2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Just highlighting that Pom**y were 3-1 up last night against Coventry. Coventry got down to 10 men; still go on to make it 3-2. Coventry then go down to 9 men; go in to equalise in the last minute :lol: you're sh.i.t.e.

Didn't we do that vs Boro many years ago? Have a recurring nightmare of MLT trying to defend and Gianluca Festa scoring the equalizer.

included a dreamy Lundekvam OG:

...ann Beattie's first Prem goal. Ostenstadt clearly fouling the keeper and might even have handballed it too :lol:

Absolutely delicious ball by MLT and a great cool finish by Egil to put us 3-2 up.

Edited by OttawaSaint

Thought Villa looked alright once they shook off the awe of playing Everton after ten minutes.

They played like the away team, defending deep and relying on the fact that Everton’s powder puff attack wouldn’t penetrate, nor would their midfield have the guile required. I fear for Silva.

The danger for Villa is they start to believe they’re good, and open up.

Said it before Everton will struggle this season..... No doubt.

They lost both Gueye and Zouma which was the defensive spine last season and the recruitment team at everton has been poor for a while now.

Can see them really struggling and will be bottom half with us and villa, Sheff United, ect.

Genuinely worried for us already. All 3 of the promoted teams have won already, and all look better than Fulham and Huddersfield from last season

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Last year Fulham won their third game, just like Villa. Cardiff drew 2 of their first three. Wolves did ok. It really is too early to get the worry beads out.

Genuinely worried for us already. All 3 of the promoted teams have won already, and all look better than Fulham and Huddersfield from last season

3 points today would go a very long way. I, like you, am concerned. I didn’t think we’d be involved in a relegation battle this season, but it’s looking highly likely we’ll be right in it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 points today would go a very long way. I, like you, am concerned. I didn’t think we’d be involved in a relegation battle this season, but it’s looking highly likely we’ll be right in it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Because we were crap for 15 minutes away at Burnley?

It really is too early to get the worry beads out.

This, early season form is really difficult to draw anything from, plenty of teams taking a while to get going and like us have new players that they are trying to get up to fitness/sharpness.

Norwich have probably impressed me the most, but at the same time they have conceded 8 goals in 3 games, and were probably lucky they didn't concede more to Chelsea to he honest.

Liverpool out in front again. I really believe at some point they will run out of steam though. Limited options on the bench compared to City

Yeah, I can't believe their record. I don't think they are particularly good. Seem very lucky.

Had Pope over Gunn in the fantasy. Useless bloody Burnley, so close to a clean sheet.

I still think Newcastle will be OK, leftover from Benitez’s legacy, Almiron looks pretty good. Even though the bookies have them as favourites to go down, if Joelinton can score enough they could be fine. They did lose two big players in the summer but their defence is ok. They’re probably our competition in lower mid table though it will be interesting to see how much Bruce can get out of them.

Weird results this weekend, bar Liverpool’s result, and Wolves’ extremely late equaliser, that was all away wins!

Had Pope over Gunn in the fantasy. Useless bloody Burnley, so close to a clean sheet.

I still think Newcastle will be OK, leftover from Benitez’s legacy, Almiron looks pretty good. Even though the bookies have them as favourites to go down, if Joelinton can score enough they could be fine. They did lose two big players in the summer but their defence is ok. They’re probably our competition in lower mid table though it will be interesting to see how much Bruce can get out of them.

Weird results this weekend, bar Liverpool’s result, and Wolves’ extremely late equaliser, that was all away wins!

I still think Newcastle will be in trouble. Bruce is a competent manager but no Benitez and they lack any real depth of talent.

Haven't been particularly impressed by any of the promoted sides yet. For all the praise of Norwich, they ship goals in like Singapore harbour. Palace and Brighton will be down there too.

I still think Newcastle will be in trouble. Bruce is a competent manager but no Benitez and they lack any real depth of talent.

Haven't been particularly impressed by any of the promoted sides yet. For all the praise of Norwich, they ship goals in like Singapore harbour. Palace and Brighton will be down there too.

On the basis of performances so far, so will we.

Palace still have Zaha and Roy is a decent club manager. Brighton outplayed us with 10 men for much of the match. Early days, but they look much improved from last year.

It could be a real dog fight at the bottom this year.

Exquisite second goal by Man City. They’ve come a long way since they days of Sean Goater.

What are City fans like over there? Are they on the whole in any way gracious at all or are they ridiculously arrogant given how lucky they’ve been to get the investment they have?

Exquisite second goal by Man City. They’ve come a long way since they days of Sean Goater.

What are City fans like over there? Are they on the whole in any way gracious at all or are they ridiculously arrogant given how lucky they’ve been to get the investment they have?

Not arrogant at all. I’d rather they win everything then Liverpool.