Sport Republic

Dusic

Not sure why the other thread was closed so had to create a new one to post this.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/12250300/mata-offered-man-utd-exit

From about 37mins, Duncan Castles suggests DaGrosa has basically agreed the finance to takeover and its being discussed at PL level.

The biggest backer is a NYC based private equity firm but there are question marks as they also want to get involved in funding transfer deals for other PL clubs (and gain interest on repayment). This company would be one of a number of investors and wouldn't have a majority share, but clearly for the PL this is a bit murky to say the least.

It also suggests the financing of the deal means a return in the short/medium term would be required - which must be a concern as no PL clubs make a profit and let alone if the owner allegedly wants to buy up other clubs as well, based on the CFG model which is funded by extreme wealth.

Doesn't have the sound of a great deal and the PL may reject it anyway.

If the above is accurate of course.

DaGrosa sounds like an absolute jerk from the other interviews.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Not sure why the other thread was closed so had to create a new one to post this.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/12250300/mata-offered-man-utd-exit

From about 37mins, Duncan Castles suggests DaGrosa has basically agreed the finance to takeover and its being discussed at PL level.

The biggest backer is a NYC based private equity firm but there are question marks as they also want to get involved in funding transfer deals for other PL clubs (and gain interest on repayment). This company would be one of a number of investors and wouldn't have a majority share, but clearly for the PL this is a bit murky to say the least.

It also suggests the financing of the deal means a return in the short/medium term would be required - which must be a concern as no PL clubs make a profit and let alone if the owner allegedly wants to buy up other clubs as well, based on the CFG model which is funded by extreme wealth.

Doesn't have the sound of a great deal and the PL may reject it anyway.

If the above is accurate of course.

DaGrosa sounds like an absolute jerk from the other interviews.

Ugh.  Remember, Kat can veto this*

* Unless somebody takes her shopping

• Like 1

Private Equity firm..............alarm bells ringing at this one........COVENTRY CITY TAKE OVER ALERT....Look what happened there just about surviving at this present time many many years later,what a shambles that turned out to be,btw we were so close to it being us rather than them i seem to remember. Be careful what we wish for.

• Like 1

This DaGrosa fella has got 'Tommac' written all over him... If there's any legs in this then I fear for our club's future. Hopefully the 'Katharina veto' is genuine and that she's got her 'once bitten (Gao), twice shy' hat well and truly fixed to her head...

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Will be interesting to see if the PL allow the takeover or not. 

Hi Hypo,

Do you know if the DaGrosa 'bid' is the only party interested in acquiring the club as things stand, or are there other prospective owners engaged in talks?

Cheers

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hi Hypo,

Do you know if the DaGrosa 'bid' is the only party interested in acquiring the club as things stand, or are there other prospective owners engaged in talks?

Cheers

There's no other owners that I'm aware of but I don't know all the details. I quite deliberately avoid asking for specifics so I don't get my mate in trouble. I have been told that saints have been quite careful and that Kat isn't displeased with things. I think on the face of it it looks dodgy but also we should see the details of things first before jumping to conclusions. 

Edited by hypochondriac

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

There's no other owners that I'm aware of but I don't know all the details. I quite deliberately avoid asking for specifics so I don't get my mate in trouble. I have been told that saints have been quite careful and that Kat isn't displeased with things. I think on the face of it it looks dodgy but also we should see the details of things first before jumping to conclusions. 

Cheers. Yeah, agree about not jumping to conclusions, however the anecdotal evidence out there isn't favourable towards DaGrosa. Was rather hoping there were other interested parties and that the club we're using DaGrosa's interest as negotiating fodder. If DaGrosa is the only show in town, here's hoping the details are more reassuring than the apparent misgivings on the surface.

Just now, trousers said:

Cheers. Yeah, agree about not jumping to conclusions, however the anecdotal evidence out there isn't favourable towards DaGrosa. Was rather hoping there were other interested parties and that the club we're using DaGrosa's interest as negotiating fodder. If DaGrosa is the only show in town, here's hoping the details are more reassuring than the apparent misgivings on the surface.

Like I said I don't know the details but it looks to me like he'd be one of the people involved rather than sole owner. Interested by Adam Blackmore's insistence that it's rubbish. I haven't been explicitly told that it's DaGrosa but it was heavily implied. 

• Like 1

Where’s SISA when you need them?

Seriously the fans should at least have a voice in something so potentially harmful to their club. I can hear the groans from people reading that but this could be a very pivotal moment and a very dangerous one too. At present all we have is Adam Blackmore (no offence Adam). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I understand a VERY high profile saints fan has just started following Da Grosa Capital partners and Kapital Football Group on LinkedIn. Make of that what you will. 

So it's Craig David, Lucy Pinder or Gavyn Davies. Think I know where I'd put my money out of those three.

25 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

So it's Craig David, Lucy Pinder or Gavyn Davies. Think I know where I'd put my money out of those three.

I think we’re scraping the barrel a bit when our celebrity fans include a woman who was on page 3 about 15 years ago. We need some new celebrity fans.

Definitely has a ‘be careful what you wish for’ kind of vibe.

Like everyone else I haven’t particularly enjoyed the Gao era, he doesn’t show much interest and doesn’t put money in, but the club seems to be better run than the end days of Liebherr and the removal of the likes of Reed and Ross with Semmens returning suggests someone in the set up knows what they are doing.

DeGrosa looks like he actively put his hand in the tin with Bordeaux and used to override the Manager, which if replicated here will surely cause Ralph and our best players to leave, as well as a whole host of back room staff. 

• Like 2

Need to put pressure on the PL as an fanbase to make sure thy do their homework properly and apply the same standards as they did with Newcastle. If they do, Da Grosa has no chance unless he comes with a far better set of partners than was at Bordeaux and very clear and immediate penalties if any money whatsoever is taken out of SFC. They slipped up with Gao and damaged their brand so they had to change the FAPP rules - so as a fanbase we have to be clear with them we are watching them like a hawk. Yesterday and PPV show they aren’t bothered in general about fans but they are hugely bothered about the reputation of their brand 

• Like 1

The guy sounds a shocker. Gao, despite his lack of cash, has never sold us down the river. This guy sounds like he would. Very much a be careful what you wish for imo - we're better as we are from what I can see. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg said:

The guy sounds a shocker. Gao, despite his lack of cash, has never sold us down the river. This guy sounds like he would. Very much a be careful what you wish for imo - we're better as we are from what I can see. 

Hi egg. I assume you're not worried anyway as you didn't seem to think anything was happening? 

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Hi egg. I assume you're not worried anyway as you didn't seem to think anything was happening? 

Hypo, don't turn another thread into your itk stuff. This thread has been resurrected, leave it on track. 

7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Hypo, don't turn another thread into your itk stuff. This thread has been resurrected, leave it on track. 

1 hour ago, Shandy_Top_89 said:

Definitely has a ‘be careful what you wish for’ kind of vibe.

Like everyone else I haven’t particularly enjoyed the Gao era, he doesn’t show much interest and doesn’t put money in, but the club seems to be better run than the end days of Liebherr and the removal of the likes of Reed and Ross with Semmens returning suggests someone in the set up knows what they are doing.

DeGrosa looks like he actively put his hand in the tin with Bordeaux and used to override the Manager, which if replicated here will surely cause Ralph and our best players to leave, as well as a whole host of back room staff. 

This is depressing. I’m praying DeGrosa does not get anywhere near our club. If it is true that he has bid to takeover, I can well imagine the the premier league will agree it to it. I had hoped when Adam Blackmore said this wasn’t true that would be the last we heard about this chancer. 

Yeh this doesn't sound very promising, lots of talk and plans but no real money behind it, investment groups wanting a quick buck.

People criticise Gao but honestly he mainly seems to get criticism for not throwing money into the club and running is sustainably, he's also taken no money out of club and generally let the football people run it.  Could be a lot worse and this looks potentially a lot worse. 

Football clubs generally don't generate big profits unless you are Man Utd or very lucky with transfers (which we were for a bit but its hard to sustain over long periods as a few dud buys wipe out your returns) so where this investment group thinks they are getting the money back quickly I don't know. Generally its only worth buying a club if you can increase the value long term, and then sell it for a lot more down the line. 

1 minute ago, tajjuk said:

Yeh this doesn't sound very promising, lots of talk and plans but no real money behind it, investment groups wanting a quick buck.

People criticise Gao but honestly he mainly seems to get criticism for not throwing money into the club and running is sustainably, he's also taken no money out of club and generally let the football people run it.  Could be a lot worse and this looks potentially a lot worse. 

Football clubs generally don't generate big profits unless you are Man Utd or very lucky with transfers (which we were for a bit but its hard to sustain over long periods as a few dud buys wipe out your returns) so where this investment group thinks they are getting the money back quickly I don't know. Generally its only worth buying a club if you can increase the value long term, and then sell it for a lot more down the line. 

Perhaps they intend to invest to raise the value. We simply don't know, so it is sensible to sit of the fence before writing it off as a disaster before anything has even happened.