International Saints

TWar

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

Also in other news as its not been mentioned, but Che Adams has made his Scotland debut. 

Currently 2-2, came on as a second half sub.

Looked OK I thought, didn't get much service. Armstrong looks like a totally different player for Scotland, looked well off it, although I did only tune in for the second half.

Wasn't mentioned yesterday with all the talk of England and Scotland but Bednarek played 90 minutes in a 3-3 draw with Hungary. Didn't watch the match but they conceded three goals despite having 64% possession so probably won't be too thrilled with that defensive performance.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Wow, 6 defense minded players against the mighty Albania. 

Atleast we aren't playing 3atb as well as two defensive mids like we usually do. Southgate is so boring.

1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

This game is fucking awful so far.

Not a fan of Southgate at all.

So negative. Rice and Phillips doing the exact same job. Stones the most creative player in our back 6. All sidewards and backwards, too easy for them. 

Needs to get Bellingham on for Rice or Phillips ASAP. 

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

So negative. Rice and Phillips doing the exact same job. Stones the most creative player in our back 6. All sidewards and backwards, too easy for them. 

Needs to get Bellingham on for Rice or Phillips ASAP. 

Rice & Phillips is the new Gerrard & Lampard.

It's one or the other.

This is fucking dreadful v Albania.

3 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

It's one or the other.

Bloody right.

Have the players been instructed not to cross, face the albanian goal or pass forward in their third of the pitch?

Oh for a JWP give 'n' go.

7 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

It's one or the other.

At least with Gerrard and lampard it was 2 attacking players who genuinely were the best in that position for their era. Phillips just looks average to me. 

That has been dreadful, such a low standard.

Not sure why we've got 6 defenders on the pitch against Albania. The entire setup looks condensed and confused. It's no wonder we're not creating anything.

What were Southgate's senior managerial credentials prior to getting the England job? Relegation with Middlesbrough? 

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not sure why we've got 6 defenders on the pitch against Albania. The entire setup looks condensed and confused. It's no wonder we're not creating anything.

What were Southgate's senior managerial credentials prior to getting the England job? Relegation with Middlesbrough? 

Yes man Right image Ability to waste another golden generation  

Hes the perfect candidate. Expect aidy boothroyd to take charge after the 2022 World Cup to lead us to another 10 years of obscurity. 

But in all seriousness, I think he was just the default option of ‘he’s managed the younger lads, we have younger lads coming through, let’s give it a go’. 

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He won an European Championship with the U21's I think. 

And Ward-Prowse was Southgates main man for most of Southgates tenure.

Don't normally agree with Adrian Durham on TalkSport as I find him a bit of a windup merchant, but he was bang on when he said he finds it astonishing that Southgate gets such an easy ride with the media considering most of Southgates opposition so far in the senior job has been against piss poor opposition.

And when we have played quality we've looked seriously questionable.

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

He'll bring on the English Ronaldo in a minute to sort it out.

With Mount and JWP in the squad, if we win the euros (unlikely), you could argue that Portsmouth won it for us. 

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

With Mount and JWP in the squad, if we win the euros (unlikely), you could argue that Portsmouth won it for us. 

Well, with that and their incredibly stable football club with better long term prospects than us you have to say it is a perfect time to be from Portsmouth. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Well, with that and their incredibly stable football club with better long term prospects than us you have to say it is a perfect time to be from Portsmouth. 

They clearly have the ability to produce some world class footballer down there 👀

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

They clearly have the ability to produce some world class footballer down there 👀

You'll have to remind of the role Portsmouth Football Club have played in their development as world class footballers.

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You'll have to remind of the role Portsmouth Football Club have played in their development as world class footballers.

Come on CB. I expected that from MLG, I thought you were better than that. 

But since you asked, it was probably the influence of watching their hero’s week in week out that got them into the game. Some might say, the most important factor of the lot 😉

Edited by SKD

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Deliberately not signing them and letting them flourish in a more established and competent academy environment?

• Like 1

I reckon Southgates going to get panned in the back pages tomorrow.

This has been absolutely horrific.

This is right up there with Hodgsons last game V Iceland.

We are winning 2-0 away from home. Not that bad.

4 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

A win is a win, the performance will Be forgotten tomorrow. However, I do think his World Cup credits are running thin. 

We’re stuck with him until after the euros at the very least. 

9 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

I’m not sure, ultimately we won and it is a job well done.

I don’t follow other European media, but France won ‘just’ 2-0 away against Kazakhstan (and drew the other day to Ukraine), Spain only ‘just’ beating Georgia 2-1, Belgians drew 1-1 to the Czechs.

Also, I think Southgate doesn’t really get criticised so much which irks me.

However, I agree that he should be laid into, with the talent we have we should certainly be doing better and I was actually disappointed we got just the 5 against San Marino. I just know come tournament time and when push comes to shove we will be outplayed against a nation like Italy who have better tournament nous than us.

Edited by nta786
Spain scored

The bare minimum you'd expect v fucking Albania

I'm glad you're enjoying what must be the very first time you've ever experienced an England major tournament qualifying campaign. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SKD said:

Perhaps this could be a good time to mention good defensive structure and coaching to keep the score down....

My mind: Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it. 

Me: this result shows how bad the 9-0 defeats are, even Albania are defensively set up better than us. Ralph could learn a thing or 2 from this Albania coach. 

Edited by SKD

England game not worth commenting on other than another JWP cap. Damned however many they won by but give credit to Albania for not folding like a garden chair like SFC do. At least it was better than the midweek waste of time v Italy Z, just relegate them and the other joke nations to playing Netley Central. 

Adams starting for Scotland in Israel, that should be a more eve game and harder to call. Israel competent and Scots improving. 

27 minutes ago, SKD said:

My mind: Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it. 

Me: this result shows how bad the 9-0 defeats are, even Albania are defensively set up better than us. Ralph could learn a thing or 2 from this Albania coach. 

Now you’ll upset them! 

I see kazakstan managed to only conceded 2 against a French team containing Martial,  Grizezmann, Mbappe for 30 mins. How can this be?

Edited by Turkish

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Now you’ll upset them! 

I see kazakstan managed to only conceded 2 against a French team containing Martial,  Grizezmann, Mbappe for 30 mins. How can this be?

Mike dean isn’t the ref mate. The only logical reason.