The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

• 2 weeks later...

8 miles South of our house search teams are looking for Nicola Bulley, who has been missing for 2 weeks.

Police have had to issue 2 Dispersal Orders to large numbers of people going to the village to take selfies and record SM video clips. Why do these people feel the need to do this ?

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

8 miles South of our house search teams are looking for Nicola Bulley, who has been missing for 2 weeks.

Police have had to issue 2 Dispersal Orders to large numbers of people going to the village to take selfies and record SM video clips. Why do these people feel the need to do this ?

It's only 8 miles away, pop down and ask them ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Certainly strange behaviour.

On 31/01/2023 at 17:30, AlexLaw76 said:

Big Brother - it is coming back

An annoying thing about that show is how the contestants talk about 'their journey' ffs

The thing about big brother is the first one was actually quite interesting. Take a load of people from different walks of like and see how they get on. the longer it went on the bigger freak show it became with them seemingly wanting more and more outrageous “characters” every series. It just became pathetic. 

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The thing about big brother is the first one was actually quite interesting. Take a load of people from different walks of like and see how they get on. the longer it went on the bigger freak show it became with them seemingly wanting more and more outrageous “characters” every series. It just became pathetic. 

Will be full of men telling us about their journey to pregnancy. Probably a Somalian and a Ukranian, solving racist britain's issues

23 hours ago, Turkish said:

The thing about big brother is the first one was actually quite interesting. Take a load of people from different walks of like and see how they get on. 

Yep, and this is why the recent first series of 'The Traitors' worked relatively well. No doubt they'll dumb it down for the subsequent series...

Edited by trousers

38 minutes ago, trousers said:

F*** me.... There's always a large quota of thick people that pitch up on TV quiz shows but ITV's 'Lingo' attracts a whole new level of imbeciles.

Don't f***ing apply to go on a TV quiz show if you're as thick as mince, FFS. 

They set the standard of contestant to that of their expected audience 😉

3 hours ago, trousers said:

F*** me.... There's always a large quota of thick people that pitch up on TV quiz shows but ITV's 'Lingo' attracts a whole new level of imbeciles.

Don't f***ing apply to go on a TV quiz show if you're as thick as mince, FFS. 

Nah, we need those morons to fill up the Dumb Britain section of Private Eye.

The lunatics on Gumtree, I’ve literally had the exact same exchange with five people this week:

"Hello, is this still available?"

"Hi, yes it’s available."

Never hear from them again. I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that was a pub quiz question, I thought you wanted to buy it.

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The lunatics on Gumtree, I’ve literally had the exact same exchange with five people this week:

Never hear from them again. I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that was a pub quiz question, I thought you wanted to buy it.

Was it a Saintsweb account?

• Haha 3

Honey, we're selling the house!  

Why's that Handsome, you always said we'd never move again.

Because Radford Estate Agents have just put a leaflet through my door.  They have an award winning service, over 60 years of experience and for every property instructed they will put us into a prize draw for a weekend away.

First I need to arrange to have all the double glazing, soffits, fascias and guttering replaced.  DG Direct have been to the door.  They have an extensive range of styles and colours and are offering 20% off with affordable payment plans.  

I didn't know I needed any of these things.  How can I have been so blind. 

13 hours ago, Manuel said:

Honey, we're selling the house!  

Why's that Handsome, you always said we'd never move again.

Because Radford Estate Agents have just put a leaflet through my door.  They have an award winning service, over 60 years of experience and for every property instructed they will put us into a prize draw for a weekend away.

First I need to arrange to have all the double glazing, soffits, fascias and guttering replaced.  DG Direct have been to the door.  They have an extensive range of styles and colours and are offering 20% off with affordable payment plans.  

I didn't know I needed any of these things.  How can I have been so blind. 

Dragan? That you?? 

On 26/02/2023 at 13:10, Lighthouse said:

I'll buy it! What is it? 

Just now, rallyboy said:

The M27 - lanes one and two are empty, so get the fuck out of lane three!

Then exit at the next junction, stop, get out of the car, walk away from it, never look back and catch a fucking bus.

You ok, hun? 

😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rallyboy said:

The M27 - lanes one and two are empty, so get the fuck out of lane three!

Then exit at the next junction, stop, get out of the car, walk away from it, never look back and catch a fucking bus.

There's some absolute weapons driving up and down there every day.

The ones who piss me off the most are those who fly up the 4th lane by Portsdown Hill and then barge in just as it goes back to 3 lanes. Was a big accident coming back home last month because of one of those pricks.

• Like 1

When you query on social media why an artist/comedian/band haven't included a gig in the West Country on their upcoming tour, to which some bright spark replies: "They're doing Bristol".

Bristol.... that'll be the place that's closer to Manchester than many parts of Cornwall, and closer to Birmingham than large swathes of Devon.

West Country, my arse

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Kae Tempest formerly known as Kate Tempest.  Can't stand her and her awful affected accent.  They sound like a demented dalek spouting cliche ridden bollocks poetry to crap music.

Didn't recognise the name so Youtube'd it to see what it was all about.  Youtube, if you're reading this, please don't send me more.  It was a mistake.  I meant Kate Middleton,  No, Kate Beckinsale.  She'll do.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Manuel said:

Didn't recognise the name so Youtube'd it to see what it was all about.  Youtube, if you're reading this, please don't send me more.  It was a mistake.  I meant Kate Middleton,  No, Kate Beckinsale.  She'll do.  

I apologise for the distress although I did warn you. I have to turn off the radio when it comes on. It’s a fucking middle class kid pretending to be a poor black kid with a terrible fake accent spouting pretentious gritty poetry that doesn’t even rhyme. Obviously critics loved it and now it’s gone collecting pronouns it’s even worse. 
Yep, other Kates are far far better 

The word "presser" when people are talking about a press conference.

People asking if there's going to be a stream for the game. There's always a fucking stream.

Streams that always seem to cut out just as something vaguely exciting is going to happen after you've spent 25 minutes watching a turgid game with a perfect picture.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Cat said:

The word "presser" when people are talking about a press conference.

People asking if there's going to be a stream for the game. There's always a fucking stream.

Streams that always seem to cut out just as something vaguely exciting is going to happen after you've spent 25 minutes watching a turgid game with a perfect picture.

If @trousers doesn’t ‘like’ this post I will give every poster 50 pence

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

There's 12977 members according to the front page of the forum, however once you take out Alex's previous logins and the burner accounts other posters use to chat to themselves I think there's only about 20 people on here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, whelk said:

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

There's 12977 members according to the front page of the forum, however once you take out Alex's previous logins and the burner accounts other posters use to chat to themselves I think there's only about 20 people on here.

I suppose it depends on whether Trousers needs his 50p.