Coronavirus

whelk

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

It was intended as a joke.

Only the odd few would be offended.

i thought we didn't like "pile ons", bullying, stalking, jokes at others expenses and so on on here. Or does that only apply when it's certain people?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I look back on the first lockdown with nostalgia. Beautiful weather and no annoying cunts to be seen. And cheap petrol

The first one was alright, I went mega f**king Titchmarsh on the garden. The subsequent ones were really tedious though and omicron nearly ruined my ski trip.

• Like 1

Interesting to note footballers seen to have stopped collapsing on the pitch. It was all the rage 18 months ago. I’m assuming it’s just coincidence now we’re not having covid jabs as we were assured that was nothing to do with it

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Interesting to note footballers seen to have stopped collapsing on the pitch. It was all the rage 18 months ago. I’m assuming it’s just coincidence now we’re not having covid jabs as we were assured that was nothing to do with it

Have they, or are people just not talking about it.

45 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I read it had more to do with all the Powerades, red bulls etc they smash back.

14 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

I read it had more to do with all the Powerades, red bulls etc they smash back.

Why anyone would drink that shit I don’t know. Have a morning pint of water with an electrolyte and creatine and that’ll sort you out. Red bull and powerades are just marketing men rinsing people and don’t get me started on fucking Prime

On 17/09/2023 at 21:33, Turkish said:

Snus is the issue apparently....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66849376

Snus sachets are put under the lip and release nicotine into the bloodstream.

In March the PFA said a growing number of players are using Snus, with some receiving help for addiction.

Snus, which has been linked with heart conditions and oral disease, is illegal to sell in the United Kingdom but it is not against the law to use it.

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2023 at 22:05, Turkish said:

You tell me. Can’t recall any recently. Can you?

There was a point at the height of the vaccine roll out where it seemed like a footy match was getting stopped every week due to a medical emergency in the crowd or on the pitch, now you don’t hear anything. We were “told” at the time that it’s a regular occurrence but they’ve only just begun stopping matches as a result. Funny how it’s stopped happening. There was definitely some kind of link between the jab and younger men suffering health issues. Two guys I know both in their 30s and of a decent fitness level both had blood clot related heart attacks following boosters.

There’s no doubt the vaccines caused widespread health issues to some of the population, the thing is there’s no way of ever knowing whether it truly saved the lives of people that caught Covid after the jab, or whether it even made a difference at all. Just from personal experience I regret ever having the jab at all.

@OldNick hope you’re on the mend mate

Edited by bpsaint

20 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

There was a point at the height of the vaccine roll out where it seemed like a footy match was getting stopped every week due to a medical emergency in the crowd or on the pitch, now you don’t hear anything. We were “told” at the time that it’s a regular occurrence but they’ve only just begun stopping matches as a result. Funny how it’s stopped happening. There was definitely some kind of link between the jab and younger men suffering health issues. Two guys I know both in their 30s and of a decent fitness level both had blood clot related heart attacks following boosters.

There’s no doubt the vaccines caused widespread health issues to some of the population, the thing is there’s no way of ever knowing whether it truly saved the lives of people that caught Covid after the jab, or whether it even made a difference at all. Just from personal experience I regret ever having the jab at all.

@OldNick hope you’re on the mend mate

That’s proof of absolutely nothing other than the fact that the football authorities briefly went mad and decided that any incident requiring medical attention in the crowd necessitated a stop in play and that only the clubs on field medics could run across the pitch and deal with it, rather than the St John’s paramedics who’ve been in stadiums for decades to deal with such occurrences. These ‘stoppages every week’ involved an NFL player who was head butted in the chest, at galloping speed, by a 19 stone mountain of an opponent and a fan at Notts County who slipped on wet stairs and cracked his head open. Hence they ‘seemed to be happening every week’. 

The likes of Tiss hysterically posted these stories knowing they were at best ambiguous, but didn’t show one ounce of contrition when they invariably turned out to be bullsh*t. But then why would he; tweeting things like, "hey guys, sorry if I mislead you all last week, it turns out that Fleetwood fan was actually an u3 year old registered diabetic," isn’t exactly great for your anti-vax street cred.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Course we are. Everything is a propaganda machine conditioning people to think a certain way. People slam Matt Le Tissier for his views and maybe he has gone a little bit weird but his fundamental point is right, don’t take everything you see and read at face value. 

Have a open mind about what is going on in Ukraine and you are labelled all sorts. Same with Covid, BLM etc

• Like 2

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Have an open mind about what is going on in Ukraine and you are labelled all sorts. Same with Covid, BLM etc

Basically if you disagree with anything other than what you are told to think you’re a thick, nut job, mentalist, racist etc

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Says the guy that consistently posts the opinion of other people in the mainstream media on here 🤣🤣

What are you dribbling on about?

People like MLT get slammed because they talk bollocks. They believe bizarre conspiracy theories based on little on no evidence just to be 'different', they are the opposite to having an open mind.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have an open mind about what is going on in Ukraine and you are labelled all sorts. Same with Covid, BLM etc

People’s opinions differ on all manner of subjects - see this thread. Just because you may be in a minority on some things shouldn’t give you some complex that you are fighting ‘them’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Course we are. Everything is a propaganda machine conditioning people to think a certain way. People slam Matt Le Tissier for his views and maybe he has gone a little bit weird but his fundamental point is right, don’t take everything you see and read at face value

That’s literally the exact thing he DOES do though. He reads some absurd sh*te written by other nutters on Twitter and he swallows every drop of it as if it’s the jizz of the gods. Ironically he is one of the few people who does take everything he reads at face value; he just chooses to read the stuff you see written on the walls of mental hospitals with human faeces because it’s not mainstream.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That’s literally the exact thing he DOES do though. He reads some absurd sh*te written by other nutters on Twitter and he swallows every drop of it as if it’s the jizz of the gods. Ironically he is one of the few people who does take everything he reads at face value; he just chooses to read the stuff you see written on the walls of mental hospitals with human faeces because it’s not mainstream.

How do you know? 

this isn’t a debate about MLT anyway so don’t turn it into one. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aintforever said:

What are you dribbling on about?

People like MLT get slammed because they talk bollocks. They believe bizarre conspiracy theories based on little on no evidence just to be 'different', they are the opposite to having an open mind.

You rarely post an opinion of your Own pal. In fact you tried to pretend yoh did once and even then it was something you’d copied and paste from something else 🤣🤣

and as per my comment to lighthouse don’t turn this into a MLT debate my point him was, and I did say he’d gone to far, was that his fundemental point is correct don’t believe everything you are told to think. 

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How do you know? 

this isn’t a debate about MLT anyway so don’t turn it into one. 

If I can tell you what somebody’s opinion is on something that hasn’t even happened, they don’t have an open mind. For example I can absolutely guarantee that if the WHO announced a cure for AIDS, certain people would have ‘evidence’ that it caused people’s knobs to fall off and kidneys to fail or some other b*llocks.

If your default opinion is always just, “tHe MaiNSrEam Meeeeeeeeja,” is wrong, it isn’t actually an opinion at all, much less one worth listening to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If I can tell you what somebody’s opinion is on something that hasn’t even happened, they don’t have an open mind. For example I can absolutely guarantee that if the WHO announced a cure for AIDS, certain people would have ‘evidence’ that it caused people’s knobs to fall off and kidneys to fail or some other b*llocks.

If your default opinion is always just, “tHe MaiNSrEam Meeeeeeeeja,” is wrong, it isn’t actually an opinion at all, much less one worth listening to.

Equally I can tell you what a lot of peoples opinion will be because they will tell anyone who questions what’s in the MaiNSreEam Meeeeja” Whatever that is, that they are thick, racist, conspiracy theorists etc 

and we all know you suck it all, remember how excited you got that there might be another lockdown a couple of years to 🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Equally I can tell you what a lot of peoples opinion will be because they will tell anyone who questions what’s in the MaiNSreEam Meeeeja” Whatever that is, that they are thick, racist, conspiracy theorists etc 

There is no ‘mainstream media’ opinion. The Indy, Grauniad, Dail Heil and the Express all post wildly differing takes on every major issue. Everybody questions what’s written in the media, that’s what conspiracy theorist choose to ignore.

Being different doesn’t necessarily make you interesting or useful.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

There is no ‘mainstream media’ opinion. The Indy, Grauniad, Dail Heil and the Express all post wildly differing takes on every major issue. Everybody questions what’s written in the media, that’s what conspiracy theorist choose to ignore.

it isn’t about trying to be interesting although I rest my case the fact that you’ve made a dig at people about it

Like you did with omicron when a few of us said the widespread panic was misplaced and you were desperately hoping it was true so you could get another lock down you mean?

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

it isn’t about trying to be interesting although I rest my case the fact that you’ve made a dig at people about it

Like you did with omicron when a few of us said the widespread panic was misplaced and you were desperately hoping it was true so you could get another lock down you mean?

The only panic I remember was from people like you saying, “oh look, another variant, how convenient, say goodbye to all your freedoms forever.” The rest of that literally never happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The ' mainstream media' also don't report on many things they actually should do......some politically correct sensitive issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harvey said:

The ' mainstream media' also don't report on many things they actually should do......some politically correct sensitive issues.

Indeed. There's stuff that happens that gets no airtime over here in your daily newspapers and sky/BBC/itv news. You'll see different stuff elsewhere, and approached from a different perspective. Although Lighthouse is correct that theres no uniform approach from our media, there's a broadly common approach in terms of what's reported and not reported. 

Anyways, the thread has been sidetracked enough so I won't get into a media chat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The only panic I remember was from people like you saying, “oh look, another variant, how convenient, say goodbye to all your freedoms forever.” The rest of that literally never happened. 

“People like me”? 🤣🤣

you make my point for me.

for the record I don’t recall ever saying that, I do remember saying it was a big panic over nothing, didn’t the science say ridiculous amounts of infections and deaths? (omicron) and so it proved to be. Sorry you never got another lock down

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

“People like me”? 🤣🤣

you make my point for me.

for the record I don’t recall ever saying that, I do remember saying it was a big panic over nothing, didn’t the science say ridiculous amounts of infections and deaths? (omicron) and so it proved to be. Sorry you never got another lock down

5000 deaths a day. That was said.

Just looking through the covid thread, it is quite funny (for those who could see through the scare-tactic that was Omicron).

Poster supporting 'No Jab, No Job'. others claiming they will probably always wear a mask (I highly doubt they still are today).  Many people were fully paid up members of the Matt Hancock scare club.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Just looking through the covid thread, it is quite funny (for those who could see through the scare-tactic that was Omicron).

Someone has a lot of time on their hands. Have you gone back over the Russia thread and been embarrassed?

• Haha 2