The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

56 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Bond Street station....

Started at £110m, comes in four years late at £680m...

Who the fuck organised that shambles?

Can the UK not build things properly, on budget, and on time anymore?

We're too engrossed with following the Health and Safety rules to the letter.

I was in Zeebrugge a couple of weeks ago where a hotel was being built.  Basically a shell with the walls and floors of concrete in place, four storeys tall, no scaffolding with a couple of blokes adding bits to the roof in their tracksuits and trainers.  Not a hard hat, hi-vis or H&S goon in sight.  Probably saved them millions on the building costs....

13 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I was in Zeebrugge a couple of weeks ago where a hotel was being built.  Basically a shell with the walls and floors of concrete in place, four storeys tall, no scaffolding with a couple of blokes adding bits to the roof in their tracksuits and trainers.  Not a hard hat, hi-vis or H&S goon in sight.  Probably saved them millions on the building costs....

be4166bc46b8c03265bee3b3bd2e542d.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm sensing you now catch the train to get to your new job?

No I’ve been over in cork this week for work, on the flight back 3 young girls in front of me spent the time playing tick tok videos very loudly and whooping about how funny they were. Then when on the shuttle bus to the car park one of a group of blokes in their 30s starting watching some video, no headphones, playing it loudly the whole bus could hear. Why do it? Kids you can understand but grown adults FFS

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

No I’ve been over in cork this week for work, on the flight back 3 young girls in front of me spent the time playing tick tok videos very loudly and whooping about how funny they were. Then when on the shuttle bus to the car park one of a group of blokes in their 30s starting watching some video, no headphones, playing it loudly the whole bus could hear. Why do it? Kids you can understand but grown adults FFS

You need to get your work to pay for a private jet ;) 

19 hours ago, Turkish said:

You should have given them 1 of your "lectures" like you do to some on here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

When you're walking past someone stood still, eg. in a bar or supermarket, they set off into your personal space and you're in each others way. Just wait two seconds for me to walk past you, how hard is it?

Just 'accidentally' clatter into them like I I do...

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 15:32, Weston Super Saint said:

Was probably those Pompey lads sitting on the pallets of that flatbed truck in the car park at Oxford in the play off semi. 

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2022 at 19:57, The Cat said:

Sliders. I thought flip flops were bad enough but these are 100 times worse.

Also people that turn up to 5 a side wearing them to the astro before changing into trainers they could have just worn on the way anyway.

When at the end of the game someone goes to the far goal to pick up their mid game discarded sweatshirt and leaves the other one or two there. 

• Haha 2

I am due to meet a couple of old school/football team buddies on Saturday. I have know them both for 58 years. One lives in Southend and the other just outside Oxford. Not seen the for a while due to the lockdown etc. I have managed to avoid the dreaded virus all the way through the pandemic but have felt a bit rough this week so took a test this evening - Sod’s law, it is positive 😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

on the news whenever there is a government related issue how they find some randomers and interview them about their own personal situation and ask them what the government should be doing about it, with the answer always being "it's not fair, i've got (insert random problem) and we need more help" Like the government should have a specific policy because Jean from Basildon has varicose veins and needs a heater on her legs every evening. 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

on the news whenever there is a government related issue how they find some randomers and interview them about their own personal situation and ask them what the government should be doing about it, with the answer always being "it's not fair, i've got (insert random problem) and we need more help" Like the government should have a specific policy because Jean from Basildon has varicose veins and needs a heater on her legs every evening. 

Pisses me off when couples assume Govt needs to sort out their childcare issues as if they have a right to work and have lovely things. Having kids is a sacrifice including making time to look after them

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

Still the incessant use of 'to be fair'. It's the linguistic equivalent of grey jogging bottoms and cheap trainers.

My daughter's boyfriend uses that phrase a lot...slightly annoying  He's otherwise a pretty decent bloke though to be fair.