and the Senate were not subject to fraud. The bloke is a fruit case!!