The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

On 14/12/2022 at 22:18, The Cat said:

Annoys me when you get them at work.

I told you something was broken and you fixed it by doing your job. I don't want to fill out a survey to rate the service thank you.

But what about the joy of getting asked to comment after someone has done a shocking job!

No holds barred, gloves off,  0 out of 10 on all questions, great therapy. 😊

24 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

But what about the joy of getting asked to comment after someone has done a shocking job!

No holds barred, gloves off,  0 out of 10 on all questions, great therapy. 😊

I did that a couple of times at work with questions from Microsoft. After one calamitous upgrade their survey scored -1, and later after another epic fail on their part my response to "What is the best feature of Windows Server 2008" was "It allows me to overwrite it with LINUX".

Cracks me up when amateurs construct surveys and do a word cloud against sentences or comments and get a pile of shite giving prominence to words of no significance eg pasty, football, fat, fuckers, goal, cunt, steward, piss, queue, if it was our crack team who send out about St Mary’s experience 

• Haha 1

This didn’t annoy me it was very amusing but thought this was the best place to post it. LinkedIn virtue signalling, look at this tool pretending he’d received this message from someone. Silly prick obviously forgot that when you recieve a message on WhatsApp it’s on the left of the screen not right. Sent a message to himself to show how virtuous he is 🤦‍♂️

DBF192E8-0D15-45A3-9522-16DE71E8E185.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Fuckers that stand still in supermarkets. Also suspicious of some in mobility scooters although I realise that is because I am a judgemental prick

Absolutely.  

THrow in people who just stop in front of you in the supermarket, also those who get something from the shelf but have their trolley pointed across the isle.

Generally, anyone with a lack of self awareness in the shop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skintsaint said:

Sometimes it might be slightly amusing depending how childish you can get.

image.png.1cd2f155ddeff292f386919a130cc414.png

funny looking foods/ restaurant food may be an exception, however if it’s some shitty beans on toast that you’ve just whipped up nobody wants to see that, bonus annoyance if they use the flash when taking the photo.

• Haha 1

Probably not such a small thing but definitely  comes into the annoying category. The car was in and out of the garage just before Christmas and ended up with a new battery and replaced coils costing me over £700.00. On Christmas Eve the engine warning light came on again. Just heard from the garage that the head gasket has gone and it will cost more than the car is worth to fix it.

Bugger.

• Sad 2

On 03/01/2023 at 13:07, Weston Super Saint said:

I guess the flipside of that complaint would go something along the lines of; "people who do not delete stupid friends from their facebook accounts after they post stupid posts about copying and pasting".

Bit awkward when one of said friends is one's mother.... ;)

Not now knowing the correct response to the question “does my bum look big in this”.

Once upon a time it was a given. If you valued your life or didn’t want to risk the ire of your partner for the rest of the day there was only one answer, “no” (no matter if the said posterior looked nice and pert or, to quote the Divine Comedy, “the size of a small country”).

Now that larger arses seem to be in vogue, what do we answer now? Is the response expected by our partner a “yes”?

Not a question that I expected to be wrestling with in later life, but it seems that you are never too far away from a disastrous social faux par when it comes to commenting on your other half’s appearance.

31 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Not now knowing the correct response to the question “does my bum look big in this”.

Once upon a time it was a given. If you valued your life or didn’t want to risk the ire of your partner for the rest of the day there was only one answer, “no” (no matter if the said posterior looked nice and pert or, to quote the Divine Comedy, “the size of a small country”).

Now that larger arses seem to be in vogue, what do we answer now? Is the response expected by our partner a “yes”?

Not a question that I expected to be wrestling with in later life, but it seems that you are never too far away from a disastrous social faux par when it comes to commenting on your other half’s appearance.

So you would not recommend “No bigger than usual”?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Larger arses in vogue? Shirley High St is awash with them

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2023 at 14:02, Manuel said:

Those people that approach you outside Primark or thereabouts.  Anyone know what they’re selling?  I didn’t want to ask.  

If it's the one in town then it's normally perfume they have pinched from a nearby shop.

4 hours ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

It always annoys me that they call us Soton

it should be “saints”, but personally have no issue with soton. most people I know refer to southampton as soton so don’t see a problem.

ie for a saints game “when you getting into soton?”. 

Edited by SotonianWill

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2023 at 10:54, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

It always annoys me that they call us Soton

Apparently, you can blaim the Echo:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/heritage/8797767.the-origin-of-the-names-soton-and-sotonian-for-southampton-and-southamptonian/

The school yearbook at King Edward's is called Sotoniensis.

Edited by badgerx16