West Ham 3 Saints 0 - Match Thread

St Chalet

Our form and average points per game since RH took over would have us in the top half over a full season.

This is clearly not our first choice team playing today.

but Ralph has said himself that to maintain t hat form, with this side over a whole season would bee too much.

In general we're terrible on the ball. So many players who routinely miss-place passes or dally with it.

Most opposition chances against us come from cheap turnovers.

Being saying that for a long while. That's why a lot of our game under Ralph revolves around working hard without the ball and getting the ball forward quickly when we do have it. and why we struggle to manage games from winning positions late on because we can't just put our foot on the ball and control possession.

No wonder MoPes possession at all costs game failed so badly.

Elyounoussi is effectively a missing player. RH is learning that playing a weakened team in the premier league will get you punished. At the moment the players don't give a ****.

I've never seen him be anything else. Utterly pointless giving him a run out today. He isn't remotely good enough and needs to be moved on this summer.

RH clearly not taking this game seriously - I find that frustrating personally. This is just an exercise to confirm just how bad Southampton B is (we know the A-team isn't that great either) before the summer clear-out. I would have preferred a serious attempt to get the points but I guess he knows what he needs to do and in the bigger scheme of things this game doesn't matter.

Elyounoussi is effectively a missing player. RH is learning that playing a weakened team in the premier league will get you punished. At the moment the players don't give a ****.

interesting reading this as Solent tatters claim Moi has been our best attacking player today...

RH clearly not taking this game seriously - I find that frustrating personally. This is just an exercise to confirm just how bad Southampton B is (we know the A-team isn't that great either) before the summer clear-out. I would have preferred a serious attempt to get the points but I guess he knows what he needs to do and in the bigger scheme of things this game doesn't matter.

Is this his attempt to show those who hold the purse strings how thin the squad is?

We have been terrible on our right and anything going forward.

We have got plenty into attacking areas, but the quality/final ball has been pathetic most of the time

Valery crap

Ings Crap

Mo Crap

Armstrong Crap

Long has done well enough in build up play, but no more

Indeed.

Let's say Elyonnousi and Stephens have good games. Then what? That buys them another season? Maybe it's a good thing we're dreadful today

WH completed passes 194, Saints completed passes 80. Says it all really.

Since Ralph has taken over we've had less possession and made less passes than the opposition in practically every game. I think Ralph twigged that we don't have many players who can pass effectively and built our game around avoiding hanging on to the ball to much in our own half.

Indeed.

Let's say Elyonnousi and Stephens have good games. Then what? That buys them another season? Maybe it's a good thing we're dreadful today

To be honest, I really don't think this is a concern after that half

They're just wrong.

As that pathetic giveaway just now demonstrated.

I haven't got a stream just the radio so I figured it was unlikely but then none of the other attacking players seem to have done much either so I figured the competition for best attacking player, today, was a low bar.

A few thing stand out so far - defence not bad but Valery and Bertrand both off the pace (Valery especially) PEH not the same player without Romeu, Armstrong has been poor and Elanonymous has been his typical self, looking like he may just create something but never doing so and looks short of confidence and fitness.

Forster to be fair has made some good saves but was a bit slow to get off his line for the goal.

Ings and Long are working hard but they've had little service, i think we'd do better with someone else in midfield to get on Mark Noble and stop him dictating the pace of the game.

All in all West Ham haven't had to break sweat and look a much classier outfit than us and deserve to be more than one goal up.

Possibly the worst 45 under Ralph. Can't keep hold of the ball and keep trying glory long balls that go nowhere.

Ings has been ****e again. I think I counted at least three cocky flicks he tried that went straight to one of their players. One which they broke from and almost scored.

Only positive is Forster seems to be doing good considering how long he has been out. I would take Ings and Mo off at HT.

They're just wrong.

As that pathetic giveaway just now demonstrated.

I haven't got a stream just the radio so I figured it was unlikely but then none of the other attacking players seem to have done much either so I figured the competition for best attacking player, today, was a low bar.

Disappointing half. A few positives, the main being Forster! A couple of decent saves, including in his supposed weak spot of down low. He had no real chance on the goal. And contrary to opinions here, Mo has shown flashes of real quality. His combining with Armstrong and Long has been the best we've offered so far.

I think we need Romeu on second half though to shore up midfield. And maybe Redmond for Ings. Not seeing Ings do much yet.