The Euro2020 Thread

Saint Garrett

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Wow, great effort by Coman at the end.

What a frigging evening of football. Seriously. Best i've watched for years.

Yep. 14 goals in 2 matches. Unbelievable entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Antrimsaint said:

Have to say thank God both these games were on Itv. Far superior commentary on both games.

Emma Hayes and Ally McCoist v Savage and Murphy. No contest

McCoist is a breath of fresh air as a co-commentator to be honest. Nothing dour about him at all.

Not sure about Clive though.

8 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Have to say thank God both these games were on Itv. Far superior commentary on both games.

Emma Hayes and Ally McCoist v Savage and Murphy. No contest

Hayes was trash. McCoist and Tyldesley are so far above any other commentators it's embarrassing. I'd rather every game was on Itv with them doing the commentary. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Hayes was trash. McCoist and Tyldesley are so far above any other commentators it's embarrassing. I'd rather every game was on Itv with them doing the commentary. 

Agree to disagree. Hayes was thoughtful, clear headed and had brilliant insight that she got over well. I thought she was a breath of fresh air. Not trash at all. Maybe you’re thinking of Savage.

I think Clive is so so. McCoist elevates him

Edited by Antrimsaint

Just now, Antrimsaint said:

Agree to disagree. Hayes was thoughtful, clear headed and had brilliant insight that she got over well. I thought she was a breath of fresh air. Not trash at all. Maybe you’re thinking of Savage

Nope. Savage is horrendous but she was poor as well. Terrible monotone voice it was awful. Gabby is the only female in football at the moment worth listening to. I'm not against female commentators or summarisers but I want good ones. TBF though I'd rather listen to her than Mark Hughes, sourness or Savage. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Nope. Savage is horrendous but she was poor as well. Terrible monotone voice it was awful. Gabby is the only female in football at the moment worth listening to. I'm not against female commentators or summarisers but I want good ones. TBF though I'd rather listen to her than Mark Hughes, sourness or Savage. 

Agree to a point. Itv very good this year. Much rather have pundits though picked on their content rather than profile. Easily have Keane, Souness et all over the Bbc lot

What Jenas, Cole, Murphy or Savage bring I don’t know

9 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Agree to a point. Itv very good this year. Much rather have pundits though picked on their content rather than profile. Easily have Keane, Souness et all over the Bbc lot

What Jenas, Cole, Murphy or Savage bring I don’t know

Can agree with that. Some players are clearly picked because of their sex and skin colour. I want competent and entertaining pundits where demographics are an irrelevance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I bet he’s the most relived man in the stadium, they either go through or somebody else shares his penalty woe

You’re not wrong there, although I still think France don’t get back into the match if that penalty goes in.

Is anyone else very mildly annoyed by the way the sponsors are announced in the ad break? They literally couldn’t be bothered to record the sentence, "UEFA Euro 2020 is sponsored by Qatar Airways." Instead it’s disjointed and bodged together, like the announcements on a tube train.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Is anyone else very mildly annoyed by the way the sponsors are announced in the ad break? They literally couldn’t be bothered to record the sentence, "UEFA Euro 2020 is sponsored by Qatar Airways." Instead it’s disjointed and bodged together, like the announcements on a tube train.

You grumpy old bastard 😀