The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

On 22/04/2022 at 18:32, Manuel said:

Some microwave meals...they have a little overhang in the corner of the film lid for you to pull, but all that does is pull the little overhang off and I have to get the knives out. 

This. 100%. People that invent and/or sign-off this shit should be exempt from the law that prevents people from being clomped around the head with a cricket bat.

Edited by trousers

On 26/04/2022 at 18:13, trousers said:

Thick-as-mince 'celebrities' whose agent has somehow convinced them it would be a good idea to appear on 'Richard Osman's House of Games'

I'm trying to think which of this week's no-marks you're referring to. Linda Robson perhaps? Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer is she.

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm trying to think which of this week's no-marks you're referring to. Linda Robson perhaps? Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer is she.

Not quite Patsy Kensit levels (no one has ever been less interested in taking part, despite of course being paid to be there) but still dreadful.

On 26/04/2022 at 18:13, trousers said:

Thick-as-mince 'celebrities' whose agent has somehow convinced them it would be a good idea to appear on 'Richard Osman's House of Games'

They should be more honest and appear on Pointless Celebrities.

6 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

It must be some seriously loud chat if it drowns a live band out.

Was at the Wedgewood Rooms last night where massive hype band Wet Leg were playing. The support were Honeyglaze who are very good but have reasonably quiet parts to some of their songs. 

To be honest I probably would have sold my tickets if it wasn't for them being announced as support because I bought them in October when Wet Leg had barely done anything, and when they subsequently did it mostly turned out to be moderately average at best.

You could hear loud chatter all the way through Honeyglaze. It's just inconsiderate, moronic behaviour.

Edited by The Cat

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

People talking all over the support band at gigs. If you want to chat fuck off to the bar so the rest of us can enjoy the music.

Were you listening to chamber music? 

should have read the whole thread.

Edited by Toadhall Saint

6 hours ago, mickn said:

The publicity given to that twat Johnnie Depp and his equally twattish ex who obviously deserve each other

You are talking about Jeremy Clarkson's, self proclaimed, ideal woman; a bi-sexual into guns and muscle cars.

5 hours ago, The Cat said:

People talking all over the support band at gigs. If you want to chat fuck off to the bar so the rest of us can enjoy the music.

People who go to gigs to see the support act, then leave when the headliners take the stage.

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Whilst the world is going to hell in a handcart The Sun decide to give their front page tomorrow over to the massive news that James Corden is giving up his US tv show to spend more time in the UK

🙄

Why would that annoy someone who doesn't read the Sun and thinks everyone who does is beneath contempt?

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Whilst the world is going to hell in a handcart The Sun decide to give their front page tomorrow over to the massive news that James Corden is giving up his US tv show to spend more time in the UK

🙄

Good. We all know what's going on, and Ukraine can be covered without dominating day in day out. That said, I'm not sure who has any interest in what Corden is up to. 

• Like 1

Biting a nail and then realising exposed too much of skin. Fucking painful and get no sympathy from the missus who is baffled why I wouldn’t use nail clippers although I see her point.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

Gambling ads especially that one where HR does a bad Alexa tribute act. Whilst we are on the the subject, the word 'acca'. 

Football jargon like  early doors, up top, line-o, in goals (how can you be in more than one goal at any one time?) Gaffer, little fella, big man etc. Tis the language of fucking simpletons!

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

2-ply bogroll. Seriously, what's the point if you have to use twice the amount, folded expertly, to avoid the "brown finger" scenario.

Not as bad as fucking Izal. Was like wiping your arse with tracing paper.

“The Clint Eastwood of loo paper – it’s rough, it’s tough and takes no shit.”

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Haha 3

Neighbours who have a dog, invite friends for a barbeque, who also bring their dog. Result: a whole afternoon of loud ferrocious yapping and barking disturbing what was to be a nice peaceful day beheading a chicken ready for a nice roast dinner.

1 minute ago, Winnersaint said:

Fuck me I remember that stuff from primary school, it had the absorbancy of teflon, you were better off just shitting your pants, cleaning up as best you could with your kaks, dumping said kaks and walking home in just your trousers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Gambling ads especially that one where HR does a bad Alexa tribute act. Whilst we are on the the subject, the word 'acca'. 

Football jargon like  early doors, up top, line-o, in goals (how can you be in more than one goal at any one time?) Gaffer, little fella, big man etc. Tis the language of fucking simpletons!

Worse than in goals 'in nets' the Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrelisation of football.

Them instead of those, even the most eloquent footballers say 'them players'.

Your Manchester Uniteds, your Arsenals, your Tottenhams; using 'your' to set up an example and then listing all the examples.

Using Football Club to stress a point as in 'this style of football isn't good enough for Manchester United Football Club'.

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Worse than in goals 'in nets' the Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrelisation of football.

Your Manchester Uniteds, your Arsenals, your Tottenhams; using 'your' to set up an example and then listing all the examples.

Using Football Club to stress a point as in 'this style of football isn't good enough for Manchester United Football Club'.

Don’t you mean the ‘onion bag’ ?

He beat ‘the offside’.

’to perfection’

’Beckhamesque’

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Yeah matey gambling ads with happy diverse bunch jumping around for joy and lip service to the wrecking lives bit.

agree with most but they have been ‘line-o’s for as as long as I can remember and I will never be calling them assist referees, maybe assistos.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kyle04 said:

2-ply bogroll. Seriously, what's the point if you have to use twice the amount, folded expertly, to avoid the "brown finger" scenario.

Are you saying 2 ply annoys as you need 3 ply for a softer experience?

10 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

“The Clint Eastwood of loo paper – it’s rough, it’s tough and takes no shit.”

I put Izal in for lent

• Like 1

Spot on. Fucking football club 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah matey gambling add with happy diverse bunch jumping around for joy and lip service to the wrecking lives bit.

agree with most but they have been ‘line-o’s for as as long as I can remember and I will never be calling them assist referees, maybe assistos.

R-sos

22 minutes ago, whelk said:

Spot on. Fucking football club 

I think Dave Jones referred to Saints as "this football club" for the entire time he was here. So a long standing but still annoying cliche.

Presenting the victor of a tournament as "Your Winner", the top 3 as "Your Podium", the participants as "Your Players", the official as "Your Referee". They are not "mine", when did "Your" replace "The" in the English language ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Glenn Hoddle, 'themness' personified.

• Like 2