Liverpool vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Guess its a cliche, but this wont get turned around (if ever) until Gao, Kreuger and Reed are a dim and distant memory. Its simply not about the manager anymore, its about who has the deepest pockets.

Maybe this is just the natural order of things re-instating itself.

Really wonder where we'd be if Markus was still with us.

Second half could get genuinely embarrassing. We haven't actually looked bad overall, but the dippers are this year's club to have bought the title, they look as nailed on for it as citeh did last season.

Don’t fcking mention Moyes.

Edit: Sorry quoted wrong post. Although don’t mention Moyes Scotty

How have we managed to stockpile 5 average-**** centre backs. Scrap that, whole ****ing squad.

Hoet and Vestergarrd poor again, gifted 2 goals. Yoshida and Bednarek need to come in.

Lemina terrible too, a few bright moments going forwards but undone by our own mistakes.

That's a horrible depressing thought. Getting rid of the horrid useless Hughes only to replace him with horrid Fat Sam. Please no.

Does it matter the squad isn't that good the quality of a few years ago is all gone (most of them to this afternoons opponents) the squad we have is a lower mid table side of Meh. Three managers in three seasons same old problems.

We need a hammering like this for Hughes to realise how much of a liability Wesley Hoedt is. Weird game, they haven't been amazing we haven't been awful or been getting battered throughout, at some points we looked tidy going forward. The issue is the defensive mistakes as always.
Stoke shipping seven at Man City last season didn't seem to help Hughes figure out that his defence needed a rethink.

Maybe he's just not a very good manager.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I think confidence is so important. Hoedt's confidence is shot and maybe he needs a break from the firing line. Bednarek had the same at the start of last season but when he was brought back in at the end of the season he did really well. Maybe it is time we gave him another run in the side?

Clearly confidence is important for our strikers too. I would have thought today would have been a good day to give Gabbi a run out. Is he injured or has he fallen out with Hughes? Where's Elyounoussi too? I'm not a big fan of his but it seems strange to play a full back on the wing! Even stranger that Armstrong was not the one brought in instead of him, though I can see the possibility that maybe Hughes thought it would give us another defensive option.

Stoke shipping seven at Man City last season didn't seem to help Hughes figure out that his defence needed a rethink.

Maybe he's just not a very good manager.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You've just had a friend request from Unbelievable Jeff.

I think confidence is so important. Hoedt's confidence is shot and maybe he needs a break from the firing line. Bednarek had the same at the start of last season but when he was brought back in at the end of the season he did really well. Maybe it is time we gave him another run in the side?

Clearly confidence is important for our strikers too. I would have thought today would have been a good day to give Gabbi a run out. Is he injured or has he fallen out with Hughes? Where's Elyounoussi too? I'm not a big fan of his but it seems strange to play a full back on the wing! Even stranger that Armstrong was not the one brought in instead of him, though I can see the possibility that maybe Hughes thought it would give us another defensive option.

Ely and Gabbi are injured

Ridiculous isn't it that we have two CB's who played in the World Cup yet neither are getting game time? Okay, I accept that Bednarek is young, but towards the end of last season he showed glimpses that have largely eluded the luckless Hoedt.