International Saints

TWar

1 minute ago, TWar said:

https://streamja.com/6B31a

Here it is, beauty. Bit of skill to make space on the turn and lashes it in from 22 yards out or so.

That's a tasty finish. I like him, yes he misses a few but he's always making runs, space and having a go. It's what we need, someone prepared to have a pop (and maybe miss) than the endless ball recycling. Hope he comes back full of confidence!

Just now, JustinSFC said:

Southgate is great v piss poor sides, play a side a bit above rank average and he gets found out.

Who genuinely thinks we'll get any further than the quarter finals at best in the Euros?

I don't think in game management and tactics are his strong suit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saint lard said:

And to think...Phillips has more England caps than Le Tissier ever achieved already. 

I remember the days when to earn a cap you had to have a consistent 18 months or so rather than simply be the flavour of the month.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Don't understand the stick he gets from some of our fans. I really don't.

Because we have more than our fair share of clueless twats...it’s a big jump from Championship football and he lacked confidence a big part of any strikers game.

Doing well needs to keep going.

3 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I took the opportunity for a Bednarek watch in the absence of JWP. I thought he had a decent game and no gratuitous errors.. How many touches did Stones make??

Bednarek made 2 brilliant tackles first half didn’t have much to do second as Kane went walk about deeper and deeper with Sterling disappearing up his own backside 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Bednarek made 2 brilliant tackles first half didn’t have much to do second as Kane went walk about deeper and deeper with Sterling disappearing up his own backside 

Handy flick on as well at the end.

In the end Armstrong not needed, so maybe Ralph had a quiet word or the Scotland coaching staff indeed appreciate his physical capabilities.

30 minutes ago, saint lard said:

And to think...Phillips has more England caps than Le Tissier ever achieved already. 

I’m not one to big up saints players, but JWP would be so much more suited to that deeper lying role than Phillips (obviously the added set play threat as well). I think with JWP, Southgate doesn’t know his best position and plays him in a 10, which is clearly not his strongest position. 

Phillips is so average and Rice is the standout holding CM, then for me, it’s between Henderson, JWP and Mount (Shout out to Bellingham who is a great talent, but hasn’t had much of a look in) for that second no8 position. 

To think Phillips has played the most out of the above in games against San Marino, Albania and Poland is criminal and shows why southgate isn’t the man for this crop of talent. I can only assume his place for squad in the euros is not secure and he wanted a closer look at him? 

Personally, My strongest 3 would be Rice, mount, Foden with Henderson coming in for rice in easier games and Foden for tougher games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SKD said:

I’m not one to big up saints players, but JWP would be so much more suited to that deeper lying role than Phillips (obviously the added set play threat as well). I think with JWP, Southgate doesn’t know his best position and plays him in a 10, which is clearly not his strongest position. 

Phillips is so average and Rice is the standout holding CM, then for me, it’s between Henderson, JWP and Mount (Shout out to Bellingham who is a great talent, but hasn’t had much of a look in) for that second no8 position. 

To think Phillips has played the most out of the above in games against San Marino, Albania and Poland is criminal and shows why southgate isn’t the man for this crop of talent. I can only assume his place for squad in the euros is not secure and he wanted a closer look at him? 

Personally, My strongest 3 would be Rice, mount, Foden with Henderson coming in for rice in easier games and Foden for tougher games. 

I think it’s more to do with Southgate lives near Leeds and Phillips is probably part of his hipster gang 

Congrats to Che. A fine goal. Good first touch, control and shot.  Only the Faroe Islands I know, but as long as he keeps doing it at international level that can only be good for us, even if it meant we had to sell him on at a good profit somewhere down the line.

I do wonder if Ralph had a polite word with the English and Scottish camps, sending home JWP as a fitness precaution and Armstrong not used unnecessarily. I also thought Bednarek had a pretty decent game against England. Happy that Che came through unscathed and with a boost to his confidence as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Congrats to Che. A fine goal. Good first touch, control and shot.  Only the Faroe Islands I know, but as long as he keeps doing it at international level that can only be good for us, even if it meant we had to sell him on at a good profit somewhere down the line.

I do wonder if Ralph had a polite word with the English and Scottish camps, sending home JWP as a fitness precaution and Armstrong not used unnecessarily. I also thought Bednarek had a pretty decent game against England. Happy that Che came through unscathed and with a boost to his confidence as well.

I am sure Ralph did have a word . Vesti on bench also for Denmark.

18 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

An ex Saint but a special mention for Steven Davis who earned his 126th cap yesterday to beat Peter Shilton’s record.

What record is that? Number of caps for a UK player?

Edited by The Cat

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That's some achievement.

He still needs about another 60 caps to break the all time record, in which case he'll have to play until the age of 55 because he must be at least 47 already!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

Southgate is great v piss poor sides, play a side a bit above rank average and he gets found out.

Who genuinely thinks we'll get any further than the quarter finals at best in the Euros?

Yes man who is never going to embarass the FA.............. never going to provide them with a trophy either.

Edited by hackedoff

23 hours ago, Streaky said:

Not sure Kalvin Phillips is  either but he's in the first 11 and will probably go to the euros. Can prowsey displace him, I think so.

I watched Phillips fairly closely these Internationals (Leeds fan mate I know saying how good he is) and I really can't see what he does that nearly every prem players couldn't! 

3 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

A statement that applies to 95% of international managers, why should England be any different?

Southgate doesn't have enough player respect. Imo.

What's he ever done? Missed a fucking penalty and a series of adverts...

Edited by JustinSFC

• 11 months later...