The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

21 hours ago, whelk said:

Fucking Halloween however you spell it. Stupid US bollocks

Yep. My wife said she was going to take our daughter to a shop yesterday to buy yet more pointless plastic tat to decorate our window with (we already have a bag full of it from last year). 

Despite my protests that 3 weeks before Halloween is far too early to be doing that, she just ignored me and they did it anyway, covering the living room window in pointless crap while I watched the football.

On 11/10/2022 at 09:49, jawillwill said:

People who sign off emails / text messages with a single letter.

J.

Yes, that really pisses me off. Especially when it's someone I like because it means I lose a little bit of respect for them.

Doesn't matter with other people because it helps reinforce why I think they are a twat.

Yesterday I had the heating off and in the evening it started to feel a bit chilly inside. The thermostat reads 19C, so I turn the heating on and set the temperature to 20C. The thermostat immediately decides it's actually 19.5C, and that's close enough, so doesn't bother turning the heating on. I couldn't decide whether to be annoyed or genuinely impressed that my heating system is a sentient being which apparently shares my laziness.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Yesterday I had the heating off and in the evening it started to feel a bit chilly inside. The thermostat reads 19C, so I turn the heating on and set the temperature to 20C. The thermostat immediately decides it's actually 19.5C, and that's close enough, so doesn't bother turning the heating on. I couldn't decide whether to be annoyed or genuinely impressed that my heating system is a sentient being which apparently shares my laziness.

You luck barsteward. I came downstairs yesterday morning to find water dripping from my lounge ceiling. My central heating diverted valve has sprung a leak and I won’t get a replacement until later this afternoon. Then it’s got to be fitted after draining down the system 

On 11/10/2022 at 09:49, jawillwill said:

People who sign off emails / text messages with a single letter.

J.

Also when twats type their forename when they have full signature beneath 

Eg

Regards Whelk

AA Whelk Sidebottom

Head of Something Fucking Pretentious

Office 20256

Flat above Fried Chicken and Kebab Shop

Portsmouth 

Wrong thread for it but I have recently finished enjoying reruns of all the Cracker episodes and wondered whether Robbie Coltrane was still alive and if he was doing anything.  Googled it just a couple of days ago and it seems he'd turned into a bit of a recluse, lives alone and recent pictures of him showed him as appearing quite frail.  Not very sympathetically I remembered those New Years "Who's going to die this year" threads that we used to post on and I thought he'd be a good candidate.  He died today.  Sad news.  I liked him on the telly.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

People that put loads of hashtags after even the most mundane social media post. For example a photo of their lunch follows by

#tasty #healthylife #eatingout #favouriteplace #cantgetenoughofthisplace #getinmybelly

nomnom is the one that really irritates me

People who eat on the train. I got on the train at 4.30, it’s too late for lunch and too early for tea, I’m on a table with 3 other people none of which know each other and all of which sat down and started filling their fat, greedy faces with sandwiches, pasta meal deals and crisp. Why the fuck can’t people stop eating?

also why do people feel the need to walk around with a water bottle all the time? I don’t mean if you get a bit thirsty and buy sometime but a permanently filled refillable bottle that people endlessly sip from, you never saw that 10 years ago ffs 

18 hours ago, Turkish said:

why do people feel the need to walk around with a water bottle all the time? I don’t mean if you get a bit thirsty and buy sometime but a permanently filled refillable bottle that people endlessly sip from, you never saw that 10 years ago ffs 

And why do the majority of these twats insist on squeezing the bottle every 20 seconds thus making loud plastic crunching noises whilst seemingly oblivious as to how much of an annoying twat they are? Twats. 

Edited by trousers

On 19/10/2022 at 17:04, Turkish said:

People who eat on the train. I got on the train at 4.30, it’s too late for lunch and too early for tea, I’m on a table with 3 other people none of which know each other and all of which sat down and started filling their fat, greedy faces with sandwiches, pasta meal deals and crisp. Why the fuck can’t people stop eating?

also why do people feel the need to walk around with a water bottle all the time? I don’t mean if you get a bit thirsty and buy sometime but a permanently filled refillable bottle that people endlessly sip from, you never saw that 10 years ago ffs 

I'd extend that to the people who can't walk from A to B without a cup of coffee in their hand.  Whilst we're on the subject, coffee in general irritates me.  It's a hot beverage, it's not the most orgasmic thing ever.  I don't understand why people get so worked up by it and I really don't like being stuck behind some pretentious git that takes half an hour to decide on their order and even longer for the poor sod serving to get the drink ready.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

next door neighbour who has a BBQ whenever there is a slight bit of sun, can’t sit in the garden because of it ffs 

My neighbour burns wood whenever he can, sometimes just for the sake of it. The wind always blows the smoke across our garden and into our house.

News getting even more obsessed with vox pops. Here we are in Doncaster, Romford, Wolverhampton. Here’s Barry “I think we should have Boris back” countered by Christine “I don’t think we should have him back”. So there you have it opinion is divided. 

Edited by whelk

Just now, jawillwill said:

The term "Trussonomics".

You just know there is some journalist somewhere that thinks they are a bloody genius for coming up with it. Thankfully now Truss has gone we won't have to hear it too many more times. 

Agree. Simpler term is just knowing fuck all about economics 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whelk said:

News getting even more obsessed with vox pops. Here we are in Doncaster, Romford, Wolverhampton. Here’s Barry “I think we should have Boris back” countered by Christine “I don’t think we should have him back”. So there you have it opinion is divided. 

Yep, agree with this. I watch the news to be educated and listen to informed opinion not to find out what the man on the street thinks. Besides they nearly always do these pieces in a city centre midweek so it’s invariably retired and kids without jobs so it’s hardly representative.

Walking into a place that sells coffee and asking for a "black coffee" only for the 12 year old behind the counter to ask: "Do you mean an Americano?"

No, you buffoon, I just want a black coffee - I don't care what stupid name you've decided to call it. 

FFS.

33 minutes ago, trousers said:

Walking into a place that sells coffee and asking for a "black coffee" only for the 12 year old behind the counter to ask: "Do you mean an Americano?"

No, you buffoon, I just want a black coffee - I don't care what stupid name you've decided to call it. 

FFS.

He probably didn’t understand you because it’s a coffee without milk these days, Black coffee is a racist term. Tsk, such a dinosaur 

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/cafe-orders-customers-to-stop-asking-for-black-coffee-due-to-racism-complaints2/