2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Looked similar to me as the Keane penalty yesterday, how is a defender supposed to stop something like that? Never kick the ball, Mane comes from behind him, Aurier is looking at the ball and is trying to kick it and Mane just blocks his leg in the way.

clear penalty to the "there was contact" brigade which meant mane "was entitled to go down"

Thing is Aurier is in possession of the ball, so how can Mane be fouled if Aurier has the ball and is trying to kick it, if anything its a foul the other way.

We basically now have attackers either throwing their body at defenders to get contact or kicking the ball at defenders hands from like 3 yards away and getting pens for it.

And VAR never over turns these silly decisions.

Was there ever a more obvious end to the Liverpool and City games? Wish I'd stuck money on that when it was 1-1 and 1-0.

Put £50 on city, liverpool, Brighton and Sheffield united all to win - cashed out as soon as liverpool equalised to earn my stake plus 10% back and that ****ing happens. Scouse ****s.

Yeh was no where near a red !

Atkinson in general had an absolutely dire game, it was almost worthy of investigation it was that bad. I mean you have to also consider the implications of that red card beyond just the game. Son will possibly be blaming himself for that injury now when he shouldn't be. It also increased the volatility of the crowd towards him and he will no doubt be spammed with death threats and the like on social media. It was seemingly altered to a red on a flippant illogical whim. Its not as if he couldn't refer to the technology if he was uncertain.

As for VAR, it needs to remain. The issue is the guidelines and the quality of the officials reviewing, that will improve over time. That penalty non decision was a right mess though.

the continued disgraceful officiating continues in this league

Another not so bad thing about being relegated

The refs in the EFL are just as poor.

Its just that its not talked about as the PL understandably dominates the media.

Atkinson in general had an absolutely dire game, it was almost worthy of investigation it was that bad. I mean you have to also consider the implications of that red card beyond just the game. Son will possibly be blaming himself for that injury now when he shouldn't be. It also increased the volatility of the crowd towards him and he will no doubt be spammed with death threats and the like on social media. It was seemingly altered to a red on a flippant illogical whim. Its not as if he couldn't refer to the technology if he was uncertain.

As for VAR, it needs to remain. The issue is the guidelines and the quality of the officials reviewing, that will improve over time. That penalty non decision was a right mess though.

Michael Oliver reviewing today, widely recognised as our best referee. Just maybe, VAR is actually ****e? Rather than removing cheating we now have more diving than ever.

Michael Oliver reviewing today, widely recognised as our best referee. Just maybe, VAR is actually ****e? Rather than removing cheating we now have more diving than ever.

Na his own personal performance was below par in that case. Any increase in cheating can be halted by changes to guidelines, this is more down to the quality of officiating and the quality of those in charge of the rules than anything else.

Video tech is becoming another irrational scapegoat, once it is scrapped it wont return. What will be our answer to the ****e quality of officiating then?

After listening to 5live i was expecting the Everton penalty appeal to be some burning injustice.

It wasn't it. Accidental defensive handball hasn't generally been treated as penalties this season. So VAR understandably didn't award a penalty.

Need to get rid of VAR though. Delays the game and idiots will try and force its use as a subjective inconsitent rereffing tool.

I don't agree with the reasoning for the Son red. Looking at the result of the tackle to decide to upgrade the card is wrong imo.

I wouldn't have minded it being a red because it was a nasty revenge hack.

Son's red card has been overturned. At least someone involved in the Prem is capable of watching a replay five times and figuring out the bleedin' obvious.
It was overturned by an independent panel. The Premier League tried to justify the red card.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk