2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

And had that been us instead of Sheff Utd, then we would almost certainly have still found a way to lose to them.

Too many times already this season teams have been there for the taking but we have failed to capitalise. Man Utd and Spurs played terribly against us but we only got one point from those games. Wolves on Saturday - take away the disallowed goals and the only thing they created was a penalty from a blatant dive, and we still didn't manage to beat them.

As it stands, I'm not convinced at all that there are three worse teams than us in the league this season.

And yet we beat Sheffield United on their own ground.

And yet we beat Sheffield United on their own ground.

We got quite lucky in that game. Our defence was all over the place and we got a letoff with a disallowed goal, a non-penalty that should have been given to them, and a pretty harsh red card.

They worked hard all game (harder than we did) and were unlucky to lose it really.

We got quite lucky in that game. Our defence was all over the place and we got a letoff with a disallowed goal, a non-penalty that should have been given to them, and a pretty harsh red card.

They worked hard all game (harder than we did) and were unlucky to lose it really.

Watched a different game sunshine. They were sh1t and got fck all

It was disallowed because it was offside.

It was disallowed because it was offside.

Granted. But our defence still managed to make a hash of it and concede the shot regardless. The point being they created a lot of chances and can rightly feel aggrieved they didn't get anything from the game.

I'm usually as optimistic as they come, but I have seen precious little in our recent performances to convince me that we have got enough about us to finish above three other teams come May. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Granted. But our defence still managed to make a hash of it and concede the shot regardless. The point being they created a lot of chances and can rightly feel aggrieved they didn't get anything from the game.

I'm usually as optimistic as they come, but I have seen precious little in our recent performances to convince me that we have got enough about us to finish above three other teams come May. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

I think we’ll be ok. The fact that two wins (I know, I know, one win would be nice, let alone two!) puts you in the top 10 shows how crap the league still is outside of the usual contenders.

That's one of those that is never a foul in real time but a clear foul on video, albeit a pure accident.

Was really strange one, Connelly definitely made a meal of it. Yes the defender stood on his foot by accident but for Connolly to throw himself to the ground I guess is just being smart and forcing the review. It’s a shame that staying on your feet is not the correct thing to do anymore.

Our home loss to Chelsea not looking so bad, they are on fire at the moment.

Our team has been pretty woeful but we have probably played 2 of maybe the 4 most on form teams at the moment, and lol now we have to play one of the others.

Gazzaniga with a few world class saves in the last few minutes vs Liverpool. *sigh*

They were decent saves but straight at him at head height. Nothing overly special really.

I guess our standards are just that much lower watching our recent selection of ‘keepers.

They were decent saves but straight at him at head height. Nothing overly special really.

I guess our standards are just that much lower watching our recent selection of ‘keepers.

I guess so, just so used to our keepers parrying it straight out to a delighted opponent.

Another VAR cock up , it’s just a lottery now , even worse than pre VAR .......

Yeah it’s getting ridiculous. After VAR Hudson Odoi got rightly booked for a dive in the box yesterday. That run and dive was virtually identical to Doherty’s against us last week. My bet is that there’d already made 2 (correct) calls against Wolves so didn’t want to make a third one. The system is still wide open to corruption.

He was kicking the ball and Mane ran into his leg.

Aurier was all over the place and Mané got there in front of him. It was clumsy as heck and I’m sure Aurier was only trying to clear the ball but he didn’t. Since when has, ‘he didn’t mean to do it’ ever been an excuse for a foul?

That’s never a penalty. Jesus what has the game come to?

Joke penalty to Liverpool. Big surprise.

Easy money.

And as much as I hate Liverpool that was a definite pen.

Definite penalty, don’t know what game some of you are watching. He literally booted Mané in the back of the calf, no maybe about it.

He was kicking the ball and Mane ran into his leg.

Eh? That was a clear and obvious a penalty.

Forwards are now deliberately leaving their leg close to a defender to initiate contact so they can go to ground. Say what you like, that would never have been called a penalty a few years back.

Never a penalty. Mané hooks his left leg in front of Aurier and trips him. Should have been a free kick the other way.

Aurier was all over the place and Mané got there in front of him. It was clumsy as heck and I’m sure Aurier was only trying to clear the ball but he didn’t. Since when has, ‘he didn’t mean to do it’ ever been an excuse for a foul?

Mané wasn’t in front of him. He sticks his left out to the left and trips Aurier. If the same players had done the same thing in the other penalty area then it would have been a foul to Tottenham. Except that it was at Anfield so it would never have been given.

Looked similar to me as the Keane penalty yesterday, how is a defender supposed to stop something like that? Never kick the ball, Mane comes from behind him, Aurier is looking at the ball and is trying to kick it and Mane just blocks his leg in the way.