Turkish/MLG - Misc. Bromance

Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Or we could set up a thread from PlayStation and football manager fans to discuss who is good on there. Oh wait there already is, it’s on the geek technology chat part of the board 

Where is this as I play both FM and FIFA, and could do with a laugh.

I will add I do find it laughable some of the players we are linked with; but will add I’m smart enough to know who you can buy on a game and who your club could buy in real life are two separate things. 🙄

For example, Tomiyaso would be perfect, however I don’t envisage the board sanctioning a transfer fee that big.

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Or we could set up a thread from PlayStation and football manager fans to discuss who is good on there. Oh wait there already is, it’s on the geek technology chat part of the board 

You know FM is a simulation based on real life and its database is used by Premier League clubs don't you? FM21 has sold over 2 million copies! It is not obscure geekdom, it is mainstream.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You know FM is a simulation based on real life and its database is used by Premier League clubs don't you? FM21 has sold over 2 million copies! It is not obscure geekdom, it is mainstream.

As it’s greatest exponent on here you are hardly compelling evidence it’s anything more than a game played by freaks and oddballs who struggle once the discussion moves beyond statistics 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As it’s greatest exponent on here you are hardly compelling evidence it’s anything more than a game played by freaks and oddballs who struggle once the discussion moves beyond statistics 

You are incapable of moving discussions beyond petty personal insults. What does that say about you...!? 🙄

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You are incapable of moving discussions beyond petty personal insults. What does that say about you...!? 🙄

You’re not a good advert for FM being played by normal people and not geeks. That’s a fact not an insult. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’re not a good advert for FM being played by normal people and not geeks. That’s a fact not an insult. 

You act like a primary school playground bully who has picked up some petty insults from an older brother in year 8. 🙄

happy episode 7 GIF

2+ million copies sold Turkish, 2 million! That is a lot of people you are labelling as 'not normal'!

Do you really think your posts on this forum are 'normal' or constructive and add to this forum in a positive manner? It is a shame the mods don't pick you up on a lot of the pathetic insults you make and ban you.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You are a primary school playground bully who has picked up some petty insults from an older brother in year 8. 🙄

happy episode 7 GIF

2+ million copies sold Turkish, 2 million! That is a lot of people you are labelling as 'not normal'!

Do you really think your posts on this forum are 'normal'? It is a shame the mods don't pick you up on a lot of the pathetic insults you make.

Mr Blobby was Christmas number one once. That doesn’t mean anyone older than 12 liked it. 

It has its market, geeks, nerds, people who are shit at football, virgins, special coppers. There is nothing wrong with it if spending hours on end sitting in front of a computer screen is your thing. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Mr Blobby was Christmas number one once. That doesn’t mean anyone older than 12 liked it. 

It has its market, geeks, nerds, people who are shit at football, virgins, special coppers. There is nothing wrong with it if spending hours on end sitting in front of a computer screen is your thing. 

You ok queen? DM me hun xx

Sometimes people have different opinions to you, that's ok. As someone who clearly values subjectivity and qualitative experience over quantitative data, surely you appreciate this - therefore matey here cannot be objectively wrong and you can not be objectively right... the way you otherise these groups (virgins, geeks, shit at football etc.) and then distance yourself from them is suggestive of a very insecure and/or unhappy individual - my guess is youre probably on another thread, laughing at people for having players names on their shirts; then on another, laughing at those who do not identify as cis gender; then on another, mocking those who dress a certain way - just angry at people for no reason other than insecurity with the self. 

Edited by Saint_dane
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, Saint_dane said:

Sometimes people have different opinions to you, that's ok. As someone who clearly values subjectivity and qualitative experience over quantitative data, surely you appreciate this - therefore matey here cannot be objectively wrong and you can not be objectively right... the way you otherise these groups (virgins, geeks, shit at football etc.) and then distance yourself from them is suggestive of a very insecure and/or unhappy individual - my guess is youre probably on another thread, laughing at people for having players names on their shirts; then on another, laughing at those who do not identify as cis gender; then on another, mocking those who dress a certain way - just angry at people for no reason other than insecurity with the self. 

Not really as I’m not a virgin or a geek and was/am pretty decent at football. So maybe I should distance myself from them, but as a decent fella happy to give anyone the time of day 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

It's ok, we get it. You're super cool. You don't wear replica. Having fun is lame. Computer games are for babies. And you definitely, definitely aren't a lonely middle aged fat arse without real friends giving out strange insults to others behind a computer screen to make yourself feel better. Certainly not.

• Like 34

2 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

It's ok, we get it. You're super cool. You don't wear replica. Having fun is lame. Computer games are for babies. And you definitely, definitely aren't a lonely middle aged fat arse without real friends giving out strange insults to others behind a computer screen to make yourself feel better. Certainly not.

3 upvotes from geeks already , yay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Oh the irony, you’ve accused him of “giving out strange insults” whist insulting him? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Do you really think your posts on this forum are 'normal' or constructive and add to this forum in a positive manner? It is a shame the mods don't pick you up on a lot of the pathetic insults you make and ban you.

I won't comment on the computer game thing, or the comments flying around (peoples reactions tell a story), but calling for people to be banned is not cool or necessary.

Where do you draw the line - on the forum last night we've had Turkish positing what he's posted, Aintforever calling him all sorts, you've probably been irritating and pedantic as per, people wading into Turkish for "insults" with insults, for once I wasn't a chippy prick as I had a night off but, etc. It's a forum, some posters irritate other posters - but don't be pleading with the ref for a red card. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 2

Just now, a1ex2001 said:

Any transfer news? This thread has been off topic for ages!

Good question! No real CB links, Ralph says JWP is expected to stay, Obafemi doesn't want to go Blackburn. That's your lot I think. 

7 hours ago, Saint_dane said:

Preach it my Danish brother!

It's just bants (banter, having a bit of a laugh). It's endemic in Southampton and I can assure you that everyone can take it, and more than that they actually enjoy it. I get in trouble in DK for doing it because Danes just don't get it. Point being, you can put your white steed away.

-The geek who played semi-pro and threw it all away to become a non-virgin.

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

You act like a primary school playground bully who has picked up some petty insults from an older brother in year 8. 🙄

happy episode 7 GIF

Ah MLGs getting all upset because someone is taking the piss out of his biggest passion  being the one waving the imaginary card under the refs nose. 

D82EBFDF-BA76-4672-9ACA-EA8C6019FD61.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

I’ve got friends. Hypo, Egg, Alex Law, I’ve got loads of mates. Strange that you’re insulting me because you didn’t like something I posted. Bit like our lovely wokey aintclever who called me a cunt, bellend and gammon In two posts for the same reason, and the there is MLG who wants me banned because I don’t like his baby. But yeah I’m the bad guy 🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, adriansfc said:

If we could get some conclusion to the sexual tension between you and Turkish I think most threads would benefit. 

Indeed, surely the purpose of a forum like this is to impart news and share opinions. Sometimes a view will be shared and someone will disagree. When things become very dull for most viewers is when the same point is discussed over and over between a small group of two or three posters, often having nothing to do with the actual thread. Perhaps the forum should have a special "spare room" on the side where these "spats" can continue without de-railing the chat for everyone else. 😅

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

There are plenty who would say the same thing about those that go on online forums. Not that any of those things you listed are subjectively bad. Just let people enjoy things. They're not hurting you so why are you trying to make them feel bad?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

There are plenty who would say the same thing about those that go on online forums. Not that any of those things you listed are subjectively bad. Just let people enjoy things. They're not hurting you so why are you trying to make them feel bad?

I’m not stopping them enjoy it or feel bad about it. I’m not sure why anyone would think I was.

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I do legitimately wonder if people on the board take a look at this place every now and then. I think it'd be way too tempting.

If the last page doesn't suggest we need another signing then I'm not sure what will.

In times gone by they did and even used to have plants posting on here! Seriously I’m not joking. No idea if they do now.

Just now, Turkish said:

In times gone by they did and even used to have plants posting on here! Seriously I’m not joking. No idea if they do now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that. I've played to a decent level and had a search of my name on Twitter after a good game, not sure why it'd be much different further up the rankings.

Please sign a DM, and give Tella a new deal ASAP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’ve got friends. Hypo, Egg, Alex Law, I’ve got loads of mates. Strange that you’re insulting me because you didn’t like something I posted. Bit like our lovely wokey aintclever who called me a cunt, bellend and gammon In two posts for the same reason, and the there is MLG who wants me banned because I don’t like his baby. But yeah I’m the bad guy 🤣🤣

BA9748A3-426C-4725-9BD1-0567EB75D05E.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

34,832 posts....

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Is there any chance that with a new season about to kick off and us all being Saints fans on here that we could just discuss football without the need to act like children and chuck petty insults around.

Lets have a great season supporting our team.

Well said. Interesting isn’t it how quite a few people are lining up to have a go at me this morning. The playground bullies showing their true colours. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Blimey, 31 likes and counting. I'm almost as popular as Turkish now 🥰

Only amongst a certain demographic.1

25 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Blimey, 31 likes and counting. I'm almost as popular as Turkish now 🥰

Don’t be too proud of yourself, I find the current trend of taking the high ground and rousing up a posse of high minded internet warriors far more distasteful than anything any of the more voluble posters post. It’s just bullying, but you probably think it’s ok because in your eyes you are on the right side.

You’ve got whatever number of likes you have got out of potential thousands of viewers.

This forum would be a lot poorer for the absence of the more opinionated posters, in my opinion.  You have the option to ignore, or chose not to engage. No one has the option to tell others what the should think, it’s the way the world is heading and it’s extremely dangerous.

• Haha 1

You have the option to ignore, or chose not to engage. No one has the option to tell others what the should think, it’s the way the world is heading and it’s extremely dangerous.

Bloody hell, what a lot of nonsense. How typical of our modern times especially from those on the right. Someone gets called a pillock and they suddenly claim they're being shut down or cancelled.

Telling somebody in a slightly rude fashion that they're being a bloody moron is anybody's right and something us Brits especially shouldn't be afraid of. Nobody is telling Turkish to stop thinking that Stone Island a cracking brand, he perfectly welcome to enjoy it, we're just going to laugh at him for it. That's not dangerous, let's not be such snowflakes.

Come on Saints 

1 hour ago, niceandfriendly said:

Bloody hell, what a lot of nonsense. How typical of our modern times especially from those on the right. Someone gets called a pillock and they suddenly claim they're being shut down or cancelled.

Telling somebody in a slightly rude fashion that they're being a bloody moron is anybody's right and something us Brits especially shouldn't be afraid of. Nobody is telling Turkish to stop thinking that Stone Island a cracking brand, he perfectly welcome to enjoy it, we're just going to laugh at him for it. That's not dangerous, let's not be such snowflakes.

Come on Saints 

What a strange comment. When have I mentioned stone island? You’re just making things up now. 

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Only amongst a certain demographic.1

Don’t be too proud of yourself, I find the current trend of taking the high ground and rousing up a posse of high minded internet warriors far more distasteful than anything any of the more voluble posters post. It’s just bullying, but you probably think it’s ok because in your eyes you are on the right side.

You’ve got whatever number of likes you have got out of potential thousands of viewers.

This forum would be a lot poorer for the absence of the more opinionated posters, in my opinion.  You have the option to ignore, or chose not to engage. No one has the option to tell others what the should think, it’s the way the world is heading and it’s extremely dangerous.

So what you are saying, people have the right to be opinionated but others can't be opinionated back.

When I liked the post I didn't think I was joining a posse, blimey and they call the left snowflakes. I do love the way people claim victimhood in these kind of arguments.

But the thing I can't get my head around in these type of arguments when someone stands up for something they believe in, they get a vitrolic reaction from others for the type of stand whilst they also profess to hate the thing the person is taking a stand against as well.

6 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

So what you are saying, people have the right to be opinionated but others can't be opinionated back.

When I liked the post I didn't think I was joining a posse, blimey and they call the left snowflakes. I do love the way people claim victimhood in these kind of arguments.

But the thing I can't get my head around in these type of arguments when someone stands up for something they believe in, they get a vitrolic reaction from others for the type of stand whilst they also profess to hate the thing the person is taking a stand against as well.

Really? What examples do you age of this?

12 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

BA9748A3-426C-4725-9BD1-0567EB75D05E.gif

Probably the least surprising cabal on an Internet forum ever. They follow each other around and back each other up on threads which support their agendas. Not only is it very tiresome, it also makes this place an unpleasant read. A gang of bullies should not be tolerated but they get away with it day in day out. All that happens is that part of threads get moved to the Lounge or shut down. It’s about time the Mods took proper action.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Probably the least surprising cabal on an Internet forum ever. They follow each other around and back each other up on threads which support their agendas. Not only is it very tiresome, it also makes this place an unpleasant read. A gang of bullies should not be tolerated but they get away with it day in day out. All that happens is that part of threads get moved to the Lounge or shut down. It’s about time the Mods took proper action.

From a bloke that bring politics into a tragedy. Shameless. 

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You used the shooting of innocent people in Plymouth to have a dig at people you don’t agree with on a football forum. You really are the biggest prick I’ve come across in years of mongboarding!

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I have read posts where you call people racist/far right because you do not agree with them. 

And they are the bullies?

I think this sums up Soggy (and a fair few others on here who are always very quick to pull out the 'you're a thick cunt' card)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58186519

The "new snobbery" is a form of condescension practised by university-educated "progressives" - directed at people they consider ignorant and bigoted, David Skelton argues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Intelligent people can discern that others may be thick - way of the world I’m afraid.  You take comfort from the article though mate. 

How do you define who is intelligent and who is thick? Ask a fish to climb a tree etc…

Just now, Turkish said:

How do you define who is intelligent and who is thick? Ask a fish to climb a tree etc…

You can do tests although that alone may not show you ability. It isn’t just academic achievements either.