The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

When did it become acceptable for big companies to keep you on hold for over an hour?

Imagine going to a shop and being told to stand outside until they decide you can come in?

And the music, it sounded like Sooty on acid playing some sort of experimental jazz funk on his organ, looped over a hundred times.

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

When did it become acceptable for big companies to keep you on hold for over an hour?

Imagine going to a shop and being told to stand outside until they decide you can come in?

And the music, it sounded like Sooty on acid playing some sort of experimental jazz funk on his organ, looped over a hundred times.

I hate call centres but that’s not a ‘small thing’ that annoys me. It’s massive.

On 26/06/2022 at 16:56, whelk said:

People who get off planes slowly. FFS some of us need a piss

Ryanair's "priority" system worked well the other day.  All the priority tickets asked to stand up and wait in a queue to check passports for 20 minutes then sent into the baking hot tunnel to stand for a further 20 minutes.  After all that, the non-priority scum had to finally get off their arses in the cool, comfortable lounge and go and join them.  And we all took off together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Since covid where it became the acceptable 'norm'.  No appetite to change it back because that costs money and it's been proven that mugs will wait if they have to.

Not true. A lot of companies take customer service extremely seriously. Call centre experience can impact their brand. Some like British Airways clearly don’t give a shit. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Just finding the correct contact number through the maze of FAQs, smart yet thick automated question screens, web chat that doesn't work and contact us pages that go back to one of the above.

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Slugs

This!! I'm not squeamish at all, I'll happily pick up any size spider etc but slugs turn my stomach. Why do the bastards want to crawl up my glass patio doors, what do they think is waiting for them at the top? Totally pointless creatures, nothing more than bird food.

Women who constantly post things like “throwback Thursday,” and, “wedding dress challenge,” on social media. It’s not a challenge, you’re just fishing for likes and compliments but you’re not as pretty as you used to be, so you’re using photos from ten years ago. Grow up.

4 hours ago, Manuel said:

The chant that goes "Let's go England, let's go!"  

I first heard it in badminton matches but it seems to have crept into tennis.  

Badminton and tennis ultras are incredibly annoying, they make a hell of a racket.

7 hours ago, Klaus Schwab said:

The inventor of slime for children needs a slap. 

My youngest loves the stuff and gets everywhere, from the dog to the sofa. 

I can’t sit down now without trying to figure out if it’s her slime or I’ve shat myself again 

Wait till it gets to the "Daddy can I make my own slime, I've seen recipes on Youtube", thats when the real fun starts...

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Wait till it gets to the "Daddy can I make my own slime, I've seen recipes on Youtube", thats when the real fun starts...

Yeah that fun started 2 years ago and is where the mess comes from!

in other news, people who leave massive gaps when in traffic jams for absolutely no reason whatsoever 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Try using it when phoning up a breakdown service and see how much meaning it has then.

Normally I just belt out a rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s I am what I am

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Sweet Caroline being played after every sporting event.

The way it's going I imagine the crowd are probably belting it out at the end of the South West regional junior tiddlywinks tournament.

I was at the F1 last year and the would be entertainer/DJ on the PA between races was desperately trying to get that going on several occasions. A few people here and there murmured along with it but there was a general feeling of, “really? Again?”