The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

13 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm with you mate. I do enjoy watching rugby, but most of the time I have no idea what the referee has given certain decisions for.

I also still haven't the slightest clue what the point of a scrum is.

The South Africa Ireland match was decided on points gained over a technicality over the scrum. A massive game won because someones arse was too high in the air or something.

People insisting on bringing things back from holiday. Okay maybe a bottle of wine if someone looked after your pet, watered the garden or put your bins out but seriously seeing some piece of tat you’d never entertain buying at home yet insisting that would be lovely for mum. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

People insisting on bringing things back from holiday. Okay maybe a bottle of wine if someone looked after your pet, watered the garden or put your bins out but seriously seeing some piece of tat you’d never entertain buying at home yet insisting that would be lovely for mum. 

My brother in law bought us a miniature King Arthur sword in a stone from Cornwall, a 12 inch sword standing in a plastic stone. It's fucking awful, my wife doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but after a month or so I hid it away.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

My brother in law bought us a miniature King Arthur sword in a stone from Cornwall, a 12 inch sword standing in a plastic stone. It's fucking awful, my wife doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but after a month or so I hid it away.

I’m guessing you were unsuccessful at pulling it out?

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I know what do I do with my eighth fucking sombrero?

32 minutes ago, Turkish said:

international breaks. The premier league season is only 8 games in and they’ve already had two. That game last night v Australia was pointless. It was like the B team games they used to have in the 90s.

Absolute waste of time of a game, that. Just a reserves jog about.

On 08/10/2023 at 21:35, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm with you mate. I do enjoy watching rugby, but most of the time I have no idea what the referee has given certain decisions for.

I also still haven't the slightest clue what the point of a scrum is.

The Ireland v New Zealand game is a cracker even if you’re not really that into rugby. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Shame there had to be a loser. New Zealand always turn up at the World Cup though. 

They did have that weird phase of bottling it in the early 2000s though, then they got knocked out by England last time, the same day we lost 0-9 against Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Back on topic; in movies when a character drops something of critical importance to the plot, when they should be gripping it for dear life, with white knuckles. It’s perhaps the only blemish on the otherwise faultless Jaws.

You take that back right now, there's no fault with Jaws whatsoever.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

international breaks. The premier league season is only 8 games in and they’ve already had two. That game last night v Australia was pointless. It was like the B team games they used to have in the 90s.

Was out with 5 mates tonight who all love their football. Not one of us watched the England game. 

8 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Agree, it should really be on the things that bring us joy but fuck it: 

I'll never put on a lifejacket again.

Well to bring it back to the thread topic...

When I'm channel hopping in the evening and see that Jaws is on, and knowing that I'm gonna be knackered in the morning because I can't not sit and watch it all the way through to "Smile you son of a bitch".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Well to bring it back to the thread topic...

When I'm channel hopping in the evening and see that Jaws is on, and knowing that I'm gonna be knackered in the morning because I can't not sit and watch it all the way through to "Smile you son of a bitch".

Yep, I'm the same.  Despite having seen "The Thing" countless times, I'll invariably watch it right to the end as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

It was a cracker, deserved a higher billing than a QF.

22 hours ago, egg said:

Yep. Too good a game for the QF. 30 odd phases at the end, but superb defence from NZ. 

SA v France has started unbelievably too

1 hour ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Newsreaders (most notably on the BBC) who stick a non-existent 'r' into words, often place names

Glarsgow

Parkistarn

Barth

Belfarst

Ugarnda

...to name a few

Are they the same ones that miss out 't's ? "Thir-y" instead of "thirty", etc.

3 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Newsreaders (most notably on the BBC) who stick a non-existent 'r' into words, often place names

Glarsgow

Parkistarn

Barth

Belfarst

Ugarnda

...to name a few

Sorry but I have to pick you up on this. That's actually the correct and respectful way to pronounce it. 

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Are they the same ones that miss out 't's ? "Thir-y" instead of "thirty", etc.

7 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Sorry but I have to pick you up on this. That's actually the correct and respectful way to pronounce it. 

Fair enough, tbh my accent is a bit 'Estuary' so I'm more likely to drop letters than add 'em!

35 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Napoleon once called us a nation of shopkeepers. According to the daily news reports it seems that we have now become a nation of shoplifters. 😩

Have you ever posted anything relevant to this thread? You know trivial little things that get on your tits?

• Haha 1

On 19/10/2023 at 10:28, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Glarsgow

Parkistarn

Barth

Belfarst

Ugarnda

...to name a few

Do you say bath like a common northerner?

On 19/10/2023 at 10:28, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Glarsgow

Parkistarn

Barth

Belfarst

Ugarnda

...to name a few

Probably best you avoid my adopted county (Devon)... almost every word has an extra few Rs chucked in for good measure :)

edit: actually, I may be mistaking extra R's for multiple A's... E.g. Trrrraaaacter

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1