The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

On 04/05/2023 at 12:52, Turkish said:

People that make Star Wars references today

Add to this, people that make Star Trek jokes on May 4th as they’re so wacky pretending to mix up the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Feckin eejits who don't wear safety helmets when riding bicycles or e-scooters, especially parents who make their kids wear them but don't bother themselves. One particular breed are middle aged or older bald men, who almost always do not have skid lids - do they think their suntanned scalps will turn to leather and protect them in the event of a mishap ?

• Like 2

Another bike related one, people who think that cyclists need to wear hi-vis gear. Studies show that it has no discernible impact on cyclist safety and driver behaviour. I went past two on Saturday, one with hi-vis, one in black. I couldn't see hi-vis matey in my rear view as the hi-vis blended perfectly in with the background trees and bushes along the road. Guy in black was more visible for longer.

14 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Does that include NASA ?

11 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Didn't you ever watch the moon shots?

I’m talking about bellends that post on social media, for example a cock I used to work with posted a picture of himself at an event and said “great to be here it all kicks off in t minus 30 minutes” 

twat 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I’m talking about bellends that post on social media, for example a cock I used to work with posted a picture of himself at an event and said “great to be here it all kicks off in t minus 30 minutes” 

twat 

Tend to agree with you, perhaps they all think they're Cliff Michelmore or James Burke wannabees!

Selfish twats who feel when the nice weather comes  they need to blare music out in their garden because of course all the neighbours want to hear. 
Ditto pricks at traffics lights with stereos at full blast

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, The Cat said:

People who have B055 or CE0 as part of their numberplate.

Personalised ones already indicate you are a massive fuckwit but a special place in hell is reserved for these cunts.

Yes so true. Nothing quite says cock like having a personalised number plate. Also especially true when they are a really crap attempt to spell out their name. I know someone who has one and even knowing them quite well it took weeks before we realised it was meant to spell their surname it just looked like a random collection of letters and numbers. 

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

People who never clean their kettles - they're the same fuckers who vigorously pour it immediately after boiling while the lumps of shit are still floating around, thus filling your hot drink with a pile of crap.

That was one of the best things about moving away from Southampton. No more shitty chalk soup water! 

18 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I knew someone who chose his company name because it matched his car registration.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

When you’re on public transport and people play their phones loudly so half the carriage can hear. use headphones you prick. 

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

When you’re on public transport and people play their phones loudly so half the carriage can hear. use headphones you prick. 

2 hours ago, whelk said:

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

On 05/06/2023 at 21:46, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Bottle lids on coke bottles being attached to the bottle now. What sort of dopey fucker puts the cap in the normal bin after finishing a bottle? Surely normal people put the lid back on the bottle when a bottle is finished? 

They’re gonna have a nightmare at St Mary’s serving bottles of drink and then having to yank the caps off each time, hopefully they just don’t bother.

Getting stuck for 5 miles on country roads behind a black Honda CRV being driven at 22 in 30mph zones, and 34 in 50mph zones. Finally getting past him and going to do some shopping, only to find the self same nuisance going back 2 hours later and being stuck behind him again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Getting stuck for 5 miles on country roads behind a black Honda CRV being driven at 22 in 30mph zones, and 34 in 50mph zones. Finally getting past him and going to do some shopping, only to find the self same nuisance going back 2 hours later and being stuck behind him again.

All I got from this is two hours to do the shopping!  WTF?

8 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

All I got from this is two hours to do the shopping!  WTF?

Takes at least 20 minutes to/from the shops to where we got past / met the CRV, and it includes lunch, hence "2 hours later".

Edited by badgerx16

Event organisers trotting out "due to unforeseen circumstances" when an event is cancelled.

We all know that's usually code for: "we screwed up and the circumstances were completely foreseeable had we been competent enough to spot them in advance"

Twats.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

People referring to Wimbledon by its postcode. I don’t know any other sporting event or venue where people do this and it takes twice as long as simply saying Wimbledon.

Screenshot_20230704-120021.png

;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Films having ‘alcohol use, smoking etc’ warnings. What sort of cunt can’t watch a film with someone having a drink?

Films on TV having words or complete lines of dialogue cut because they start to show them before 21:00.