FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Swansea (a)

nta786

The draw for the 3rd Round takes place at c. 7pm today, live on BBC/ITV apparently.

What would we like?

image.thumb.png.3cb284d1001634f35246d58ef8cf98f8.png

The numbers for the draw above - PL clubs shaded in blue. We are ball number 37.

Kidderminster Harriers at home please.

If not, I wouldn't mind Charlton away! 

8 minutes ago, nta786 said:

The draw for the 3rd Round takes place at c. 7pm today, live on BBC/ITV apparently.

What would we like?

image.thumb.png.3cb284d1001634f35246d58ef8cf98f8.png

The numbers for the draw above - PL clubs shaded in blue. We are ball number 37.

Kidderminster Harriers at home please.

If not, I wouldn't mind Charlton away! 

Bristol city for me .last time at Ashton Gate was a pre season Friendly in 1988 .. Russell Osman scored a header to draw 1-1

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As always, I want someone sh*te at home.

As always, we’ll get Chelsea, Arsenal or Everton away.

Someone else will need to remind me of the last time we drew a big team like that in the FA Cup third round. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, angelman said:

Oh dear. I hadn't realised Harrogate beat Pompey. How sad.

Which according to the local MSM is 'bizarre' - by which they mean, it seems, it's close to illegal that a League 2 side defeats an inadequate League 1 side

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/how-portsmouth-became-the-latest-victim-of-a-bizarre-fa-cup-trend-after-defeat-to-harrogate-town-joining-sunderland-wycombe-lincoln-and-doncaster-3482890

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Only on Itv4 as well, so if the plan was for fucking no one to watch it, mission accomplished lads.

Yeah mental as one of highlights of whole cup is 3rd round draw. Surely they must want to sell more Emirates?

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Swansea (a)
4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's not "on TV" is it? And not an obvious place to look, neither is ITV4, who looks there?  Didn't the 3rd round draw always used to be on BBC1??

back in the day it was radio only, and to be honest as a spectacle its made for radio.

To be honest, the first place I look is the BBC website and there it was. Good to see David Seaman looking well and with a huge smile on his face, as always.  

Shit draw though. Always want a new ground and the long trek to Swansea is not overly appealing. Such is life.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Oh yeah, good point. 

Obviously that wasn't the memory I was referring to although I'm sure some people who went would have enjoyed themselves!

Been a few good visits to Swansea over the years, Gabbiadini game was superb though mate, good old days under Mark Hughes. 

Officially away fans were banned for the friendly in the summer as Wales still had covid restrictions,  was the same against Cardiff a few days earlier but a few still managed to get in. 

Hopefully this one works out like our last trip across the border this season. 

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Been a few good visits to Swansea over the years, Gabbiadini game was superb though mate, good old days under Mark Hughes. 

Officially away fans were banned for the friendly in the summer as Wales still had covid restrictions,  was the same against Cardiff a few days earlier but a few still managed to get in. 

Hopefully this one works out like our last trip across the border this season. 

The scarves on the seats game was a memorable day. Wonder if people are still cross about missing out on their free merch?

I'll go to this one if it's not on the Sunday. Let me know if you need a lift.

20 minutes ago, tunit said:

Think I saw someone on twitter say out of our last 16 cup draws we've been drawn away 12 times. (not including replays and Wembley) which is crazy.

Not including any replays and neutral venues, we’ve been draw away in 16 of our last 22 cup ties, over the last 5 years.

Swansea - A

Chelsea - A

Sheff Utd - A

Newport - A

Bournemouth - A

Wolves - A

Arsenal - H

Shrewsbury - H

Brentford - H

Spurs - H

Huddersfield - H

Man City - A

Pompey - A

Fulham - A

Derby - A

Leicester - A

Everton - A

Brighton - A

Wigan - A

West Brom - A

Watford - H

Fulham - A

On 07/12/2021 at 10:20, Lighthouse said:

Not including any replays and neutral venues, we’ve been draw away in 16 of our last 22 cup ties, over the last 5 years.

Swansea - A

Chelsea - A

Sheff Utd - A

Newport - A

Bournemouth - A

Wolves - A

Arsenal - H

Shrewsbury - H

Brentford - H

Spurs - H

Huddersfield - H

Man City - A

Pompey - A

Fulham - A

Derby - A

Leicester - A

Everton - 

Brighton - A

Wigan - A

West Brom - A

Watford - H

Fulham - A

Weird how we had a rash of aways then a rash of homes then another much longer rash of aways broken only very briefly by the pimple that was Watford at home 2 seasons back. 

I'd like to know the record run of consecutive away and home draws on third round day in the entire history of the FA cup if anyone has this information please.

Edited by stknowle