The Euro2020 Thread

Saint Garrett

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Odd how long they are now taking over var decisions now they are in the knockout rounds but were happy to make quick ones in the groups.

Maybe because it’s an English referee running VAR today. Going with what they normally do in the Premier League

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Interesting how the goal was allowed even though his arm was offside but his feet were onside. Seen quite a few disallowed for that  in the premier league this season 

Exactly, seems to boil down to better interpretation of the rules and less splitting of hairs. Goals are the bedrock of football so anything to reasonably maintain them is good by me.

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Are there only women in that crowd? It’s all the cameramen seem to focus on

Once England go out this becomes the only reason to watch, the cameramen seem to spend all their time scanning the crowd for the best looking women.

40 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Once England go out this becomes the only reason to watch, the cameramen seem to spend all their time scanning the crowd for the best looking women.

Indeed. Every game seems to have an endless supply of stunners apart from the England games which has focused on two fat birds waving a flag with the queen on it. Never see these sort of ladies at St Mary’s. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Manuel said:

And also, if they can't decide in slow-mo on a screen within 2 minutes whether he was off or not, give it.  It's a goal...

Well in that scenario it should’ve been don’t give it, as the lino flagged it offside. So without VAR it wouldn’t have been given. 

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Not that you’d know it from the commentary. They remain very tight lipped, in golf Peter Alliss hushed to mention it “there’s a fine filly”, or similar praise for a hottie 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Confused 1

I think I want the Dutch to win.

I'm worried a Czech win makes our side of the draw to the semis look too open, easy, winnable, etc. "Best chance we'd ever have" etc.

Which is a cast iron guarantee we'd fuck up on Tuesday.

And shit they’ve scored. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Danny Murphy levels of commentary there. BBC  missed a trick not hiring you miss.

Don’t be another one that falls into the trap of responding to every post someone makes with a tedious comment. 
Despite the negativity, LDH makes some good points at times, so try and take each post on merit. Far too many already that love to bitch and troll based on who is posting and not what is posted. You’ve got loads of strong opinions (agree with some, think some are bollocks), don’t clog up the forum with another shitty feud that everyone else has to trawl through to read some decent comments.

Edited by ChrisPY
  • Like 6

Just now, CB Fry said:

Tell you what lads, this draw is really opening up now. This could be our best ever chance to get to a major final.

I always thought it was a lot harder to play against ten men 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Don’t be another one that falls into the trap of responding to every post someone makes with a tedious comment. 
Despite the negativity, LDH makes some good points at times, so try and take each post on merit. Far too many already that love to bitch and troll based on who is posting and not what is posted. You’ve got loads of strong opinions (agree with some, think some are bollocks), don’t clog up the forum with another shitty feud that everyone else has to trawl through to read some decent comments.

Thats a fair point. I’ll keep the confrontational comments off the football related threads.

Its very easy to get caught up in but you are right. Its not fair on others. I have been a lurker for years and respect this opinion.

• Like 1