The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

39 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

In the UK maybe it is. Down by the Mediterranean it can be very pleasant.

I had a caravan when the kids were small. Comfy bed and sofa with roof and proper food is like night and day compared with a tent, lilo, leaks and a gas burner 

18 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I had a caravan when the kids were small. Comfy bed and sofa with roof and proper food is like night and day compared with a tent, lilo, leaks and a gas burner 

We gave up our tent and bought a caravan well over 30 years ago. For northern Europe it's like having a second home compared to a tent. You're off the ground away from the damp yet still have the open air just outside your door.

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

In the UK maybe it is. Down by the Mediterranean it can be very pleasant.

Too hot. For it to be remotely enjoyable you’ve got a sweet spot temperate of about 21-24 degrees, dry and sunny. Anything less than that it’s too cold of an evening and morning, anything above 24 and you’re sweating your bollocks off minute you set foot inside your tent. Don’t even get me started on putting the bloody thing up and down in the heat. Of course rain and wet weather and it’s just a shit thing to do and absolutely mental to think anyone could enjoy it.

Then of course the bloody hassle of the whole thing. Couple of hours squeezing all the stuff into you car before you leave, 2-3 hours setting everything up the other end, drying everything off when you get home.

It’s not even really a cheap holiday when you take into account the cost of a decent tent and all the bits to go with it, even bloody camping plates and knives and forks. 

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Then of course the bloody hassle of the whole thing. Couple of hours squeezing all the stuff into you car before you leave, 2-3 hours setting everything up the other end, drying everything off when you get home.

I never thought I’d be saying this to you Turks but I can achieve an erection in less than 20 minutes.

3 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

The sound of people chewing makes me irrationally angry and I don’t know what to do about it.

You have a recognised disorder known as Misophonia. Not sure it qualifies you for a blue parking badge though. 

19 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I never thought I’d be saying this to you Turks but I can achieve an erection in less than 20 minutes.

Getting it up ain’t the problem mate 

Edited by Turkish

9 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Get your butler to do it for you.

If you can find a decent one who dosen't give it "... that's really not in my remit sir" at the slightest awkward job asked of him.

On 29/05/2022 at 18:31, Holmes_and_Watson said:

As soon as I sit in the garden, someone decides it's time to use power tools in their nearby garden.

Our neighbour runs his carpentry business from his back garden. Mon-Fri we hear circular wood sawing, nail guns, his radio, his cursing when it goes wrong, and then there’s the toxic paint spraying as he offers a colour matching service. That gives neighbours headaches. 

So many laws broken, but do the council care….

10 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Our neighbour runs his carpentry business from his back garden. Mon-Fri we hear circular wood sawing, nail guns, his radio, his cursing when it goes wrong, and then there’s the toxic paint spraying as he offers a colour matching service. That gives neighbours headaches. 

Maybe try a well positioned garden sprinkler...?

12 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Ugh! I should paste mine into the things that give me joy thread, with the addendum that it could be a lot worse. Like you've got.

I hope your neighbour doesn't mind the odd slip from your new drum and bass studio waking them up at 3am every night. If only that giant speaker could be moved from right next to their property... 🙂

On 01/06/2022 at 13:37, farawaysaint said:

The sound of people chewing makes me irrationally angry and I don’t know what to do about it.

I've got that, it worse when I'm tired. Chewing and crunching of plastic bottles. It's an annoying thing to have and everyone thinks (including myself) that I'm an intolerant cunt. For me that's the key to controlling it; when it happens, I recognise that the problem is mine not the noise maker and I have a word with myself. Not easy though.

My brother in law, in recent years, has started 'tasting' every mouthful of drink, he's like a baby goat and eating so fast he gets out of breath. Fortunately it drives everyone else just as mad.

Edited by Fan The Flames

On 29/05/2022 at 18:31, Holmes_and_Watson said:

As soon as I sit in the garden, someone decides it's time to use power tools in their nearby garden.

On Thursday, the other half and son went to some jubilee thing in town. I declined as I hate people and wanted to potter in the garden quietly with a pair of secateurs. As soon as they'd left, I went outside and all I got was an orchestra of power tools, like everyone in the area was trolling me and my silence. Wankers. I was so fucked off, I went and joined the family in the throng of the general public morons.  

As it's been more prevalent recently.....i REALLY fcuking hate the stupid dance footballers do (even the women are doing it now) when they win a tournament/significant match. You know the one, jumping on the spot and waving each arm up and down.

Oh, and the socks rolled up over the knees a la John Terry.

People sharing holiday photos on social media with cocky captions like, "how’s your week going?" You went on holiday, well done; this time next week you’ll be back pushing spreadsheets around some office meeting which could have been an email.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 16:42, cloggy saint said:

Why do football clubs always 'demand' transfer fees, why can't they ask nicely?

Because they get fed up with the player in question being 'eyed' by the potential buying club.  

Edited by stknowle

Booking a time slot at the tip, like we’re supposed to do, then turning up at your allotted time only to find a queue because the staff aren’t bothering to police it properly and are letting any old cunt in, so I needn’t have booked in the first place.

On 08/06/2022 at 13:34, Lighthouse said:

People sharing holiday photos on social media with cocky captions like, "how’s your week going?" You went on holiday, well done; this time next week you’ll be back pushing spreadsheets around some office meeting which could have been an email.

on that note people posting photos of their feet at the end of a sunbed, why? no one wants to see your frigging feet.

Edited by Turkish

On 12/06/2022 at 22:50, bpsaint said:

Booking a time slot at the tip, like we’re supposed to do, then turning up at your allotted time only to find a queue because the staff aren’t bothering to police it properly and are letting any old cunt in, so I needn’t have booked in the first place.

Turning up with a bag of stones amounting to about a kilogram and being told it will cost you £1179 to throw it in the tip

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

Turning up with a bag of stones amounting to about a kilogram and being told it will cost you £1179 to throw it in the tip

There's a place at Shedfield Equestrian Centre that takes rubble for free. Just drive right to the end and they will take care of you.

https://lockhamsrecycling.co.uk/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

They've stopped taking nuclear waste lately as well. fucking ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

They've stopped taking nuclear waste lately as well. fucking ridiculous.

I have always paid my council tax but apparently I now have to put my asbestos in the cut way as these snowflakes refuse to take it

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, whelk said:

Turning nouns into verbs. How do you laptop ask Google

Good one! One of the most annoying examples is how 'party' became a verb. And while I'm here, when people are on the radio they're no longer allowed to say hello to family and friends, they have to give a 'shout out'. WTF is a shout out?

46 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Good one! One of the most annoying examples is how 'party' became a verb. And while I'm here, when people are on the radio they're no longer allowed to say hello to family and friends, they have to give a 'shout out'. WTF is a shout out?

Add ‘big up’ to that