2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Then you’re 6 inches and 1mm offside, it’s disallowed and you can’t complain.

I’ve said it before but it’s like the Police saying the speed limit is 70 but they won’t pull you over doing less than 80. If they catch you doing 81, you can’t say, "oh come on, I’m only 1mph over," because you’re not, your 11. Same principle.

then what is the difference? why not just have it offside or not if the same metric applies. Kicking the can down the road (6 inches of it) makes little difference really

then what is the difference? why not just have it offside or not if the same metric applies. Kicking the can down the road (6 inches of it) makes little difference really

Because that isn’t the point of the offside rule, it’s supposed to stop goal hanging.

I don’t think goals should be disallowed over millimetres but currently that’s the rule, so it has to be applied evenly.

I liked the use of VAR in that game myself. It caused some delay, but nothing excessive and it made the refereeing more accurate.

It’ll take some time for everyone to get used to rules being enforced that accurately, but as long as it’s consistent from here on in I can only see it as a good thing.

Lampard has a proper job on here, he was brave taking that.

Hazard was their team, they've got nothing now.

It's a long term task (whether he gets the time to do it remains to be seen) but they do have some good players there IMO. Obviously a very young, raw team backed up with a bit of experience, even though Hazard has gone I think they'll do OK. Defensively they are strong, or they will be with Rudiger at the back and Kante in defensive midfield although neither started today. They're OK in midfield too - up front is where they might struggle. Abraham was good in the Championship but is effectively like Adams in making the step up. Giroud isn't getting any younger either. Batshuayi is the one I think will end up being their number 1 striker this season. They won't be top 4 though, but I bet they'll still make top 6. When I get FM2020 I'd be interested in managing them for a little challenge and I'm no fan of Chelsea! Surely a team like: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Emerson, Kante, Jorginho, Hudson Odoi/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi is better than any outside the top 6? The problem with Lampard is he might trust in his young players TOO much. For instance today he might have been better playing an experience a side as he could have put out and then introduced his youngsters gradually against "lesser" teams.

I've been over to Redcafe forum - United fans are excited about their new look defence. Let's see how it copes against our new pacier attack in 3 games time. :)

Probably Mané against Villa.

On the flip side we haven’t played anyone as crap as Newcastle yet. Let’s see some Adams in some easier fixtures.

We have played plenty of dire sides since Mane left!

Edited by Jonnyboy

Bit of a gamble by Lampard to take the reigns at Chelsea. If he gets this badly wrong he could end up tarnishing his legend status there.

They’re leading thanks to a mistake (and good pressing/awareness) but they seem to be a bit all over the place.

Half their fans probably don't know who he is. Going to Stamford Bridge and watching a 'club legend' come on at HT to the dumbfounded obliviousness of their home support is an annual treat.

Edited by shurlock

A draw will be a poor result for Chelsea, didn't they get tonked last week? Lampard is in an unenviable position already.

Probably a mistake appointing him, then again so was Steve Bruce at Newcastle.

They were outplayed, they should be delighted with the point. At least, they've got something on the board :lol:

A draw will be a poor result for Chelsea, didn't they get tonked last week? Lampard is in an unenviable position already.

Probably a mistake appointing him, then again so was Steve Bruce at Newcastle.

The display can’t have pleased many either, they were terrible.