Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

11 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Might take your comments seriously if you could avoid using insulting terms like 'remoaner' and 'Lib Dumbs'. Call it as it is, you are making a serious point and adding to the debate, but the fact you have to resort to downright rudeness and dismissiveness towards those who simply do not agree with you devalues your opinion.

Remoaners and Lib Dumbs is pretty mild stuff compared to some of the insults hurled at those on here who voted to leave the failing EU and who are deemed by them to be on the right of the political spectrum. I don't recall you calling out those who called posters village idiot, gammons, thick, etc.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

we understand your zeal for Brexit but read the thread title.

what do you think of Trump?

It was Timmy and Saint1977 who took the topic onto Brexit, LD and I just responded.

I have already posted my opinion on Trump and Biden before. Essentially it is that Trump is a buffoon, but has done some good things for the USA. Biden is pretty well senile. There isn't much to choose between them, and I marvel at the American's inability to come up with two better candidates than them, but I would always favour the Republicans over the Democrats politically.

3 hours ago, egg said:

Interesting. I'm the opposite. The merits of the deal are academic. It was a deal that the USA and others entered into freely with Iran who honoured the deal. 

His arrogance was unbelievable, and created much more instability than the deal itself. 

Iran (like North Korea) would not use a nuke in anger. They'd be blown off the face if the earth if they did. Its understandable that they want the deterrent of a nuke. 

Who's to say they wouldn't want that, if they took Israel with them?

I'm not saying Trump is a force for peace in the region but if the Iranians were just paying the treaty lip service, whilst continuing to develop missiles and enriched uranium for 'peaceful purposes' then it's all a bit Neville Chamberlain. I know it's understandable that they'd want a nuke but under no circumstances should they be allowed to have one.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

But is he beating Trump in that race ?

Quite possibly he might be. But then again, Clinton was beating him in the polls last time around too. I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to polls, as you probably know. Where Trump is shown to be bit of a buffoon in the left-wing biased media over there, there is very possibly a large element who tell pollsters that they are voting Biden, but who intend to vote Trump. When there is apparently a Biden polling majority of around 9% or so, it depends on how many of those secret Trump voters there are. 

5 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

This has gone right over your head, soggy. Kamala Harris has a husband, not a wife. It was just another incident demonstrating that Biden is fast approaching senility.

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

But is he beating Trump in that race ?

1 hour ago, Wes Tender said:

Quite possibly he might be. But then again, Clinton was beating him in the polls last time around too. I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to polls, as you probably know. Where Trump is shown to be bit of a buffoon in the left-wing biased media over there, there is very possibly a large element who tell pollsters that they are voting Biden, but who intend to vote Trump. When there is apparently a Biden polling majority of around 9% or so, it depends on how many of those secret Trump voters there are. 

Doh. You call out Soggy and then promptly do the same thing yourself. Badger was making a funny about Trump beating Biden in the senility race.   

The problem is Wes you are up there with both of them. Not yet dementia but no longer able to deal with situations which require processing multiple pieces of information; confusion; repetitive, slightly infantile phrasing - even copying a point I made about Trump voters masking intentions.     

Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-12.44.18.png

Edited by buctootim

25 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Ok, let’s start giving in our predictions. 

I predict that Trump will win with what will “technically” be classed as a landslide. 

I can imagine almost any outcome apart from a Trump landslide.

Four years ago he was seen as the super effective businessman from the Apprentice who was going to shake up those know nothing career politicians and the establishment. Now he's just another politician seeking re-election on the back of a lacklustre at best track record. Demographics have continued to move against him. I think his time is done. Even being up against Biden, who was wooden and limited 12 years ago as VP and hasn't aged well won't be enough to save him. 

Hearing Obama speak the other day was a reminder just how bad they both are. Actually worse than that, just how bad they are going to be in four years time          

Edited by buctootim

Biden to win by over 100 electoral votes - maybe more. Trump has been toast for a long time and it is only the knowledge of what happened last time that prevents the polls that put Biden ahead from being taken even more seriously.

Nate Silver's website below gives a great way of estimating the likely outcome. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-election-map/?cid=abcnews

Edited by Tamesaint

43 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Doh. You call out Soggy and then promptly do the same thing yourself. Badger was making a funny about Trump beating Biden in the senility race.   

The problem is Wes you are up there with both of them. Not yet dementia but no longer able to deal with situations which require processing multiple pieces of information; confusion; repetitive, slightly infantile phrasing - even copying a point I made about Trump voters masking intentions.     

Oh, pardon me for believing that the "race" that he was talking about was the race towards senility instead of the race towards the Presidency. 🙄 How silly it must have been of me to believe that a mention of a race between Trump and Biden did not refer to the race to the Presidency, when there was no smiley/winkey thing to indicate that the comment was supposed to be his attempt at humour?

Regarding the rest of your little diatribe, it is the usual patronising arrogance that I expect to read from you, and you really must be deluding yourself if you believe for one second that the point I made about the shyness of voters being polled admitting that they were going to vote for Trump was filched from you. I have followed the debate about the elections quite thoroughly, and don't need to be told by you what my views should be, thank you.

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Trumps biggest win was in nominating 3 judges to the Supreme Court, this means his influence will be felt for a long time & could change the country quite considerably. 

Nah. It's just another example of how acting in bad faith and breaking down government by consensus comes back to bite you. Biden will simply pass legislation to increase the number of Supreme Court judges and then appoint three or more Democrats. 

2 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

Oh, pardon me for believing that the "race" that he was talking about was the race towards senility instead of the race towards the Presidency. 🙄 How silly it must have been of me to believe that a mention of a race between Trump and Biden did not refer to the race to the Presidency, when there was no smiley/winkey thing to indicate that the comment was supposed to be his attempt at humour?

Even in that first sentence you've made a mistake and got it round the wrong way. Anyhow Badger made the joke assuming it would be obvious to everyone. I got it, presumably other people got it. You didn't. Ergo...

Just now, buctootim said:

Even in that first sentence you've made a mistake and got it round the wrong way. Anyhow Badger made the joke assuming it would be obvious to everyone. I got it, presumably other people got it. You didn't. Ergo...

So the sentence the right way around should have been that it was a race for the Presidency, instead of a race towards senility, right? That's what I took the post to mean, so it seems that you are a little confused.

And you are sufficiently arrogant to assume that just because you agreed with a nuance of a post, that everybody else must have got it too. Ergo, a smiley/winkey thing would have made it clear what he meant. Thanks for the cartoon you added to your earlier post in an edit. It brings some much needed levity to your usual dull opinions.

1 minute ago, Wes Tender said:

So the sentence the right way around should have been that it was a race for the Presidency, instead of a race towards senility, right? That's what I took the post to mean, so it seems that you are a little confused.

Ffs stop digging Major. 

Biden will win with a comfortable Electoral College majority. I would predict he will win Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin and possibly Georgia (depending on turnout).

As I said previously, keep an eye out for Florida on the night - if it goes to Biden then that's the whole shooting match (although it's important to recognise that the networks won't declare the final result of the whole election).

Something else which I hadn't really thought of until this morning was if the Dems win the senate, then DC and Puerto Rico will probably be granted Statehood. Meaning four more VERY Democratic Senators. I actually think that is more likely and less controversial than 'Court packing'.

Trump got very lucky in being able to appoint 3 Supreme Court justices, but it is very rare (even for a single term President) to not get an opportunity to appoint at least one. Despite some on the Democratic side being concerned with a 6-3 split, the chances are that Biden will get at least one chance to make it a 5-4 split. If the Dems can expand the Union and keep hold of the Senate in 2022 I would suspect that by 2026 it may even be reversed. 

The other alternative is to add term limits to SCOTUS appointments; which again becomes easier with a Senate majority.

1 minute ago, edprice1984 said:

The other alternative is to add term limits to SCOTUS appointments; which again becomes easier with a Senate majority.

You'd think age limits would be universally accepted. The mandatory Judicial retirement age in the UK is 70 and that seems about right to me.   

Oh and for all of Biden's shortcomings - he is clearly not senile or suffering from dementia.

I actually think that those kinds of attacks are pretty reprehensible from the Republicans. There is plenty to criticise about Biden, he is a little like Theresa May in that I don't really see any personal conviction or a strong political belief system. That isn't necessarily a bad thing by the way; but if you are aiming to be President, I do believe you should have some keystone political ambitions that you want to enact - Trump at least wanted to do stuff (I think all of it is either stupid, pointless or in some cases counter-productive, but you knew what he wanted).

Hypo asked what, if anything, you can give credit to Trump or at least his administration for. Certainly the recent Middle East peace deals are very impressive (although ironically tied to arm sales) and I would also argue that re-jigging of NAFTA was also a win. There are probably a few other things, but they are very much drowned out by the constant horrific noise from Trump himself and the fact that it appears no-one is able to put any sort of competent media campaign together.

You would like to think the high turnout should favour Biden, think I would lose faith in humanity if people were queuing around the block to keep that fucktard Trump in power.

I don’t take much interest in foreign politics and couldn’t give the slightest shit wether the US has a left or right wing government, won’t make any difference to my life. But for the sake of the battle against climate change, Trump needs to go. 

I expect Biden will win comfortably, but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the US. It’s amazing how out of the whole of the US it has come to a choice between these two old fossils. Makes the choice between Corbyn and Bozo seem almost normal.

Edited by aintforever

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Still interested to hear if you think he did anything that you thought was positive. 

His tweets about Kim amused me that was it.

He an obnoxious cunt and seriously cannot think of one redeeming feature. Hopelessly out of his depth as everyone close to him acknowledges but can satisfy enough of a low attention span insular nation with sound bites and bs. 

18 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Here's a question for those who dislike Trump. As the Trump presidency likely draws to a close, do you think there have been any positives about his presidency? I'd have to say that one major positive is shunning any extra wars. There were dire predictions about nuclear war and he's done pretty well on that score. I'd be interested to hear from those who really dislike him, is there any policy or political move that you agree with or that you think has been positive? 

Not a fan of Trump at all but in the interests of balance the First Step Act had strong bi-partisan support (rare) in leading to more sensible federal incarceration terms and reducing some of the more silly impractical aspects eg a defendant could get a much larger sentence for one form of drug use than another. More funding was offered for job specific retraining and rehabilitation and some of the worst aspects of prison treatment eg shackling pregnant women was struck out.

Space Force didn’t get a lot of headlines but brought together in a programme a diverse range of agencies who had fragmented responsibilities for protecting US assets in outer space. May not get people’s pulses going on here but important with China’s habit of IP related violations and a lot of non-superpower nations getting into space in a more visible way.

I’m not a fan of either party being able to appoint judges to the Supreme and Federal Courts but Trump has been able to use the system effectively. 3 Supreme Court hires and 220 to the Federal benches is one of the biggest changes a President has made and tilts the judiciary in a Conservative direction for a substantial number of years.

Tax reforms were a mixed bag and any gains wiped out by the mis-handling of COVID.

Debits are every time he was in social media, COVID (catastrophic and will cost him), Charlottesville, lack of police reform (sad when you consider the progressive and pragmatic First Step Act), affordable care act (a broader failure by the Republicans which has hurt his core base) and some of his interventions in the Middle East eg Syria. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Bet he doesn’t. 

Maybe / probably not tbf. But he should limit terms. It’s crazy that you have political appointments to the highest court in the land and they could potentially have 30-40 years there making a bigger impact than 90% of elected senators or representatives 

Biden will win but not by enough that Trump won't stop moaning about electoral fraud. He'll then barricade himself in the oval office and refuse to leave the White House, living on nothing but lucky charms and full fat coke while tweeting "MAGA MAGA MAGA" over and over for months. 

19 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Biden will win but not by enough that Trump won't stop moaning about electoral fraud. He'll then barricade himself in the oval office and refuse to leave the White House, living on nothing but lucky charms and full fat coke while tweeting "MAGA MAGA MAGA" over and over for months. 

This is looking the likely outcome. We won't know for weeks, during which time, I expect all mail in ballots will be 'scrutinized'.

aven't read this thread at all for a long time, but thought some might like this prediction page. With Trump's recent improvements in key states, I had the whole election coming down to wat appens in Pennsylvania.

I think things could go either way right now and after 2016, I certainly wouldn't bet against another Trump victory.

https://www.270towin.com/

Just now, norwaysaint said:

aven't read this thread at all for a long time, but thought some might like this prediction page. With Trump's recent improvements in key states, I had the whole election coming down to wat appens in Pennsylvania.

I think things could go either way right now and after 2016, I certainly wouldn't bet against another Trump victory.

https://www.270towin.com/

My H key is playing up. I'm not trying to sound like a geezer.

I think that both Trump and Biden are perfect examples of why there should be an upper age limit for candidates.

I.M.H.O. when I listen to them I am horrified that they are either in or want to be in charge of nuclear weapons.

As for the two "running mates" are they really the best both sides could drag up?? I think all four of these people

are pathetic and as for Congress and the Senate old timers..... words fail me.

Pathetic that Trump endorsed his thugs causing a security issue in Texas trying to barricade Biden. Animals, somebody could have seriously hurt and one of his loons actually tried to crash a car into it.

if that type of partisan behaviour ever spreads to UK Elections, we’ve had it as a civilisation. The worst we’ve ever had is an egg at Hedge End Sainsbury’s or a pint from a farmer in Wales. Hope it stays that way. 

Those idiots were no better than the Millwall thugs that smashed up Luton in 1985, and probably similar political views. Has to be a concern of serious outbreaks of disorder. Especially in a country with that many guns loose. 

17 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Pathetic that Trump endorsed his thugs causing a security issue in Texas trying to barricade Biden. Animals, somebody could have seriously hurt and one of his loons actually tried to crash a car into it.

if that type of partisan behaviour ever spreads to UK Elections, we’ve had it as a civilisation. The worst we’ve ever had is an egg at Hedge End Sainsbury’s or a pint from a farmer in Wales. Hope it stays that way. 

Those idiots were no better than the Millwall thugs that smashed up Luton in 1985, and probably similar political views. Has to be a concern of serious outbreaks of disorder. Especially in a country with that many guns loose. 

I would expect to see various dog whistles from Trump encouraging disorder tomorrow. Anything that plays into the narrative that the election was not properly conducted will be welcomed regardless of the wider impact.

You remember at recent UK elections, where they were expecting close results and all the media were going to set up studios in front of parliament, while there was confusion of how to form a government. Then the results rolled in and it was a clear cut victory, and they all quietly packed up and went home? Well thats whats going to happen this year. In rural Ohio and Iowa you are not seeing the signs for Trump you did 4 years ago, in fact its pretty even in the areas you would expect Trump to easily carry.

My prediction is Biden takes Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, Arizona (and Texas - I am least confident on this one, but think its possible)

Trump keeps Ohio, Georgia and North Carolina.

Democrats also get the senate and increase the house.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, benjii said:

I would expect to see various dog whistles from Trump encouraging disorder tomorrow. Anything that plays into the narrative that the election was not properly conducted will be welcomed regardless of the wider impact.

TBF I think you'll see rioting whatever the result is tomorrow. Makes you glad you don't live there. 

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

TBF I think you'll see rioting whatever the result is tomorrow. Makes you glad you don't live there. 

Funny that majority think that the rest of the world would love to live there.  Even if you doubled my salary I wouldn’t want to move there. Have lived there for bit years ago. Always been a little fcked up but seems out of control now.

• Like 1

Just now, whelk said:

Funny that majority think that the rest of the world would love to live there.  Even if you doubled my salary I wouldn’t want to move there. Have lived there for bit years ago. Always been a little fcked up but seems out of control now.

I love having a look on holiday as there's some lovely parts. I also did a house swap quite a few years ago with a family from South Carolina and that was great. You'd never want to actually move there permenently though unless you're from some third world country or something. So many odd things like guns, healthcare, hardcore religion etc that the average brit would just jot be able to relate to. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

You remember at recent UK elections, where they were expecting close results and all the media were going to set up studios in front of parliament, while there was confusion of how to form a government. Then the results rolled in and it was a clear cut victory, and they all quietly packed up and went home? Well thats whats going to happen this year. In rural Ohio and Iowa you are not seeing the signs for Trump you did 4 years ago, in fact its pretty even in the areas you would expect Trump to easily carry.

My prediction is Biden takes Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, Arizona (and Texas - I am least confident on this one, but think its possible)

Trump keeps Ohio, Georgia and North Carolina.

Democrats also get the senate and increase the house.

I don't see Florida, Iowa or Texas going Dem, but the rust belt states, I think will flip back.

House retained and Senate taken.

Oh, and lots of votes voided by the courts, so none of the above will actually happen.

22 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I love having a look on holiday as there's some lovely parts. I also did a house swap quite a few years ago with a family from South Carolina and that was great. You'd never want to actually move there permenently though unless you're from some third world country or something. So many odd things like guns, healthcare, hardcore religion etc that the average brit would just jot be able to relate to. 

I can see the attraction of moving, if not permanently then semi permanently.  Large American cities are mostly so so but there are some amazing small towns and villages in commuting distance  with great free schools and healthcare provided by the employer with no co-pay.

I've got an American friend who used to do exactly the same job as me for exactly the same money, except I was primarily UK based and she was US. We both commuted on the train for about an hour - me to Victoria London and her to Grand Central NYC. But her quality of life was so much better. Both our houses are worth almost the same amount - but I have a 1960s house on an estate in an okay but not beautiful Sussex village, she lives on the side of a lake on a 1 acre plot in a colonial in Katonah upstate NY.  She eats great restaurant lunches everyday, I eat at Pret or Leon. She has a massive pension fund, I don't        

3 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I can see the attraction of moving, if not permanently then semi permanently.  Large American cities are mostly so so but there are some amazing small towns and villages in commuting distance  with great free schools and healthcare provided by the employer with no co-pay.

I've got an American friend who used to do exactly the same job as me for exactly the same money, except I was primarily UK based and she was US. We both commuted on the train for about an hour - me to Victoria London and her to Grand Central NYC. But her quality of life was so much better. Both our houses are worth almost the same amount - but I have a 1960s house on an estate in an okay but not beautiful Sussex village, she lives on the side of a lake on a 1 acre plot in a colonial in Katonah upstate NY.  She eats great restaurant lunches everyday, I eat at Pret or Leon. She has a massive pension fund, I don't        

My healthcare is subsidized by 50% by my employer (my family are not covered...that's about $900 per month for them). It's affordable (for me) but if I get very ill, I would still have to pay out $3500 'deductible' before costs are subsidized 80% by the insurance company. That can then run into 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. It varies by employer. My colonoscopy a few years ago cost me, out of pocket, about $1000 and a recent stress test with ultrasound was $700. It's a very sick system and I don't see any change happening.

7 minutes ago, LVSaint said:

My healthcare is subsidized by 50% by my employer (my family are not covered...that's about $900 per month for them). It's affordable (for me) but if I get very ill, I would still have to pay out $3500 'deductible' before costs are subsidized 80% by the insurance company. That can then run into 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. It varies by employer. My colonoscopy a few years ago cost me, out of pocket, about $1000 and a recent stress test with ultrasound was $700. It's a very sick system and I don't see any change happening.

Yep to be clear I wasn't defending the US healthcare system which is awful or referring to all employers. I was only referencing the charitable US employer we both worked for and who unusually covered all healthcare costs. It cost them a fortune, something like 28% on top of pay.    

Edited by buctootim

52 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

There’s a correlation between democrats winning the US election and a Brit winning the F1 world championship going back to the 1950s so it’s looking good for Biden.

There is also a correlation between being left handed and being President - Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama were, pretty amazing odds considering we're only 10% of the population. Out of luck this time. 

• Like 1