The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Indeed they have, but we are all free to call them what we like.

If you went to more than one Tesco store in the same outing haven’t you gone to Tescos?

Obviously if you visit more than one Tesco then you've been to Tescos, that's not the argument here.

Protestors at the Queen’s funeral proceedings who are clearly just desperate to be arrested so they can feel oppressed. That includes the people who swallow it hook, line and sinker and are on SM bleating about how this is just like Putin/Russia. No you aren’t, you’re being arrested/moved on for a public order offence at a state funeral. You can go to Buck Palace, Westminster or wherever you want and wave your signs 24/7, nobody will stop you. Doing it at the Queen’s funeral will lead to an angry mob beating the living sh*te out of you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

When there’s just the wrong amount of drizzle and spray on the motorway to need the wipers on but not enough to make the windscreen consistently wet. You end up in a constant dilemma of on or off, whilst they’re making squeaky noises.

Good one

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

When there’s just the wrong amount of drizzle and spray on the motorway to need the wipers on but not enough to make the windscreen consistently wet. You end up in a constant dilemma of on or off, whilst they’re making squeaky noises.

If only someone would invent intermittent wipers with variable speeds.

38 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

When my wife has to split the washing in the laundry basket into two loads and doesn't bother to make sure that no odd socks get left for the second load, forcing me to put clean but unpaired socks back in my underwear drawer

Do you know nothing ? Unpaired socks go in the unpaired sock drawer. If it is good enough for David Gower, it's fine by me.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

When my wife has to split the washing in the laundry basket into two loads and doesn't bother to make sure that no odd socks get left for the second load, forcing me to put clean but unpaired socks back in my underwear drawer. 

Lazy mare

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

My missus said ‘deets’ (shortening details) recently. I promptly told her never to say that again ever.

That's reasonable grounds for divorce I'd say.

The word "probably" seems to have changed to "prolly" lately in SM comments etc. I can't put into words just how angry I am.

Adverts giving an item's price in single digits;

"Only three, nine, nine" ( and omitting the currency ), rather than "Only three hundred and ninety nine pounds".

What would they do if somebody handed over 3 pounds, then nine, then another nine ?

• Like 1

People who use the expression “working on my mental health” the latest thing that is all the rage 

Not only is it generally said by self indulgent bellends it also devalues people who genuinely do have mental health problems 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

People who use the expression “working on my mental health” the latest thing that is all the rage 

Not only is it generally said by self indulgent bellends it also devalues people who genuinely do have mental health problems 

It really is a turgid expression.

Maybe tomorrow I'll stay home and lie on the sofa all day.  I'll tell my boss I'm too busy 'working on my physical health' to go to work.

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It really is a turgid expression.

Maybe tomorrow I'll stay home and lie on the sofa all day.  I'll tell my boss I'm too busy 'working on my physical health' to go to work.

My sister in law is one of these cocks. Proper spoilt little princess.

she worked for a company her husband and a load of her mates worked at, she loved it there because 1/ she could get away with murder as her mate was her boss 2/ it was like a social club. One by one they all left and now she’s got no mates working there and she hates it. So she’s quit with no job to go to because she needs a break from work for her mental health FFS. 

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

My sister in law is one of these cocks. Proper spoilt little princess.

she worked for a company her husband and a load of her mates worked at, she loved it there because 1/ she could get away with murder as her mate was her boss 2/ it was like a social club. One by one they all left and now she’s got no mates working there and she hates it. So she’s quit with no job to go to because she needs a break from work for her mental health FFS. 

I've heard people claiming they had a day off to sort out their mental health.

A day!  What the fuck!  Mental health isn't sorted in a day.  You're just a lazy cunt jumping on a band wagon thinking no-one will confront you because you've badged it up as mental health.

• Like 1